X - A24 Ti West (March 18th, 2022)

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Man, I gotta give this another go. I might have had a few too many refreshments going in and possibly nodded off a time or two. :D
    .......I also think it's cool they're releasing the prequel later this year.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

PVOD release this Thursday, April 14th.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Watched it on the big screen last night and found it perfectly enjoyable. There isn't a whole lot more to it than sex, gore, and an expectation of ageism from the audience. It does conjure up a bit of a Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Eaten Alive vibe, and the frailty of the antagonists does require some suspension of disbelief, though it pays off when the movie reaches its ironic conclusion. Also, for some reason I really liked Brittany Snow's character. She's upbeat. She likes sex. She's also practical about sex. She isn't judgmental when it comes to race and sexual preference, and she's kind to old ladies. She deserved better than what she got. :D

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it. The horror stuff really doesn't come till late on in the movie but the characters are rather likeable and interesting so it didn't matter to me at all. If anything it was sad when the kills started happening because I didn't want any of the to die.
    I'll definitely be buying this at some point. It also made me want to go back and watch some of Ti West's other films as his style really impressed me.

Kim Bruun and russweiss like this.
  5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Watched it tonight and unfortunately I was disappointed, it was over long and I just couldn't get into it.

I may give it another go in the future, maybe I'll enjoy it then.

6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Steel76 likes this.