Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

My VS order arrived today. Ticks has a slipcover and then a heavier outer case. The same is true of Deadlock and Summer of 84. These are very sturdy but now take up a little more space. Even so, I really like them.

Katatonia, fceurich39 and othervoice1 like this.
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The best thing about that with Ticks is that you still get the original VHS cover on the slipcover underneath.

I'd say the same about Summer Of 84. The slipcover underneath is better than the outer case.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Reading the cases just now, and did not realize The Grave (VSA) was written and directed by Jonas Pate, the creator of NetFlix's Outer Banks. That show is edge-of-the-seat and so much fun, so now I'm especially excited to check this one out.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

My order arrived earlier, but they sent a wrong item in it. It included 2 copies of Nothing Underneath, but no Boardinghouse... which I did buy separately and was indeed listed in the final shipment email. That's the very first time I've had a VS order arrive where something was incorrect.

5. russweiss

I've had some big orders arrive from VS and so far no problems. It's likely they'll simply let you keep the second copy of Nothing Underneath.

Katatonia likes this.
  6. Katatonia

It really wasn't even a huge order, just my monthly package + 2 partner releases. The 2nd copy of Nothing Underneath was in separate bubble wrap... so I guess that's how it occurred.

It also appears as though the top part of my Camille Keaton box suffered some shipping damage. The box everything fit in was very tight this time, and the shipping box itself was dented in.

I noticed a "crease" on the outside and inner part of it earlier... and closer inspection 2 of the top corners are also dented in pretty badly. The 3 inside movies were fine however. Hopefully I can get a replacement for just the box...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  7. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I'm worried my package got misdelivered or stolen. FedEx tracking says it was delivered Saturday but I never received anything. Says it was left in the mail room but we don't have a mail room in my building. Does FedEx ever do like the USPS and claim it was delivered and then it shows up a few days later?

8. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

For me nowhere near as frequently, and certainly not the pathological habit Amazon has, but yeah. In particular I once had a couple hundred dollar package get listed as delivered once to my door, and signed for, for which was neither. FedEx first claimed it must have been delivered, then said they'd look into it, then nothing. I made a replacement order a couple days later, which arrived a couple days after that, then a couple days later (a week after the original date) the original order shows up. FedEx acted like nothing unusual had happened.

chancetx likes this.
  9. russweiss

My biggest annoyance with "you need to sign for the package" is that they don't enforce it. UPS has delivered several packages to me which claimed I had to sign for them as they were valued over a certain dollar amount. Turns out the delivery driver can sign for you. Personally I don't see how that makes any sense but since my packages all get delivered I won't worry about it.

maybrick likes this.
  10. chancetx

Thanks, KGB. I did the online chat with FedEx who says they partner with USPS for final delivery so I'm hoping the mail room they mentioned is the actual post office and my package will still show up. I don't usually pay attention to the tracking so maybe this is how it always works.

11. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

My wife broke her phone screen so I ordered her a new one. Unfortunately I forgot that something like this needed to be signed for (this was UPS) otherwise I would have just had it delivered to the local Verizon store. The most annoying thing is that you never know when they’re going to show up so you wind up wasting an entire day waiting around. I work at 3pm so of course they show up shortly afterwards. According to my daughter, the delivery person walked up to our front door but didn’t even bother to knock! They just turned around and walked away, and when she went outside she tried to wave them down but they still drove off! Wtf? Are they just making assumptions that there’s nobody home when there isn’t a car parked in the driveway?

12. russweiss

I get a lot of packages delivered. Amazon, UPS, Fedex, etc. About 75% of the time they don't bother knocking on the door. I'm retired and often either my wife or I are home when they drop packages off. They used to just leave them sitting on our porch which I feel is just asking for them to be stolen. We put a plastic storage box with a sign on top for the various delivery companies on the porch and now most of the time they leave the packages there. Some of the drivers still don't bother. Most recently I had my Vinegar Syndrome delivered and they simply left it on the porch without ringing the doorbell. Both my wife and I were home at the time. It was a fairly large box too as there were 12 movies in it. Even USPS uses the storage box which is nice for things that are too large to fit in the mailbox.

13. Katatonia

I still haven't heard back from VS about the problem with my order, and I sent two messages on Sunday about the duplicate item received and the damage to the other.

Anytime I've contacted them in the past they responded almost immediately...

14. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Blind bought 2 vinegar titles Blades and Resurrection. Watching Blades now very fun parody.

15. chancetx

Package arrived today. I should have known that the tracking was off; I never get my orders as quickly as the tracking indicated even with the new Colorado shipping center.

Not sure what to think about the Ticks and Summer of '84 packaging. A slipcover inside a slipcase? Kind of feels like they're trolling the slipcover fanatics (which I confess I am one.) Is that their next money-making plan, to do slipcases for all their catalog releases?

Katatonia likes this.
  16. Katatonia

They did it for the Scanner Cop release well, and maybe something else before. I kinda like the Slipcover in a Slipcase... but it does take up more shelf space.

I saw this on the Facebook VS Collectors club earlier:

[​IMG]

zbinks, russweiss and Zombie Dude like this.
  17. russweiss

It appears that this is the format they are using for their UHD releases. Deadlock and Prospect also had this type of packaging. It's extremely sturdy and I like it. For me the only drawback is the extra shelf space that it uses.

f.ramses likes this.
  18. Katatonia

I ended up and called them earlier this morning since I still hadn't heard back. I guess it was a good thing I did, because they just didn't get my emails for whatever reason...

They already shipped a replacement for the missing Boarding House and a replacement box for the damaged Camille Keaton set. I got a tracking number in an email literally 10 minutes after getting off the phone. :)

They said there would be a return label to send back the duplicate Nothing Underneath to them. That's perfectly fine with me, I don't want to profit off something I didn't order even if it was a mistake.

19. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I’m trying to picture this slip cover inside a slipcase thing. Are we talking about like what they did with Beastmaster?

20. Katatonia

No, not with the fliptop box.

This is more like a "Slipcase" with a side opening, and then the "Slipcover" goes into it there. It's purely sexual.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/frontpage-partner-labels/products/summer-of-84-gunpowder-sky

The first 2 images on that product link are the "Slipcase" and then the 2 below that are of the "Slipcover"

Mutilated Prey and maybrick like this.