Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

Ironically, the last half hour shifts gear and you get violence and bloodshed so I recommend to finish it.

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Yeah, The Killer is One of Thirteen is by far my favourite of the first two Forgotten Gialli volumes VS put out. Sure, it is lighter on the sleaze/violence compared to the rest but it's definitely the best constructed and executed film of the six.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm loving the shipping speed since they've changed to FedEx.

I don't usually get deliveries on Sundays, but here it is:

IMG_20210228_125925.jpg

baggio, russweiss and othervoice1 like this.
  4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I haven't received shipping notice yet. :(

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Can anyone give a general idea when, or if, VS does the change over with S&H so that you can order something to go out with Memorial Day/Black Friday sales items? They did it a few years ago when I was eyeing Blood Hook but I wasn't aware of it before the fact so missed out. So I'm checking in now.

As a SWV fanatic I'm eyeing She Mob which is running low but MAY make it to Memorial Day. So I just want to know how long I may need to hold out.

6. MorallySound

I think you may be misremembering as I don't remember anything of that exact ilk regarding the S&H, but I think what you're actually referring to is that when they do the Halfway to Black Friday and Black Friday sales that they have the option for non-yearly subscribers that if you GO BACK after placing an order and make more orders during the sale period that you can add them to your EXISTING Halfway/Black Friday order.

She Mob still has over 600 units currently (of 1500 produced), so it should last until the Halfway sale - but I'd just suggest checking the inventory on the VS site every week or two to see where it's at as you get closer to the sale. If it's still a month out and there's 100 copies or less left, then I'd say grab it BEFORE the sale.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I think what X-Human is talking about is pre-orders. As in, if you pre-order a Halfway title, and buy a current title, you can have them shipped at the same time rather than paying shipping twice.

I did that last year. At the Valentine's Day smut sale, I bought a bunch of movies, but also pre-ordered Malabimba. I had them shipped together, meaning I had to wait like a month, when Malabimba was released, but I only paid the one shipping fee.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

9. MorallySound

10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Rush Week any good?

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Thanks Paff, I wasn't talking specifically about pre-orders but I checked and in fact zbinks had a 2018 post on that: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14957535&postcount=9901

The text seems to refer only to the May pre-order package of 2018 but the option is somewhat generic. I may have misunderstood at the time that it was only pre-orders. So that may be it. I'll keep my eye on it and when the May 2021 pre-order goes live that'll probably be the moment if and when VS puts up the option and I'll know for certain what they'll do this year.

Blood Hook was already released and down to 131 by that point as you can see later in the thread. It sold out on 4/20. Ryan@VS spoke a bit more generally about the option: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14980289&postcount=10040

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

My all-time favorite band (just ask Darga) The Dickies make an appearance late in the film. Honestly, I've never watched the film all the way through, I just jump to the chapter where The Dickies play. But I have the feeling the VS Blu will cost a little more than the $4.95 I spent on the DVD back in the day, so when I buy it this time I'm gonna watch it.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  13. Katatonia

I like it, it's about on par with other late 80's slashers. It's certainly no classic of the genre, but still fun. I've had the old "Simitar" DVD since 1999, so I can finally upgrade that after all these years.

Gregg Allman as "Cosmo" almost makes the film by itself... and Pamela Ludwig from Over the Edge plays the lead.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ I'm sure the price just dropped considerably with the blu-ray officially announced, but I sold my cheap Simitar DVD of Rush Week for $22 on eBay back in December.

As a subscriber, that's more than I'm paying for it. If I wasn't a subscriber, that still covers a significant chunk of the cost.

15. Katatonia

I guess the good thing is that it will hold much of its value, since VS no longer really even do DVD's in Combo Packs. I still sell a lot of old DVD's for good money when there are perfectly superior (and affordable) Blu-ray editions out there. For whatever reason, there are still people who buy DVD's over Blu-rays.

Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  16. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

Im one of those folks who prefers dvd. I like the prices better, i prefer the picture image on dvd, the menu screens are more inspired, I feel like I am getting a truer theatrical experience, and I distrust blu ray as it seems to be a flimsier and less quality monitored medium maybe due to giving the disc itself too much information? I am suspicious that with the amount of botched presses being made lately that these things are gonna degrade faster than dvd due to tech issues. I grew up on theatrical film prints and blu ray doesnt look like that to my eye. Its too precise a lot of the time. That said, I also come from the era when vhs was upgraded to dvd. That was a big difference. Blu ray from dvd? Not so much. However, i do get blus when they are all that is available but I will always prefer dvd for myself. Same reason I prefer my old horror shot on 16 blown up to 35 (hope I got the numbers right) or old color stock turning brown/pink. It sets a creepier baseline for me, like the look itself is one of the characters.

17. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

I ordered Rush Week too. It's ranks alongside Killer Party and Pledge Night as a cheesy, 80s, college horror movie I routinely watch.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I watched the Jekyll and Hyde Portfolio blu-ray. The quality was lesser than the typical VS release. There was print damage and a ton of grain in some scenes. Perhaps it was a 16mm scan. Anyway, this one was interesting in that it was a very early slasher film. Released in 1971 there are 7 murders using a variety of weapons including a pitchfork, sword, and scythe. This is a softcore film and while there are several sex scenes they are relatively short and take second place to the psychotic killer plot. Quite a bit of blood but not much gore (other than two frog dissections). This is extremely amateurish but still may be worth viewing due to being a proto slasher. The blu-ray was released 7 years ago and goes for quite a bit of money but the DVD is still available from VS for less than $13.00.

19. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Has anyone here seen 'Death Promise'? The artwork looks crazy and could be fun, but would like some opinions from you guys before I drop import coin on this.

20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Just found the trailer on youtube.....WOW, That looks mental, I'm not sure it looks 'good' though!