Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Bluenoser

Bluenoser New Member

I got an email today from amazon.ca telling me my copy of the 'recalled' 4 All Night Horror Marathon (Godsend/Vagrant/Outing/Schizoid) shipped today... so I guess I'll be getting it.

2. thing

thing Well-Known Member

any word if Saturn 3 will be the uncut version?

3. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

4. Nailwraps

Shout! to releaser Werner Herzog films! From DVD Newsflash on Facebook!:

"PRESS RELEASE:

SHOUT! FACTORY AND WERNER HERZOG FILM GMBH

ANNOUNCE MULTI-FILM PACT FOR CROSS-PLATFORM DISTRIBUTION

Internationally Acclaimed Werner Herzog Film Classics Include

FITZCARRALDO, AGUIRRE: THE WRATH OF GOD, NOSFERATU THE VAMPYRE,

THE ENIGMA OF KASPAR HAUSER, WOYZECK, HEART OF GLASS, COBRA VERDE, STROSZEK,

FATA MORGANA, LITTLE DIETER NEEDS TO FLY, LESSONS OF DARKNESS,

BALLAD OF THE LITTLE SOLDIER, LAND OF SILENCE AND DARKNESS and more

Los Angeles, Calif. and Vienna, Austria – August 20, 2013 – Shout! Factory and Werner Herzog Film GMBH announced an exclusive, multi-picture alliance to bring a coveted library of classic films by legendary writer/director/producer Werner Herzog, currently being re-mastered in high-definition for new edition releases in North America. The announcement was made today by Shout! Factory’s founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos, and filmmaker Werner Herzog.

This multi-year alliance provides Shout! Factory extensive rights to 16 highly sought-after Werner Herzog films and documentaries, including digital distribution, home video and broadcast for cross-platform releases. Award-winning and critically acclaimed features include FITZCARRALDO, AGUIRRE: THE WRATH OF GOD, NOSFERATU THE VAMPYRE, THE ENIGMA OF KASPAR HAUSER,WOYZECK, HEART OF GLASS, COBRA VERDE, STROSZEK, FATA MORGANA, LITTLE DIETER NEEDS TO FLY, LESSONS OF DARKNESS, BALLAD OF THE LITTLE SOLDIER, LAND OF SILENCE AND DARKNESS, as well as several other acclaimed titles.

“Werner Herzog is a filmmaking icon and a celebrated master storyteller. He holds an incredibly rich legacy in cinematic history worldwide. Many of his memorable classics have been long-out-of print in the North American home entertainment marketplace. We are honored with this opportunity to bring these iconic films to movie collectors and legions of fans on digital entertainment platforms and at retail,” stated Shout! Factory’s founders in a joint statement.

"I am very proud to start this new collaboration with Shout! Factory and, given the outstanding reputation of Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos, I am confident that our joint efforts to bring my films to the North American public again in brand new HD quality will be hugely satisfying and rewarding." Werner Herzog

Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of these cinema classics through physical home entertainment releases and a variety of digital entertainment distribution platforms. As excitement builds for these new home entertainment releases, Shout! Factory and Werner Herzog Film will announce additional news later this year."

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

thank fucking christ! I've been waiting for a Nosferatu BD release. And from Shout (Scream?) Factory, no less? Oh, happy day!

6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

That's a major score for Shout! Factory.

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Same here! Wasn't expecting that at all. Cool. I'd rather have a butchered version of Lizard in a Woman's Skin than another copy of What's the Matter with Helen?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  8. Nailwraps

From Scream's Facebook!!!:

"SURPRISE UPCOMING TITLE RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Werner Herzog's 1979 classic film NOSFERATU: THE VAMPIRE starring Klaus Kinski will be coming to Blu for the first time from us sometime in 2014.

No other details to report at this time so stay tuned"

9. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I've never seen any of those other Herzog films, though. I think the only other film he's made that I've seen was Bad Lieutenant (which was great). Are any of those mentioned above particularly noteworthy or in any way related to the horror genre?

10. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Wasn't Bad L done by Abel Ferrara?

11. zbinks

He's probably referring to the Nicholas cage movie, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans.

12. zbinks

None of those other titles are horror-related, but just about anything he filmed with or about Klaus Kinski is noteworthy. Aguirre: The Wrath of God , Woyzeck, Nosferatu the Vampyre, Fitzcarraldo, Cobra Verde and My Best Fiend - Klaus Kinski.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, i'm just lazy.

14. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Whoa. I didn't realize Herzog did anything that close to mainstream anymore. Mind = Blown.

15. Nailwraps

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

^ Hopefully they're taking a second crack at the transfers, though I highly doubt it.

I'm surprised by the Herzog announcement, I was sure Criterion would have gone for the throat on those properties. It may have been an all or nothing proposition and Criterion may not have wanted every last one of them though.

I am worried however 'cause Shout Factory doesn't do their own lab work, so whatever materials they get is what's getting put out there. And the European Blu-ray transfers out there so far for Herzog are pretty bad. My only hope is that those European distributors were ruining already good transfers.

17. Nailwraps

Day Of The Dead CE review with pics!:
    http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?3167-Day-Of-The-Dead-(Collector’s-Edition

and extras for Body Bags! (via Scream on Facebook):

"**BREAKING: Final Extras revealed for our uncut presentation of JOHN CARPENTER'S BODY BAGS--out on DVD & Blu-ray Nov 12th!**

- Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and actor Robert Carradine on “THE GAS STATION”
    - Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and actor Stacy Keach on “HAIR”
    - Audio Commentary with producer Sandy King on “EYE” moderated by Justin Beahm
    - New Interviews with John Carpenter, Producer Sandy King and actors Stacy Keach and Robert Carradine
    - Trailer

Pre-order now from ScreamFactoryDVD.com and receive a limited edition 18" x 24" poster of our newly-designed key art."

18. Nailwraps

From Justin Beahm's Facebook:

"BODY BAGS FEATURES AND DETAILS
    We can finally unveil the bonus features on BODY BAGS, coming out 11/12/13 from Scream Factory. I am very proud of how this all came together, and can't wait for the release date. On to the details...
    - This is finally the UNCUT version of the film, and in proper aspect ratio
    - New audio commentary track with John Carpenter and Robert Carradine on 'The Gas Station', John Carpenter and Stacy Keach on 'Hair', and producer Sandy King and I on 'Eye.'
    - UNZIPPING BODY BAGS - a new 22-minute featurette about the making of the film including interviews with Carpenter, Carradine, King, and Keach.
    - Original trailer"

19. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

That's terrific news. Too bad they couldn't get Hooper to do one for Eye, but still much more than expected. I am curious about the aspect ratio. It was shot for cable, right? So I'm assuming it will be 1.33:1, but something makes me think it'll be formatted for widescreen sets.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  20. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Yes...new Carpenter interview!

Surprised they didn't get Hamill for an interview or something.