Worst Horror Movie Site

Discussion in 'General' started by Fistfuck, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Let's break some balls here. What's your choice for worst horror movie site around? My vote goes to Arrow in the Head. What a horrible piece of shit site. The webmaster, known as the Arrow, reminds me of a frat boy who has no sense whatsoever of horror or horror movies. He conducts the worst interviews (including one of himself), posts half-naked women on his site to make up for an obvious lack of content, and uses the site as a personal springboard for his career as an actor.

I like making asshole threads. Who's next?

2. Eddie Quist

Eddie Quist Guest

I actually love Arrow in The Head. The dude seems like a nice, affable guy, and his reviews are pretty funny at times.... And I have no problem with pictures of half-naked babes. ;)

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Arrow in the head ain't that bad.

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Arrow's alright man, can't we all just get along, now go over there and give'm a hug

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I won't name the name, but there was a site where the "reviews" consisted of blow-by-blow descriptions of the movie, then maybe one or two sentences of analysis. And they bragged how "in-depth" they were. C'mon...ANYONE can write down exactly what happens in a movie.

It was pointless, 'cause there's NO WAY you'd read a review before you saw it, as it completely gives it away. And you wouldn't read one after it, 'cause all it is is a description of what you just saw.

I'm not quoting, but if they were to review something like say, Carrie, it would be like:
    Some high school girls are playing volleyball. They hit the ball to this girl Carrie, and she misses it. Everyone gets mad at her. Chris Hargensen makes a nasty comment to her. Then, they're in the shower room. The girls start getting dressed, and drying their hair. Carrie is still in the shower. She's washing herself, and then drops the soap.....

You get the idea. Needless to say, their "reviews" took several pages...

6. KillSwitch

KillSwitch Guest

Arrow in the Head are awesome!! Show some love y'all. :)

Nick

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Is that guy Arrow Beach who posts there this Arrow fellow?

8. Fistfuck

I see Paff is the only one able to enjoy this site. But I think I know what site you're talking about, and I'll name the name for you. Terror Trap. I agree with you. They're "reviews" are pointless if you're looking for a movie to watch. Plus they're "insights" are as juvenille as anything on the Arrow, if not moreso.

9. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I gotta side with the peeps that like Arrow In The Head. Although it's not the be all end all site like Horrordvds.com ;) , it is entertaining in it's own right.

10. Latency

Latency Guest

Horrordvds.com

11. Latency

Latency Guest

I kid I kid. Please don't ban me :)

12. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

arrow aint that bad, if i cant find a review on here its usually my next stop (unless its a euro horror then i normally check eurohorrors.com out first)

13. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Gotta side with the Arrow too. Although his language is a bit stupid sometimes, I swear I read the word "flava" in one of his reviews, his reviews are usually pretty entertaining, and I usually agree with his ratings. Also like Terror Trap, a little longer, okay alot longer than needed to be with the scene for scene descriptions, but I read reviews for movies I've seen all the time, just to get other peoples opinions so I don't mind, I just skip to the analysis part.

I can't think of a worst, most sites have something decent to offer. I've seen some crappier sites, some of the Geocities sites, but still, I don't know many I'd call the worst.

14. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I'm also going to have to defend Terror Trap. I agree that they do give you a play by play on a movie. But i'm not sure you are ment to read there reviews before hand there more for a recap incase there is something you may of missed, or didn't understand. Alright i admit it I love all horror sites. JUST GIVE ME HORROR DAMMIT AND I'M AS GITTY AS A SCHOOL GIRL IN GYM CLASS.

15. Fistfuck

We really missed the point of this thread.

16. Mattster

Mattster Guest

I knew that was The Terror Trap by that description. I stopped reading their reviews because they all gave away the endings and didn't really offer much after that. I really like Arrow in the Head though. The forums are cool because they aren't filled with threads about tits and random other stuff. It's a nice place for horror discussion.

17. Dwhots

Dwhots New Member

Arrow in the Head is a kick ass site. I have been a big fan for quite a long time now. I enjoy his reviews and thanks to them have found a great number of films I would have normaly never have seen. His interviews I have always found cool, striaght to the point. Not a lot of sites have interviews. As for the woman on the site, he's a guy and has a right, just like woman have a right to posts pics, of scream queens, scream-kings I guess it can be called.
    I would quit it with the bashing, if you don't like the site, fine, live with it. But there are those who do. Remember that.

cheers

18. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I was under the impression that Dave didn't go for this type of shit on the site. Am I wrong?

19. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Re: Re: Worst Horror Movie Site

That's completely hypocritical. He has a right to hate that site just as much as you have a right to love it.

20. Fistfuck

Listen guys, you need to calm the hell down and look at why I made this thread. I asked, what, in your opinion, in the worst horror movie site? I did not start this thread merely as a flame against the Arrow and his site. I've been to a lot of shitty websites, and some of them piss me off with how they're set up.

Now for Christ's sake, we have best of and worst of threads for just about every topic, be it movie, music group, Stephen King book, etc. And I didn't post this so everybody could come and defend the sites we pick on. Part of criticism is opining on what you view as in poor taste or lacking quality. And I know how much you all love to do that because I see you over in Off Topic condemning our country and its leaders.

As far as I know, Arrow isn't a member of this community, and I'm not attacking anyone on these boards. You all are taking way too much offense for something that #1) isn't connected to you in anyway, therefore you shouldn't be getting your feelings hurt, and #2) is a stupid and rather pointless thread and you can save a lot more of your time by just pressing the back button instead of attempting to put me in my place.

So, for those of you who dislike a certain horror website, let me know. Because I'm interested to here about it.