Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

Got my shipping notice today. Both titles I ordered are coming in separate packages.

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

What's up with Trauma not being listed on their site now?

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Partner Labels only for the month of December. Trauma should be up on their site again (along with the rest of their catalog) on January 1st, along with the new January releases (Dead Heat 4K, Curfew, Forgotten Gialli #4, Master Of The World).

fceurich39 and Zombie Dude like this.
  4. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. Zombie Dude

Cheers guys. I wasn't sure if it was limited and I'd missed out.

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Flesh For Frankenstein UHD is getting universally bad marks for its clownish HDR; apparently if you turn HDR off it's fine. The regular HD and 3D seems to both be getting good marks though.

We'll have to see what VS does. They rarely have to issue replacement discs right? So, I'm not even sure what would happen. They may even stick to their guns on it for all I known.

7. Zombie Dude

What's wrong with it, contrast boosted too high or something?

8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah, sorry, I should have provided a link. But the bitching is on Blu-ray.com and I'm loath to link there. Starts with on the top with benderdalek: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=340761&page=7

Say what you will about color intent, there's some clear clipping nerfing color grading and as more people get their hands on the UHD they're agreeing it's that bad (not just that guy's setup).

Maybe review copies were right? None of the reviewers complained. So, shipped editions were mucked up? I hope so, just in the sense that VS intended the preferred version.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. Zombie Dude

It's hard to tell if this is definitely an issue to me or people's settings and displays. Some caps looked good and others horrible but they were posted by different people using different methods.

Then some were saying the Beastmaster 4k didn't look good when it looked fine to me. Guess I'll watch this space and see what ultimately happens and how caps look on Caps-a-holic end up looking.

10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Both of the screenshots on the blu ray.com link look horrible to me. I'll open the disc up soon and see what it looks like.

11. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

They have replied to me and confirmed that the orders should have been sent together but they had a problem with order mergers their end, so people be aware you may not get all your order together. I suppose for those native in the USA this is not a problem, I live in the UK so was worried they were gonna try and charge me again for the additional postage, but all seems to be good, well it will be when I get shipping confirmation.

russweiss likes this.
  12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I just got my discs in yesterday, didn't have a chance to preview them. I don't have a 4K TV, and I can't see in 3-D.

But I'm getting really tired of all the complaining every time a movie we love finally makes it to HD. Especially since we used to watch movies on VHS tapes, edited, pan-and-scanned, and we had to rent them rather than own them.

Yes, I know, the technology exists today to make things look damn near perfect and sometimes a Blu (or 4k) release doesn't look as good as it could. But please, let's all get back to watching movies and enjoying them, instead of nitpicking stupid shit like "artifacts" and calling something "unwatchable" that would have absolutely stunned us back in 1987 and we would have invited all our friends over to show it off.

13. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Well VS are gonna be sending out replacement discs for Flesh 4K, they will be sending them in January, I don't have a copy of announcement to post here.

russweiss likes this.
  14. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I saw that too. With a $6 coupon. I guess it's only the UHD that's causing the problems. So my comments a couple of posts back, while they do apply in general ("The image stutters for two frames at 8:34....we need replacement discs ASAP! Where the hell is quality control??"), this one appears to be a legitimate problem for the 4K users.

x666x and russweiss like this.
  15. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

^I actually have digital break up The Beastmaster 4k at one part. Anyone else?

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

You have the old disc that had that encoding glitch on it. You'll need to get a replacement disc from VS.

x666x likes this.
  17. Zombie Dude

I mean it depends for me. I agree with what you're saying to an extent but I also remember a mob on Blu-ray.com saying people were being ridiculous and pedantic about the missing gore scene in JGTH and the audio missing in Jason X when the Shout boxset came out. Sure they were short, minor issues but they should have been there and were present in prior releases.

18. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

And it also depends on how much you care, what you've paid and what's been advertised. If a release is coming and has been advertised as 'sourced from only surviving elements' and people moan when they see the output, then I don't agree, they provided you with information your expectations should be in check. if you've paid $150 dollars for the Friday set, it's advertise as the definitive edition and then you find out bits are missing then I think you should shout about it. In relation to the Friday box set, I was never gonna buy it, but because of the issues on 3 of the discs and replacements sent my mate who brought the set gave me the faulty discs, so I got Part 3 3D, Jason goes to hell and Jason X the only 3 discs I really wanted from the set, and with the 'issues' presented I could certainly live with them for the price I paid.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I watched Best Friends over the weekend. Good movie, but some real deceptive advertising on the cover, especially the original one. The cover makes it seem like a revenge thriller and refers to "crossing the border", but the only borders crossed are figurative ones. Since this is a "road trip" movie, you kinda expect the protagonists to end up in some hostile foreign country, but in the end the only fighting is between the titular friends. Still, it's an interesting entry in the "Vietnam War PTSD" genre that does so without hitting you on the head with an anti-war message. Not the usual VS fare (though the lead actresses do get topless a lot), but a good low budget 70s flick I probably wouldn't know about if it wasn't for them.

20. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

My Black Friday order arrived December 13th. so far I've watched the Blood-A-Rama set (more or less - it's a rough ride) and Ebola Syndrome. I expected to like Ebola Syndrome more than I did. It's subversive and gory, which I appreciate, but the overwrought lead performance by Wong put me off the movie. I get that his role is a loser, and while the idea of this petty lowlife spreading a deadly virus like some Typhoid Mary is interesting, the buffoonery is painfully unfunny to me. Plus, there are only so many times I care to watch the same unattractive dude have sex during one movie, and Ebola Syndrome crosses that line.

Colin likes this.