The Worst Bad Horror Films.

Discussion in 'General' started by Anthropophagus, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Films that have little or no redeeming entertainment value and left you scratching your head as to why you shelled out for them in the first place:

I know I mentioned Leprechaun in another thread, but nothing for me will ever rival the diarrhea inducing abomination that is Amityville:The Haunting. I loved the first two parts in the series, but this dreck was almost a complete steal of the Paranormal Activity films.
    Unoriginal, inexplicably taking place in a completely different house that bore no resemblance to the original, ludicrous death scenes, bad seventies style made for tv movie special effects and a ridiculous subplot about a father tormented by his personal demons from the Iraq war...I literally gave away my copy after watching it once and told the recipient to chuck it when he was done with it.

2. maestra

maestra New Member

With the exception of the 70's and 80's horror films. I'd say 90% of the horror genre sense 1990 is complete garbage. I don't mind occasionally streaming a newer movie but nothing ever impresses me at all. The genre has been so dumb down it's insulting sitting through a new horror film. I'll do some thinking about what others are the worst of the worst and report back later.

3. Anthropophagus

I tend to agree with you, but I'm referring to films that are mind numbingly awful and left you wondering 'What the Hell was that?".

4. maestra

maestra New Member

I feel anal raped and dirty when I watch a new horror films. Absolute garbage the cinema is dead and rolling around in it's grave. Sorry if I quickly don't make friends here but I am being honest. There's no magic anymore it's all been done to death. The horror genre is dead but don't tell that to the Twilight fanboys.

Alright to answer your question after a little thinking. Only time I got that WTF reaction was with Troma movies. With the exception of the Toxic Avenger and Class Nuke Em High Troma sucks. Awful movie making at it's absolute worse bottom of the barrel. Insulting and about as funny as watching someone have open heart surgery.

5. Anthropophagus

I agree mostly about Troma, however Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town gave me a good laugh and was entertaining, as well as the Toxie series.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Goodnight & God Bless and The Forest come to mind.

7. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I'm sure many will disagree but I though Blair Witch Project was absolute crap. I saw it theatrically and just couldn't believe all the hype it received. After Thor came out I watched a film on Netflix called Almighty Thor. Another terrible film.

8. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

I went through a little phase with newer low budget horror movies--and some of this shit was so pathetic I couldn't believe my eyes. Movies like 100 Tears and Knock Knock. After I watched them, I was like "WTF was I thinking??"

The Lou Diamond Phillips movie Bats is a real piece of shit. Soul Survivors is another one that makes you feel dumber for watching it. One sub-genre that's overrun with horrific garbage is the devil possession/religious nonsense movie--Bless the Child, Lost Souls, Stigmata, The Gathering. :cry:

9. CPT HOOK

Oh yeah, been there. For a while there, LionsGate in particular was littering the video shelves with stuff that was basically filmed on a home video camera in someone's back yard. Just slap a pretty cover on it to lure in unsuspecting horror fans.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Vicious. Just fucking horrible on all levels. I love Savini (he acted in it) but couldn't keep this pile of shit in my collection.

11. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

My go to answers for all things bad...The Howling: New Moon Rising and The Return of the Boogeyman. Seriously nothing gets worse than either of these. But at least they made an impression with their badness that I will never forget. There is a list of stuff a mile long from the last decade that I could name but I have forgotten the names of most of them. I honestly could not even describe them enough to try to figure it out. Really just horrible direct to DVD stuff that I used to inflict on myself back when I was on the netflix 3 discs at a time plan.

12. CPT HOOK

Oh yeah. Forget my previous votes, this one right here takes the cake.

13. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Shriek Of The Mutilated.

Watch at your own peril.

15. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

I know it's got a lot of fans on here but I remember being completely floored the first time I saw Howling II: Your Sister is a Werewolf. After the brilliance of Joe Dante's original, this was just a fucking abomination.

16. Anthropophagus

This. I actually thought Dante must have done something really bad to the studio and Howling II was their way of disgracing and getting back at him.

17. Anthropophagus

Apparently one of Alice Cooper's favorite z-movies. I've seen it and yes it was horrible, but I somehow enjoyed the overwhelming cheese factor....once. Don't really want to revisit.

18. Anthropophagus

Could someone confirm that The Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis and Rave To The Grave are abysmal? I love the series up to III but always heard the last two were shit.

19. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I hated Necropolis but can't recall exactly why. Rave wasn't horrible but wasn't really good either. I picked both up at GameStop when they sold dvds and offered returns for any reason, including the movie sucking...
    I returned Necropolis and kept Rave. Been meaning to revisit it but other stuff gets in the way. Can't recall much about that either, just it was far better than Nec.

20. Anthropophagus

Ok, thanks, suspicions confirmed.
    Back to my The Complete History Of The Return Of The Living Dead book.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012