Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

2. foller

foller Active Member

That new artwork is horrible! :eek1: It looks like a cheap Photoshop job for a dollar bin disc. There is nothing artistic about. Why such a letdown after all the other cool new artworks? :confused: I hope it will at least be reversible with the original artwork.

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

The image on the previous page is not the final Blu as you can see the image is clearly just placed over a case ala Photoshop. But since I've seen the artist's work in person his stuff is beautifully detailed hand-drawn and then coloured digitally. But again that image on the previous page is also a poorly compressed rendering of what the actual artwork would represent. Guaranteed it would look much better in hand.

4. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

The Town that Dreaded Sundown!!! Finally!!! I love this company. It's like the early days of Anchor Bay!

5. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

They're also putting out the The Evictors, also from director Charles B. Pierce. I'm happy with these announcements, but would love a Blu-ray of Pierce's The Legend of Boggy Creek even more.

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

where's mutilated prey? shouldn't he be chiming in on this release?

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm excited because I have the TCM HD version of Town saved to my DVR, and now I can finally delete it and save up some space.

Really excited for The Evictors as well. I'd actually say it is a better movie than Town.

8. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Of all the fall announcements so far, this one has me the most excited - Charles B. Pierce is an interesting director. His two most well-known, The Town That Dreaded Sundown and The Legend of Boggy Creek, are undeniably minor movies, but there is a certain atmosphere to them, even with the unintentional comedy in Boggy ("Hey Travis Crabtree!") and intentional but misjudged comedy in Town (anything with Sparkplug).

9. startide

startide Member

The Evictors? Holy shit!!! ... Town is boring as bat shit (I didn't ever finish it), but The Evictors is beautiful, and to see it in Scope will be a revelation! :D

10. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Finally I can watch Town, I've been wanting to see it for years.

11. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I can finally retire my vhs tape.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

13. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Man these are expensive. That's my only complaint here.

14. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Shout continues their Scream Factory line with the U.S. digital debut of Wes Craven's DEADLY BLESSING (1981)! All is not well on Jim's farm. When he and wife Martha find they're expecting, a series a bizarre "accidents" begins to plague his land and the neighboring community of Hittites (a religious group who "make the Amish look like swingers.") Is it a case of murderous disapproval for the outsiders' sinful ways? Or could the rants from seriously-bearded local leader Ernest Borgnine about the Incubus possibly be true?

An underseen bridge in Craven's work between THE HILLS HAVE EYES (1977) and A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984), DEADLY BLESSING has aged surprisingly well and plays with cliches and expectations in ways you wouldn't expect, spicing things up with some unforgettable imagery and shocking moments -- the shot of a live spider (really) dropping into Sharon Stone's open mouth is one of the more jarring things I've ever seen and still freaks me out. Due for revaluation from the horror masses, Shout promises a loaded special edition.

Pre-order:
    DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B009INAF9Q&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20
    Blu: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B009INADRA&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

Trailer:
    http://youtu.be/7868tZA3IMQ

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  15. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

It's cockroach carnage, Corman-style in Terence Winkless' THE NEST (1988)! New England sheriff Richard Tarbell has a bug problem in his town. It seems a toxic waste leak has led to a genetically-altered roach infestation -- and it doesn't take long for the population to start dwindling when these mutant monstrosities develop a taste for blood. A longtime personal favorite (its gruesome photo spreads in Gorezone Magazine helped ensure I gave it a rent as soon as it hit tape), I'm glad to see Shout take a chance and give this one a blu release through their Scream Factory line. It's honestly one of my favorite '80s creature features -- it's a fast, funny, gory as hell monster mash that deserves a lot more attention!

DVD/Blu combo preorder:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B009INAJ6A&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

The trailer:
    http://youtu.be/8_ToPbjwlVQ

[​IMG]

16. Katatonia

I don't think they're too bad with the 30% off pre-order discount.

17. Katatonia

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the review. I'm really excited for The Funhouse blu-ray. I've got that and Terror Train on pre-order from DVDEmpire, back when they were $16 each.

19. thrashard76

thrashard76 Thrash or be Thrashed

Has anyone seen any blu-ray copies of Halloween III in the stores? All I've seen is the DVD releases at Target for Halloween II and III but no luck on the blu-rays? I'm thinking I may have to make a special order for it.

20. Katatonia

Nah, haven't seen them in stores anywhere. I've seen the DVD releases at a couple of stores including Target, but no Blu-rays.