What the hell happened to the Death Race 2000 DVD?!

Discussion in 'General' started by hotbodynick, Aug 31, 2008.

1. hotbodynick

hotbodynick New Member

It's "discontinued" already! I can't count the number of times I had it in my hand to purchase and now I can't get it unless I want to shell out for an overpriced "rare oop" copy somewhere.

You would think they would have had it sitting around on store shelves when Death Race was released in theatres this summer.

Booooooo!

[​IMG]

2. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

CRAZY! I'm glad i picked this up when it was released. It's amazing how fast some DVDs go out of print. I see Ebay has them Buy it now for $39.99!
    I've lived by the motto "shoulda bought it when i saw it" for years now. I have been burned too many times in the past.

3. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Most, if not all, of the Corman films are now OOP that were released though Disney. I noticed they were all pretty much getting low on inventory at most online stores a few months back and picked up the ones I was missing. I'm sure there is a definitive list out their of what was released by Disney. I knew it was an ominous sign when Disney acquired the Corman films. They only released a small percentage of what they picked up, which is a shame.

Who knows what they are thinking and what their future plans are for the Corman catalog.

4. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

Good thing I pick up the Roger Corman Boxset with this one in it a few years ago. Man that set was only like $20 when it first came out for 4 dvd's.:D[​IMG]

Now that thig Is going for $200. Holy crap:eek:

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

That's odd that most of them are OOP. I also did find it very strange that they never really released many of the Corman titles. Hmm...

But luckily, I had bought almost all those and the old pre-Disney discs.

6. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Yeah, me too. Never felt a reason to upgrade. These will come out again, maybe in the case of Death Race with a new version tie-in.

7. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Damn,I sold mine (unopened) early this year,figured I could grab a new one easily.Live and learn.

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

very stranger thta it wasn't still inprint for the new death race movie cause that is the time whenever people want to see the original

same thing happened with the 4 mainstream batman movies even the 2 disc versions and box set and that just came out a couple years back went oop in april of this year and warner bros ndidn't rerelease them for the new film they just released a new dvd of the 1966 movie and a batman begins giftset and cartoons