Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive getting a Blu ray release in Australia.

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Eddyw78, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Looks as if Australia will be getting a BD release of Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive from an indie company called Glass Dolls. According to this thread its looks as if the transfer is coming from Dark Sky films so maybe a US release could be on the cards to. No idea of dates yet but there is a list of extras and cover art on the Blu ray.com link I have provided.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=249219

2. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Always kinda liked Eaten Alive. Thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully Dark Sky WILL release a BD too!

3. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

The company's also doing Blus of THE CENTERFOLD GIRLS, BONNIE'S KIDS and VALERIE AND HER WEEK OF WONDERS. I'm scanning my CENTERFOLD GIRLS photo negatives and pressbook for their release, and I think I have some BONNIE'S GIRLS stills, too.

4. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

If it's coming from Dark Sky/MPI I would expect a US counterpart. If it's a regional exclusive I probably wouldn't bother with it - there's no telling what their HD source is. If it's from a good source there's no reason it should only be available at just one corner of the globe. I'll wait it out.

5. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Australian BDs tend to be ok even if they are regional exclusives. I have imported a couple of so-so releases and encoding on some can be abit hit and miss (some 1080i Hammer titles) but most have been fine. If it were a German release I would be more doubtful. Hopefully it'll get a release date and maybe a review or two before I take the plunge and order as apart from extras there are no other specs.

6. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I'm wondering how this will turn out considering the damage on the DVD that Dark Sky put out a few years ago. I actually like the grindhouse feel so I'm not complaining about the DVD, but on Blu?

7. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Depends on the source they use. You could say that about of alot of low budget pictures released onto BD. I was more than happy with movies like Shock Waves which have always looked a little on the rough side. I'm sure a good BD would look better than DVD and handle the grain structure better too.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I thought the same about the Shock Waves Blu-ray from BU, but it ended up looking pretty darn good in HD.