Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

True, but even if he was planning on going out with a bang, it would still leave his followers/subjects in a fix. He did, after all, have the entire town under his thumb.

The whole point of Dr. Loomis is that he's obsessed with his patient. He was completely unable to understand him in terms of psychology, arriving at the conclusion that Michael is simply evil. We agree that Halloween 5 is problematic (though I still like it), but it makes sense to me that Loomis is a bit unhinged at this point.

2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Halloween 5 was a rush job, just to quickly get another sequel made.

Some info here, among the hatred for Tina, which I share.
    https://screenrant.com/halloween-5-tina-character-fan-hatred-explained/

So I guess the reason for the change of Myers house, was because they didn't have time, or couldn't get, the permission to use the regular house?
    They sure knew how to ignore the "cliffhangers", in both Halloween and F13, when they didn't follow through with Tommy becoming the new killer either.

About Halloween 3, they exchanged the real Ellie for a bot, during the time when Daniel is captured.
    So what he rescued was the bot, instead of the real Ellie, who they probably killed.
    Or maybe they used here real body, to make the bot, instead of a complete copy.

Zombie Dude and Natas like this.
  3. Kim Bruun

I don't buy it. Ellie helps Daniel sabotage Cochran's installation and is instrumental to his escape. Why let him escape, only to attack him on the road? To give the audience one final scare, that's why.

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

When Daniel “rescues” her she was just powered up, and while she was still walking around she was still booting up with her new programming and didn’t fully come online until it was too late for Cochran.

As far as the entire town goes we have no evidence that anyone there was human. But the few that were there it’s obvious he cared little to nothing for if he kills them just for saying “fuck you” to a camera.

Zombie Dude and Steel76 like this.
  5. Kim Bruun

You're fabricating your own narrative to fill in the holes, but whatever works for you.

Building and maintaining a town full of androids seems like an awful lot of work for just one man. Since Cochran is conducting a Pagan sacrifice, his motivations must be religious in nature. I wonder if he had any followers? Anyway, the execution of his grand sacrifice would definitely make it difficult for future followers to use his installation as a base of operations from which to keep the traditions of the religion alive. But hey, the movie doesn't need to answer all our questions. :p That said, I still like Season of the Witch despite its narrative improbabilities. You can point out the flaws of The Revenge of Michael Myers as well, and I won't try to deny that they're there, but I still enjoy the movie as a thrill ride.

6. maybrick

Who ever said he had followers? That is also fabricating a narrative that doesn’t exist. All we know definitely is that it’s ONE guy with an army of robots. He doesn’t even have a second in command that we’re aware of.

He’s an old man that has had a lifetime to build and perfect androids. Maybe he has an automated assembly line in a sub basement for them. I don’t know, but it really isn’t that difficult to come up with somewhat plausible explanations for these plot holes.

7. Kim Bruun

I never said he had followers. I was asking a hypothetical question. The alternative would be that he's a cult of one.

8. maybrick

If there is a cult then they would all be in on the plan, and would be okay with the eventual fallout, because that is how evil cults work.

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

[​IMG]

russweiss, Katatonia and baggio like this.
  10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Both of those films. On Shout store say nothing about being 1,500 limited. Is that a mistake? Speaking about the actual ordering site. These 1,500 releases are usually well noted at the very top.

11. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ That 1,500 bit is copy and pasted from the Shout Factory Facebook page, so I would be inclined to believe it. Same was true for their other Corman surprise titles.

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok. Just saying all other titles were clearly noted and promoted on the store the second they went live.

Obviously old and gone...but like this:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/deathstalker-deathstalker-ii-double-feature?product_id=4746

or recently this:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/big-bad-mama-big-bad-mama-ii-double-feature?product_id=7590

Maybe there's just a currently problem and they will adjust it.

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I ordered both. Their website was screwing up earlier and not even loading....not sure what the problem was.

I've never seen this version of Bluebeard that I can recall, but Sybil Danning is in it? Hell yeah!

The extended cut (6+ minutes?!?) of Dead Space is certainly intriguing. It's not an awesome film by any means, but...

baggio likes this.
  14. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I love Halloween 3. What I have to add is that, I think the robots never talked in the movie. They only acted human. And had human mannerisms like the sneeze in the elevator. Many people around Cochran were actual humans. They were just in the cult. Or normal people like the townspeople and human workers at the company. They are like workers at any big company that rely on that one company for their lively hood. I believe the saying is loyal to a fault. You still see it in small towns with one big employer or big companies today that have too much influence.

With Ellie, I don't think she talked after she was rescued. She did give a few odd looks. Cochran did like playing jokes on people. Although he didn't think Challis would escape. Who knows what his plan for Ellie was. Her Father was dead. He did clean up Challis' lady friend problem. Maybe he had to close Ellie's store.

I mentioned that I would love a sequel or just small segment of a Halloween movie that mentioned the disaster of the events with the masks. Chances are Cochran probably won. Although this was back in the day with three major TV channels. You know it had to effect some kids. It's one of those end of the world stories that Carpenter tells.

15. maybrick

I think some of them talked. The guy that told Cochran about the misfire sounded awfully robotic when he said it.

16. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Ugh, Dead Space, yet another one of those terrible remakes, Corman made in the 90:s, that always was made worse than the originals.

Forbidden World is far superior.

Unless the extra minutes features more gore and/or nudity, I won't bother to rewatch it.

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Anyone got Alone in the Dark yet? I am getting mine on release date from my record store.

18. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Not yet. I ordered mine through Amazon.

19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I ordered it direct from Shout Factory and haven't received a shipping notice yet.

20. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I'll do a rewatch to see in October. That misfire guy was with the doctors or the people that showed up at night. I can't remember if he was in a suit or doctor's uniform. When the more advanced robots died, they all had that slime come out of their mouth. In the end, they made a difference in showing the normal people vs the robots.