Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Auntie Lees Meat Pies is on Tubi (looks like VS transfer) if anyone wants to try before they buy.

hots4 and russweiss like this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

satans-sadists, russweiss and X-human like this.
  3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Only own one of the titles to be retro-slipped, and I didn't like it. I think I'll not throw good money after bad and not spend $8.99 on a piece of cardboard.

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Well whaddya know? Just got my first coupon to be used for a subscription, since I pre-ordered Flesh for Frankenstein. It's tempting, since I've mostly back-filled the catalog titles I want from VS, over the last few BF, Halfway to BF, and Valentine's Day smut sales.

But no, I'm not pulling the trigger yet. Still too many titles I'm uninterested in, and don't want to wait for them to sell out so they become valuable on the second hand market (and it seems like they're producing more and more copies of each title and they're not all fetching as much as they used to). I'll still get by with cherry picking. Plus, gotta watch the spending, especially after buying a Fender Telecaster last month!

wago70 likes this.
  6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I was excited when I got this email but unfortunately you can't stack discount codes so I won't be able to use the $30.00 coupon.

Thank you for placing a Pre-order!
    If you’re reading this, it’s because you made the wise decision to partake in our Flash Pre-order event or you placed a pre-order for either FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN and/or CENSOR.

Your $30 coupon good toward becoming a Subscriber in 2022 is listed below!

A couple things to remember:

- Your pre-order(s) will ship following our Black Friday Sale (Nov 26-29) in a single package with everything else you pick up during the sale.
    - You have ALREADY paid for shipping! Therefore, remember to use our handy and completely FREE 'Add to my existing sale order' shipping option at checkout. It's really that simple.

We already know you love the weirdest, wildest, and most unusual types of cinema. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be here. And there’s no better way to get your monthly fix than with a Vinegar Syndrome Subscription. And the only time to become a Subscriber is during our Black Friday sale. Which is why we are giving you an exclusive $25 coupon to become a Subscriber (see below!).

2022 is shaping up to be our biggest year yet, loaded with everything from newly restored Blus of 80s regional slashers such as MOONSTALKER, 70s horror classics like SHRIEK OF THE MUTILATED and HORROR HIGH (finally), notorious exploitation shockers, one of which we’ll be revealing during the Black Friday sale, at least two more giallo collections highlighting perverse gems such as ARABELLA BLACK ANGEL, and more 4K UHDs than ever before, including worldwide UHD debuts of some BIG movies.

Plus, subscribers enjoy loads of other exclusive benefits, and savings, including 50% off SRP on ALL of our sub-brands: VSA, VSU, VSP and Peekarama, along with 50% off SRP on ALL of our Partner Label releases (currently 14 labels and growing!).

Subscriber orders always ship first and always include the special edition (including all slipcovers and box sets) versions of every release!

If you’ve been considering giving it a try, the Black Friday sale is the only time to sign up! And, as a special thank you for placing a pre-order, we’re offering you a special $30 coupon towards a subscription signup. That means you're effectively getting a free movie while saving big on dozens of others!

2022 is gonna be a year to remember and we hope to see you there!

7. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Subscriber package is $925 this year, so $850 with the $75 off coupon.

russweiss and Katatonia like this.
  8. Katatonia

I already renewed my yearly subscription with the coupon. Sucks that it's gone up in price, but still a great deal for a year... especially if you factor in the 50% coupons for the partner releases.

Meanwhile on Severin...

[​IMG]

loutoad23 and russweiss like this.
  9. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Champagne & Bullets / GetEven is out of stock. Hopefully I got my order in on time for that one. Last I checked the stock there were hundreds left so that was fast.

Also, the WNUF Halloween Special - Soundtrack Cassette is back IN stock for $9.00. I'm guessing it was less than 100, there's only 80 at the moment. Did the vinyl record get restocked? I never saw it, but I wasn't quick about it and wasn't even looking until I noticed the cassette.

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Skipping the VSAs this time and just resubscribed.

Interesting that they have a competing release of Thriller coming, which Synapse recently announced.

11. Katatonia

It's more of a "Spoken Word" stage play than a Soundtrack, recorded far later than when the movie was made. It's more like a supplemental "Frank Stewart Investigates" recording.

I'm not sure if the Vinyl ever went back up. Terror Vision are sold out of it themselves.

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Wasn't part of the slipcover "leak", but there's a box for all 4 Rudy Ray Moore films. I picked it up along with Rush Week and Best Friends. Probably gonna limit it to that.

Also, Ebola Syndrome was indeed one of the "surprise" titles, along with Steel and Lace. I'll get Ebola when it gets cheaper.

13. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I half expected Ebola Syndrome to not be one of the titles since I was already excited for it so I was thrilled when I saw it actually was. Got that and Trauma to add to my Flesh for Frankenstein pre-order and really can't wait to get all of these, they're the only releases I ordered and it's going to be quite the package! It's silly but I'm very disappointed that there was no Viewmaster disc this time around. These aren't something I really want to spend a lot of money on but I was hoping they would keep doing one per sale for a while, hopefully they're not abandoned after only two.

14. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Seems like they didn't do as much merch this sale. Only the NY Ninja t-shirt and poster and a couple of pins. And the wooden display stand which is cool but not something I have room for.

f.ramses and Katatonia like this.
  15. Katatonia

Very surprising to see how this will turn out. It will be a 4K UHD + Blu-ray from VS, sourced from the original 16mm negatives.

Synapse states nothing about where their Blu-ray transfer will be sourced from, other than it's HD.

Steel76 likes this.
  16. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

Nothing for me this time.

Those 90s DTV action titles do nothing for me and with the 1-2 releases i might want (Trauma, some AGFA titles) still on full price, it's too expensive for me.

AGFA is basically old Vinegar Syndrome these days, the 2 3-film sets they have look mighty interesting, but i'm going to wait for them until later.

17. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I am so happy, that they are releasing a full uncut version of Ebola on UHD.

Ordered that one and Creature.

Katatonia likes this.
  18. Steel76

Great news. I'm done with Synapse, and their damn Steelbook releases.

SilentScreams, hots4 and Katatonia like this.
  19. Katatonia

I sold off my old "Autographed" Titan Find DVD (aka Creature) for $200 a couple of months back. Normally I don't sell things in advance, but that was a nice profit.

I kept a DVD-9 copy of it just in case the old bonus features weren't included... but I figured VS would surely be on the game with it.

It sounds like the old Interviews might possibly be incorporated into the new Making-of Documentary, but I'm not seeing the old Still Galleries listed in the specs. There was some pretty neat Robert Skotak production artwork & behind-the-scenes photos in those. No big deal if they're not included, but still glad I kept a DVD-R of it just in case.

russweiss, chancetx and Steel76 like this.
  20. Steel76

Very nice indeed :)

Yeah, I got a DVD-R of the old DVD as well, since I was waiting for a Blu-Ray instead.
    The new transfer looks like one hell of an upgrade.

Katatonia likes this.