Worst Horror Movie Site

Discussion in 'General' started by Fistfuck, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

You have to admit, that you kinda set the sincerity of your opinion up to be scrutinized with those kind of statements.........

Last edited: Apr 13, 2003
  2. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

What was the point being missed? You just expected everybody to ONLY agree with your choice(s) and follow suit? You have to allow people the opportunity to disagree with your opinion and to tell why they disagreed with your choice.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2003
  3. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

No, I think that most of us just don't like attacking something that someone put time and effort into purely out of love. Do you know how much work goes into making a horror movie site? People expect lots of pictures, colorful graphics, news that weren't stolen from other sites and content that likewise wasn't leeched off someone else. I used to have a small horror site years ago and I took it down because it was too much work--writing reviews, finding news to post, proofreading everything, scanning photos, making graphics on Photoshop, etc.

We criticize books and movies because, as consumers, we don't like to be disappointed when we pay for something. We criticize elected officials because we put our trust in them when we vote them into office and have certain expectations of them.

Attacking a horror site is different. At best, the webmasters break even with banners and affiliate programs, though many don't. Web hosting isn't cheap for a high traffic site, especially if it offers media downloads. Commercial sites that sell videos, DVDs, t-shirts and other merchandise are different and I have seen people here happily trash a site that screwed them over or gave them bad service. I've read some horror stories here that steered me away from the retailers mentioned and I appreciate that, but to trash the work of someone who makes a website just because he or she loves the genre seems tasteless. Yes, there are some awful horror movie sites out there, but I sure as hell wouldn't spend all the time and (in some cases) money required to maintain one, so I'd rather just not visit those sites instead of ridiculing them on a message board.

Now, the best horror site I ever saw was Joe Sena's Dungeon of Darkness, but it's been offline for about five years now. :(

4. Fistfuck, thanks for not liking arrow in the head, youve introduced me to a good horror site that brakes away from the high standards that horrordvds provides and gives some light hearted fun reviews. :D

5. P.s thats a rad bruce campbell interview hes got!

6. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Ok, Dave can we close off this thread or delete it or something?

7. Pope V

Pope V Guest

:lol: :lol:

The positive vibe is almost sickening isn't it?

8. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

To tell you the truth, I couldnt name a bad horror movie site because aside from this site the only other one I visit is Creature Corner. These 2 sites alone give me plenty of horror information to go on and I really dont look for other sites to go to.