Walking Dead TV Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Jun 2, 2010.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Last night's episode continued the streak. Entertaining & interesting.

Not that anyone would believe me but I swear
    when they were on the tracks I said out loud, as a goof wouldn't it be funny if she got shot right in the head during her little speech
    You could imagine my laughter.

2. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Agree. Even the "filler" episodes in this season are really good.

baggio likes this.
  3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

But still, the writers continue to wimp out and spill real blood. Anybody that reads the books knows that
    that bolt was meant for Abraham. If they wanted to really mix it up they could've at least shot Rosita or Eugene, not the person that has only been in like five episodes

4. Ptflea2

I've not read one page of the source material, but I can see for those who have that noticing the major/minor differences would be a major distraction and/or annoyance. But again, I haven't and am none the wiser and am still really enjoying this season a lot.

5. Dave

Dave Pimp

The show doesn't have much guts, no pun intended. I will wait it out and see if they kill off a main character in the finale. Regardless I will continue to watch because it's one of the handful of shows that my wife and I watch together.

What's up with Rick not showing up in each episode? Is that new to this season or am I just clueless? I actually googled Andrew Lincolns contract but couldn't find much. He must be signed up for like 12 eps or something.

6. maybrick

It isn't the differences that annoy me, it's the limp dick way that they introduce new characters just to kill them off but leave the primary actors untouched. The writers really don't have any balls and have totally strayed from the original "anyone can die at any time" device and changed it to "anyone can die at any time, unless they are popular with the audience in which case if they ever die off it has to be saved until the finale because that's like totally unpredictable, right?"

Seriously, when was the last time a major cast member died to everybody's surprise mid season? Dale way back in Season 2?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  7. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Man, those have to be some staleass cigarettes...

8. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have to agree with you. All minor characters have died and no major deaths. It is very annoying. Glenn should be dead, period. Carl should be dead too from the gunshot. I admit, I've never read the comic and I don't care if they change things up, but the writers have become pussies.

9. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I agree...it's time one of the old characters gets bumped off like Glenn or Maggie.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Not that it really matters but the character has been in 9 episodes.

That's why Fear of Walking Dead is excellent. There's no source material to refer to. Nobody can make comparisons, every viewer is at the same level in terms of what they know about the show.

On the Walking Dead comic, I have never read them. Well actually I did read a little to see what it was all about and to make a comparison to what I saw on screen. Read a few volumes circled around the episode a few weeks back, the one with the big fight, the chain of people walking through the zombies , etc... And I got to tell you, I just don't get it. No way could I take the time to read the entire series. Just didn't appeal to me whatsoever. I will give the writers of the show a lot of credit to take a few panels and write a whole segment on screen. Ever since I read the material it's gonna be hard for me to criticize the writers of this TV show. They make nothing into something. Not to mentioned they are somewhat forced to stick to the main story line and events of comic. The pressure from the comic book fans to stay true to the material must be a chore.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  11. maybrick

You're simply wrong, Baggio. I've never once talked to a fan of the books that insists that the show stick to the books. In fact, there was expectations from the very beginning that the show would diverge a lot more from the text than it actually has. What bothers us most is just what I said: too many safe characters and too many undeveloped red shirts.

12. Dave

Dave Pimp

Shhh! You'll get Paff talking about gasoline again. Accept zombies and magic gas+cigarettes that never go stale!

I think they finally ditched gas in the comic when they did the time jump. Everyone is riding horses now.

Fistfuck likes this.
  13. Ptflea2

I wonder if the writers had to change some story lines (and fates) around the budding love affair with Denise and Tara because it was becoming more and more obvious the actress playing Tara was pregnant.

14. Harry Warden

Never thought of that but I do think they did a pretty good job early on when shooting her in scenes. Honestly, I hadn't any idea she was pregnant until I saw her interviewed on Talking Dead.

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yes the season finale of season 6 will be an extended episode and also I believe there will be a major character death at the hands of Negan me thinks anyway liking season 6 a lot but still too for me my favorite season was 3

16. Harry Warden

I totally agree. There should be more of an element of suspense/surprise-never knowing who might bite the dust (no pun intended).

17. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

If the fetus in Maggie's womb were to go stillborn would the baby turn to a walker and then eat its way out? And, if so, how awesome would that scene be?

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

So, what do you think?

Is Daryl dead?

My guess is they're pulling another Glenn on us.

19. Harry Warden

I think they are pulling another Glenn. I can't wait until the season finale. Someone is going down.

20. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

At least one major character must die in the finale in order to raise the stakes for season seven. My biggest problem with this show over the last few seasons is how they treat the supporting cast. They are neglected until they need scene filler and when they finally start building them up, they kill them off. Knocking off someone from the main cast will only help some of the other characters who have yet to get any significant screen time, and since other major characters should be making their way into the fold in season seven, having Daryl, Glenn or whoever get whacked would be beneficiary to the show. They already have enough trouble juggling such a large ensemble cast as it is.