Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Welcome to the yearly subscriber club! You will not regret it!

Suicide likes this.
  2. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Yeah, I'm glad I decided to go for it. A couple of the titles they've already announced I'm not crazy about, but I'm excited about the box sets and any potential Mexican horror stuff they put out. I didn't want to drop that much money at once, but I have a weird job where I can work as many hours as I want (some of our guys work 7 12-hour shifts a week) so I can just have a bust-ass week to make up for it if I need to.

3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

What work do you do that allows that kind of overtime if you don't mind me asking?

4. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Yes! And does your company have any openings? LOL

I recently took a part time gig at UPS handling packages. 3am till whenever they need me, usually 10am-ish....6 days a week. I like the sounds of your gig better

5. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I'm a third party assembler at Lowe's, so I'm considered an independent contractor, so unfortunately, there's no overtime. We're paid by the number of items we build, but if you're fast you can easily make enough for it to feel like you're making overtime. You can clean up if your store needs a few pallets of wheelbarrows built. A lot of people dread building their own grills, or patio furniture, but it's really just learning what goes where, and then a tremendous amount of repetition because you end up building a lot of the same things over and over. I've probably built a thousand Weber Genesis grills in the past several years.

I actually worked at Lowe's as a full-time assembler until about 15 months ago. The CEO decided that it would be better to get rid of all of the assemblers and go third party. A lot of the guys just took other jobs in their stores, but I really like assembling things so I joined the company that replaced us. There are some slow times, but overall I'm making more money (even with being responsible for my own taxes) and I'm way less stressed out, so I can't complain. I don't know if the CEO realized how many assembled products the stores sell. If I need work I call my boss and he always has a store that needs help.

Natas, if you're interested I can send you the link about the job, I think we do all Lowe's and a lot of Home Depots also, so there's probably work in your area.

Hope I didn't derail the thread too much here.

6. russweiss

I used to work at Home Depot and remember that the assembler worked overnight because the store was very busy. Other than the repetition as you mention it would have been nice as there aren't any customers or bosses to deal with.

7. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Yeah, I usually work in the back of the store, or outside if it's not too cold. It's a good job for me because I'm terrible with customers. Also, it's a really independent job, I talk to store management to see what they want to be built but most of my communication with my boss is done through texting, I've seen my various bosses in person maybe 4 times in the past year.

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Back to Vinegar Syndrome, they added a $5 coupon if you placed a Black Friday order. Check your spam folder if you didn't get it.

The Movie Channel is apparently airing Rad this weekend, if you didn't get the VS release. I never saw it back in the day; it came out when I was in college. Had it been released when I was in junior high, it probably would have been my all-time #1 favorite movie. Watching it now.....well, I certainly saved money by avoiding it.

9. russweiss

I still haven't seen the film but you are wrong believing that you saved money. Had you bought the VS release you could have sold it for about $100 more than you paid. Pretty amazing considering there were 12 thousand copies pressed.

10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Got the coupon so I'm sure I'll have to grab something else in the coming months :p

I had to settle for a download of the film as I missed out on their release, but I was actually bummed out when I saw it that I didn't get a hold of a copy. I'm not really into BXM and didn't ride much during my childhood but damn this movie was full of 80's charm. Plus Lori Loughlin is a dream.

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Nice. I used my coupon last year on the flash Tammy and the T-Rex t-shirt so it came in handy. Hopefully I'll get a similar opportunity this season as the coupon has a short life span.

12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Got the coupon and I even placed a money order option lol. Gonna save this email gonna order 4 more titles before years end. 3 I ordered from black Friday sale are
    Silent Madness
    Ice cream man
    The Undertaker.

13. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Since Immortan Joe/The Toecutter (Hugh Keays-Byrne) passed away this week (RIP!), I decided to rewatch VS's Snapshot in his honor last night. Man, what a great movie, so different than most VS titles. Not an exploitation movie at all, hell after the initial photo shoot 15 minutes in, there's no more boobage the rest of the movie. But what a great study of a person suddenly thrust into a situation she's not at all capable of handling. Like I said, a lot lower key than almost anything else from the label, but a damn fine movie nonetheless. If you don't have it yet, definitely add it at the next sale.

14. russweiss

I just received notification that my Black Friday purchases shipped today. I'm surprised it was so quick.

gobad2003 likes this.
  15. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

[Blu-Ray.com forum member]What? You got your order shipped?? This is an outrage! I'm E-mailing them now!![/Blu-Ray.com forum member]

zbinks, Katatonia, gobad2003 and 3 others like this.
  16. russweiss

:D

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

LOL, my order shipped earlier around noon! Even though I was a halfway (and now a yearly) subscriber, that was pretty fast! :)

I think they've got 3 fulfillment centers now or something? One is Colorado.

18. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yeah, heard about the Colorado distribution center. That's good for me.
    But even after I get my shipping notification (which I don't expect till the week after next, at the earliest), I never track the package. It only increases the disappointment each day you see there's no progress. I don't have to worry about porch pirates, so I just wait for the surprise in my mailbox.

Myron Breck, Zombie Dude and chancetx like this.
  19. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Just got my shipping notice a few minutes ago. I’m honestly surprised it was so quick. Like Paff, I don’t continuously check for updates. It will get here when it gets here.

20. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

Is Silent Madness worth a blind buy? I have a 3D setup so that is a plus, but is this a good enough movie to warrant a blind buy?