Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah you're totally right. I just looked at my copy and it says they're there as a special feature, along with The Unseen Event Horizon – The Un-Filmed Rescue Scene And Conceptual Art With Director's Commentary. I'd forgotten that release wasn't bare-bones :oops:

2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Probably too much hype over the scenes anyway. Look at the upcoming Justice League version. There is only so much you can do with a movie that was already close to being finished. Another example is Aliens. That was a great movie anyway. The director's cut additional footage just makes it even better.

Whatever extra scenes probably wouldn't change my option of Event Horizon that much I guess.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I think this may be a Paul Anderson thing, I've read interviews with him where he big'd up the missing footage from the original 'Resident Evil' and that also has never surfaced.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

**SURPRISE NEW TITLES – IN STOCK NOW!**

We’re going back again into our deep Roger Corman-produced vaults for more of his wild (and obscure) films on Blu-ray! Today we present three cult favorites that will only be available on our site at Shoutfactory.com and only 1,000 each will be manufactured. They’re in stock and ready to ship now! Limit 5 per person and they are expected to sell out.

Order TWICE DEAD (1988) @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/twice-dead...

[​IMG]

Order THE TERROR WITHIN (1989) and THE TERROR WITHIN II (1991) double feature @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/.../the-terror-within-the...

[​IMG]

Kim Bruun, baggio, gobad2003 and 3 others like this.
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Love Twice Dead. Couldn't resist.

Hope they've improved their shipping. Last time I ordered these $27 website exclusives, I received broken cases in an unpadded envelope.

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Nice, I was mulling over getting King Kong with the poster but had nothing else I wanted to get free S&H. The V-Day sale stuff was either stuff I had or didn't really want. This'll do nicely and is what happened when I wanted the Brides of Dracula poster and Attack of the Crab Monsters.

But ugh... Have I ranted today yet that I hate surprise limited announcements? I feel like I have... Or is that just resignation on my part?

7. Zombie Dude

You realize the new JL is 4 hours long. That's two hours more than the theatrical abomination. Many things were dropped and changed into funnies for the theatrical cut. I personally can't wait for Zack's cut. At least it should be more in tone with BvS.

buck135 likes this.
  8. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Cool ordered both! FYI even though the Love Is In The Scare sale is over they haven't reverted the prices so I grabbed a couple things I had debated on over the weekend.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Awesome, ordered both!

Twice Dead is great, really glad to see that one hitting Blu-ray. The commentary track on the old DVD was superb also.

gobad2003 likes this.
  10. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Hmm, I either didn't know or forgot about that run time. I remember them talking about breaking it up into episodes. But I saw the new trailer and it seemed to be many of the same scenes. I assume most of the new scenes are character development stuff. Supposedly Cyborg had a lot of his material cut. I assume Flash and Aquaman as well since they were the new characters. I just see many of the same clips from the normal movie in that trailer. That's why I concluded that there is only so much they can do with the material that they have.

The original movie was disappointing anyway in that they couldn't even be consistent with Superman's revival. As in the previous movie he seemed to be alive or coming back to life in the final shot. And in Justice League, they had to do something with Flash which I can't remember.

11. Zombie Dude

There was talk at one stage to release it episodically but now it's coming out as one long movie. You can tell from the new trailer that the tone is different and that a pretty big change right off the bat.
    Here's a video that shows a lot of Whedon's revisions. It mostly feels like a mockery and that's how I felt seeing this in the cinema.

12. CPT HOOK

13. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I knew I wanted The Terror Within/The Terror Within II, so I bit the bullet straight away. The creature design is pretty neat, and I'm a total Andrew Stevens fan - seriously, I don't care if he's the good guy (Massacre at Central High, 10 to Midnight) or the bad guy (The Seduction, Scared Stiff), I always enjoy him.

I took a gander at Twice Dead and thought I didn't need it, so I completed my checkout. Then I noticed Shawn Player, the hot jerk from The Weirdo, was in it. And I thought: "Aw, crap - now I have to pay for shipping again!"

Shawn Player.png

He may be a total douchebag in it, but he's like the perfect late 80's meathead fantasy. I couldn't resist. :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    loutoad23, gobad2003 and Zombie Dude like this.
  14. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

15. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Meh, just watched Twice Dead and it is pretty bad. I wouldn’t jump all over it just because it is selling fast. Not recommended as a blind buy.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Really? I love Twice Dead.

The Blu-ray is a bit disappointing though. The "Best Available Film Elements" were just a film print, with one short segment (15 seconds it seems, and easy to overlook) being sourced from a video master. It looks good, but isn't a big upgrade over the old DVD. They did at least max out the bit-rate on a BD-50 disc.

x666x and gobad2003 like this.
  17. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

I love shawn player! He does not disappoint in this

18. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

I agree with Kat, Is it a masterpiece no but it's the best the film will probably ever look and I would jump on it before the prices skyrocket on Fleabay. You could always sell it for a profit later if you don't like it ;)

x666x and Katatonia like this.
  19. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I hear you both. I do agree that the print is not even that good but is at least probably the best available.

I just couldn’t get into it. My wife the same. She grew up on this stuff as well so her opinion is not biased against horror.

I am tired of trying to resell. Even before COVID, sending things from Canada to the US became issue laden. Things just not showing up in time. By the time they do, I already had to issue a refund. So I can no longer blind buy a 26$ bluray with the idea that I can just resell it. I get that problem is specific to me though.

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  20. CPT HOOK

I haven't watched my disc yet, but I love Twice Dead. I don't disagree that price is steep though. They should have paired it with the similar Grotesque to give us more bang for the buck.