What is THE scariest movie of all time?

Discussion in 'General' started by vampyr789, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Jaws poster is definitely one of the scariest posters I remember seeing as a kid. (Loved the movie to death, though. Always have.) However, I always thought the poster for Great White was scary as shit.

[​IMG]

Fuck, could you imagine opening your eyes for a second and looking down into the water and seeing that fuckin' thing coming towards you? Jesus....

~Matt

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

nightmare posters?? for me it was always seeing Silent Night, Deadly Night VHS cover in blockbuster. i took one look and i had terrible nightmares. i also was terrified by covers for Halloween and Child's Play

3. BoredSeal

BoredSeal New Member

It´s simple. In horror movies I was scared of unknown things coming from some other dimension, hell, heaven, dreams, death. Or God´s punishment, end of the world... But it´s also important how these movies were made, the style they translate into your mind. John Carpenter surely made lot of scars on my childhood. :)

From Beyond
    Hellraiser
    Nightmare on Elm Street - I saw this at 15 years in theatre and had sleepless nights over week ;)
    Halloween (you could say Myers is just a murdered, but Carpenter created a presence of unstoppable, patient evil following its destination)
    The Church
    The Fog
    Prince of Darkness
    Evil Dead 1 and 2
    The Thing

From newest movies Haute Tension worked for me. :)

4. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

On a similar tangent of "scary movie posters", I remember there was a box for a old VHS at my local rental place when I was a kid that freaked the crap outta me. So much so, in fact, that I still recall it pretty regularly now, 20 years later. I don't remember the name, but I know it had a mirror with a monster coming out of it on the cover, and the box was a sort of "moving" cover a la a hologram or lenticular image.

It actually bugs me that I don't remember the name of the flik...