You can go looking for the Boggy Creek Creature!

Discussion in 'General' started by Spit, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Spit

Spit Active Member

Check this out!

http://www.ufodigest.com/swampape.html

I'm guessing the source is not the most reliable...

But if there really is a group going to look for a 'Swamp Ape' in November I would be all over it if I lived in FL.... I could finally get some use out of my turquoise plastic pith helmet. (obscure MST3K reference there...)

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

3. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

I love Bigfoot stuff, cryptozoology and all of that, but I would rather see the Texarkana Phantom case reopened.

4. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Just last week I hiked a region in upstate New York within the Adirondacks that has been the site of numerous sightings, as mentioned on the BFRO. The region in question is called Sabbath Day Point and I must say that while I did not find evidence of anything, I do find it extremely possible that unknown species could live within these miles of mountainous terrain much of it very treacherous and replete with rattlesnakes. There were times when I mentioned to others in my party that virtually anything be it a bear or otherwise could have been ten feet in front of us and we would not have known due to the dense foliage and darkness/shade provided by the mature trees.
    I'm studying anthropology presently and cryptozoology has always been an area of interest too. I can only hope that if these creatures exist they stay hidden and concealed. Too many rednecks and opportunists like the Biscardi hoaxer would try to exploit them otherwise, on the other hand maybe they'd be like the murderous bigfoot in Night Of The Demon(1980) rather than the peaceful creatures they have been made out to be. Who knows?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  5. rhett

rhett Well-Known Member

Charles B. Pierce, is it really you!?

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I want to believe in Bigfoot, but some bones or something would've had to be found by now. It's not like there's so much uncharted terrain on Earth. If people can get there, people have been there and probably still are. I just can't believe anymore, and cleaver set-ups in videos always get proven as fakes.

Now if they are bone-eating cannibals, there is still hope of existence.

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

This is what bfro hd to say about that:

8. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

With all the rednecks in the forest hunting these things, one could only hope they would murderous!! :lol: I've always had a fasination with Bigfoot. In this day and age, it really getting more difficult to believe any stories you hear, but I know what you mean about the deep dark wilderness angle. You really do have to wonder if it is the prime area for something to hide/live in.

9. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

YES! I sure wish somebody would say some good things about my Boggy Creek sequel. It doesn't get any respect! Those muddy Jeep scenes were a bitch to film!!

10. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

If anybody lives in or near the Guernsey and Coshocton County area in Ohio, it is Bigfoot heaven!!! There is always an annual Bigfoot Conference that is held with speakers. There always ends up being some kind of controversy about the conferences too....gossip, lying, backstabbing, he said, they said type of thing.

11. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

This isn't too far from me. When is event held?? I think it would be a riot to go to something like this!!! :lol:

12. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

The event is held at Salt Fork Park Lodge near Cambridge, Ohio usually during the month of May. I didn't make it to the 2010 show. This year's big draw was Bob Gimlin. He was supposed to be present at the scene of the famous 1967 Bigfoot filming--- you know that 30 second clip every Bigfoot program shows of Bigfoot walking.

It is an easy way to kill 6 or 7 hours. It is fun to check out the audience too. That is one of the reasons why I like going. It is a show within a show. A lot of people look like they are still living in 1976. It makes you think you are living in one of those Sunn Classic Pictures documentaries.

13. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

The 1967 Roger Patterson film?

14. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

Yes, the Patterson Bluff Creek film.

15. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

Glad to see you mentioned the Bigfoot Convention in Salt Fork. I've known Don Keating for many,many years. I've missed out for the last year or two also cause of there being so many things going on that weekend. Usually Motor City Con,Springfield Flea Market,etc. but it is well worth going to and they have even had the might Smokey Crabtree there. I love all those Bigfoot films and that's what lead me into being an assistant researcher for the PIC in Columbus,OH. I think things had changed a lot since the X-Files days and there is less interest anymore due to Starbucks and sports crap filling up too much time in people's lives. I'm glad at least MonsterQuest and other shows are doing some docs on Ohio Bigfoot(or the "Grassman" as they say now). Most researchers like Robert W Morgan(thebloodstalkers@aol.com),Erik Beckford and others have had encounters with "Bigfoot" here in Ohio and I know there have been rashes of sightings/encounters in the Salt Fork and West Jefferson areas.

16. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

17. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

Hopefully there will be a conference next year. I heard Mr. Keating had some problems with a lot of people this time.

I think Smokey Crabtree was there back in 1998 or 1999. I would've loved to have seen that. I don't think I even knew of the conferences yet when he was a guest. I did buy his CD and books from his website awhile back. I never knew anybody in Ohio to call Bigfoot the "Grassman", but I guess they do.

18. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Chinese researchers to relaunch 'Bigfoot' search

Source: cnn.com

Money well spent? ;) Good luck anyway.