Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Nothing we can really do about it. Except not buy it. These companies might, and I stress "might" get the hint and lower prices. Look at VS. They are a great company, release great PQ but are getting a little out hand now imho.

What's funny to me is the list of "unreleased" "wants" is getting smaller and smaller. Something tells me they know that. So they are trying to get all they can. Don't blame them I guess. Tammy Trex- haha they must have like 50,000 copies of that still. :D

Which brings me to this. I thought the Dolemite films were "gone". Now they got thousands. Ive been seeing this trend from them. Fool me once. No more, not buying VS releases on release day. And I'm not plunking down $900+ bucks on movies sight unseen. Ebay blows, and not worth the hassle. Now I gotta be a merchant??? Newsflash, I'm not in the business of selling, I'm in the business of buying. That's how it works, I give you money, you give me the product I see on your shelve and want. Not give me 40 mystery titles , then I have to pick and chose what I like then figure out how to unload the garbage. I mean Shriek of the Mulitated... can't wait to have that in 4K for $40.. excuse me $22 with the subscriber package.

P.S. - The one and only 4K film VS should have released and then stopped. Rad. Imho, that was the end all "not released" film that crossed over to people that normally had zero interest in a VS catalog.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Looking at about $22 a title this upcoming year.(with coupon) $24 a title if you're new to the subscriber plan. So you definitely benefited from the prior years like you said. Especially if you liked, wanted, and kept all the titles. It's a great deal.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Question:

Anybody here buy that Blu-Ray Rack from VS?

No judgement, just curious if anybody on this forum added that limited item to his/her collection. I personally did not buy one. Definitely looked nice.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It looked really nice, but there is no way I'd spend $150 on one.

baggio likes this.
  5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Sort of.

Their license to press the RRM films was up about a year or so ago. There were internet rumors they wouldn't retain them, so there was a bit of a run on the remaining stock. But it turns out they renewed the license or whatever the legal shit is, thus the "thousands" of copies you see.

Gotta remember to separate official announcements from what dipshits on internet forums say.

baggio and zbinks like this.
  6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I know when I first saw it, only looking at the pictures... ooh ....this thing is sweet..

Then my eyes shifted to the price.

[​IMG]

fattyjoe37, Katatonia, dave13 and 2 others like this.
  7. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

That one goes into my cart at 9:01PM PDT on the Halfway to Black Friday sale.

9. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I wonder if VS will be releasing William Malone's SCARED TO DEATH next year...

10. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Malone's current restoration of it was discussed previously in this thread here, but no confirmation if coming through VS or not yet, but there's a good probability seeing as they just released Creature.

Katatonia and zbinks like this.
  11. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Under October 2022, it says:
    - and I immediately thought: "Oh, could that be Scared to Death and Syngenor?" But... Syngenor is listed as 1990 on IMDb, so... who knows?

12. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Lettuce hope it's 1980's Scared to Death! creature1985.jpg

13. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Joe Rubin loves debunking falsehoods on IMDB, but I think 1990 is technically accurate unless you go by when production and filming started.

We'll know something's up if Synapse suddenly pops up with a barebones Blu-Ray out of nowhere. :p

Katatonia likes this.
  14. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Zing!

zbinks likes this.
  15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

My subscription package + all BF sale items shipped earlier today. Pretty fast... I remember it taking a bit longer last year.

New partner titles for December are also now up on the site: https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/frontpage-partner-labels

Savage Harvest is a pretty solid micro-budgeted Horror SOV, directed by Eric Stanze and filmed not too far away from where I live.

Norway looks pretty good, 2nd release from Terror Vision. has anyone seen that film before?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  16. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Perhaps VS has a ton of subscribers or maybe they ship alphabetically but I still haven't received shipping notification. I'm not in any real hurry but they obviously started shipping subscriber packages at least 3 days ago.

Update: Within ten minutes of posting this I received a ship confirmation.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Katatonia and chancetx like this.
  17. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Man, that's one of those great mysteries in life, isn't it? How did I lose a single sock in the washing machine, why does the other line always move faster, and what is Vinegar Syndrome's determination of what ships out first? You know damn well it's something that customers could manipulate to their advantage, otherwise VS would just tell us, ya know? Like if it was random, they'd just say so. But if it's something like say, alphabetical, then I'm changing my name in their system to Aaapaff.

On the subject of VS, I've watched a couple of movies recently to try to clear the unwatched pile before my next batch comes in. Seriously, what is the appeal of Last House on Dead End Street? I mean, it's so amateurish, that even if they find original negatives for as pristine transfer, it's still a shit movie with shit acting and $1.98 production values. I would not upgrade.

On the other hand, Good Luck Miss Wyckoff is a really different movie from them, one of their few with no horror or exploitation content (I almost said their ONLY one, but then I thought of titles like My Chauffeur, RAD, and Surf II). It was still a bit weird, and I want to revisit it because at first I was a little put aside by the fact that
    she begins an affair with her rapist... my impression was the filmmaker was saying "all she needed was to get fucked"
    but that's really not what happens. If anything, she's just as confused by the whole thing. It's less flashy and outrageous by Vinegar Syndrome standards, but it's no less unique and very worthy of discussing the themes.

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Mine shipped Wednesday and arrived Saturday.

I didn't order anything extra this time, it was just the five November releases, so maybe that's why they got it out so quickly?

19. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

So this is the first time I ever ordered directly with Vinegar Syndrome. I ordered the black Friday flash pre order bundle, on Black Friday I ordered some additional titles and when checking out I ticked the option 'already ordered and paid for postage add these to the order'. Well I've got my order today and they have only included the black Friday Flash bundle and not my additional titles, very annoying. I've contacted them just so lets see what they come back with, I live in the UK so this adds some additional problems to the issue.

Colin likes this.
  20. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Other people have reported split orders, and they do ship from more than one warehouse now, so it might be best to just wait a few days although I see you already e-mailed them.

russweiss likes this.