They messed with ahppy birthday to me. audio on newer dvd!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ronnie21, May 20, 2011.

1. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

Noticed this right away, during Bernadette's death, on the newly rescored version from anchor bay, they messed with the sound effect when her throat is slashed, i noticed it right away, In every other version it sounds more real, but in this version, its like the enhanced the effect to make it sound too dramatic. They also did the same thing with gregs weight death. They enhanced the sound when the weight crushed his neck. On every other version it sounds more real and sicker. I dont know why they couldnt leave well enough alone. Well, those were the only 2 deaths i noticed... Anyone else realize this??

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Nope, didn't even notice it. :eek2:

It's really not something I'd cry over to be honest. Little things like that happen all the time on DVD releases. The original theatrical music score is restored after all.

3. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Oh no! Not ahppy birthday!

Wait, what?

4. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

A lot of films get some slight audio changes when they're remastered and given an upgraded sound mix. The Warner "A Nightmare On Elm Street" blu had quite a few sounds/stingers missing in its DTS mix. It really doesn't bother me much.