The Official Masters Of Horror Thread (MERGED)

Discussion in 'General' started by Crystal Plumage, Jan 27, 2005.

1. philxus

philxus New Member

:banana: IT MUST BE THE WEED BROWNY THAT I ATE THAT NIGHT!!! :banana:

2. sacateca

sacateca Guest

i kind of agree, but since it was Dante it's understandable it was that way because he's always making overblown horror-comedies, like Gremlins. It's just his style...i don't think it's because he wanted to underline the message. It was hilarious exactly cause it was so over the top and overblown...subtlelty would've kind of ruined the comedic angle (which, i would've not minded, but i liked it a lot the way it was, too, which is rare cause i generally hate comedies).

3. evilbaby

evilbaby New Member

"Homecoming" is by far the best episode yet and have to agree with another poster with the "best Romero film Romero never did" line. It was so refreshing to see an episode that wasn't so mind numbingly focused on tits and naked women.

Anyway, what a great use of a horror staple to make a point about war. (However I understand there couldn't have been any brain eating zombies here, Republicans don't have any to snack on.)

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

there news on Masters of Horror Second season:

"Following the announcement of White Noise 2: The Light (read that item here), THC's Dread Central has received word that Light scribe Matt Venne is set to adapt F. Paul Wilson's short story Pelts for Horror's second round on Showtime. Furthermore, we have learned that Joe R. Landsdale is at work on translating his own short story The Fat Man with co-writer Neal Barrett Jr.

Landsdale provided the source material for Season 1's Incident On and Off a Mountain Road (review), adapted by Don Coscarelli and Stephen Romano.

These make the third and fourth confirmed installments behind David J. Schow's I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream (read that exclusive break here) and Graham Masterson's Anti-Claus.

A disturbing look at the fur trade, Pelts was first penned in 1990. You can find it in Wilson's The Barrens and Others in short story and stage play format, and it's also expected to pop up in a forthcoming issue of IDW Publishing's comic magazine Doomed."

and:

"Rumors have staked their claim on the web. Names have circulated. Newcomers like Eli Roth (Hostel) and Tim Sullivan (2001 Maniacs) have been mentioned, and when we spoke with Rob Zombie last week, it appeared The Devil's Rejects writer/director may get his chance to participate.

"I had dinner with Mick and Tobe [Hooper] the other night about season two," Zombie tells THC's Dread Central. "Mick talked to me forever about season one, but the shooting schedule conflicted with my tour dates. We're talking about season two; it's just a matter of fitting it in."

Currently, Zombie's efforts are being projected onto his new album, which we may see as soon as early March.

In other Masters season 2 news, we've learned that David J. Schow is adapting the John Farris short story, I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream for the series. Schow's contribution to season 1 is Pick Me Up directed by Larry Cohen.

And finally, Fangoria got their own scoop today. Author Graham Masterson revealed that his short tale Anti-Claus has been selected for season 2 as well."

both from horrorchannel

5. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Oh please come true oh please come true oh please come true.

That is all.

6. Surnom

Surnom New Member

I just watched Jenifer tonight, and i loved it, even if predictable. Some part were a bit disturbing - like

when she licks his hand and we see her tongue...

Anyway, concerning what she is, I was under the impression

she was a kind of succubus - that would explain why people get so "addicted" to her, even if they understand she's evil. She was like sucking life out of Frank, as I guess she did with the other guy, until they find the willpower to fight her presence.

Just an idea...

7. Luna

Luna Guest

Yep, that's what I thought the deal was, which is why I wasn't amazed or annoyed at his actions throughout the episode.

8. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I thought it had something to do with her scratching him in the beginning. I kind of thought that's why the camera lingers on the hunter's hand while Jennifer caresses it. A kind of a fever she gives them. Maybe the whole episode is an homage to Ted Nugent. He is pretty cool.

9. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I finally got to watch all six episodes and I liked them overall. The best being "Dreams in the Witch House" followed by "Jenifer." I felt that the last episode was the worst - it actually started good then got progressively worse. I don't mind political commentary at all, even if it's blatant, but the cheeseball ending was just too much. I can't believe that some people actually regard this as being better than the Romero living dead movies! Incredible! Anyway, too each his own.

10. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

And some people try to eat there own head.

11. Luna

Luna Guest

No comments on the last one yet? Well, I really thought this one was fun as all hell. I liked the AWIL reference and laughed loudly when
    the deer dude in plaid lumberjack outfit was carrying the girl away.
    :lol:

Come to think of it, there are quite a few people who I'd love to
    beat to death with a huge deer leg.
    :lol:

12. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I liked it. John Landis should be making theatrical films, but it’s nice to see him get any kind of work. Nice to hear Murph and the Magic Tones are still getting gigs too!

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I thought it was pretty good. I would rank it near the bottom of what we have seen so far though. Great last 3rd. An above average X-Files episode when it was all said and done.

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

just watched "Deer Woman" I liked it alot. It was the first episode that I thought felt like a whole movie. (except for the ending) Good acting. It didn't felt rushed. It played out like a 90 min. movie. It could have been if they extened the ending more.
    One of best in the series.

P.S. - I been noticing a trend in these episodes. Brand new actors on the women side (which happen to be all pretty good looking) and Familiar males actors. They been using some models (Cinthia Moura in Deer Woman)

And oh yea, lots of nudity and sex, (No breast implants, which is odd for hollywood)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  15. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I really liked Deer Woman. Agreeing with baggio, it is pretty refreshing to see new females cast in the lead (especially since all of them have been so damn hot) and some familiar character actors in the lead male roles. I've like Benben since his days on Dream On, so it was cool to see him get top billing in this episode. Everything was well done, except maybe the horrendous acting by the black cop. That guy seriously sucked, but in a Madman-horrible kind of way. So bad it's good. My only complaint was that it had such an abrupt ending. I wanted more out of it. But overall, great effort and I loved the AWIL reference.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

agreed, it was kinda a "thats it" ending

17. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I liked "Deer Woman" as well and it pretty much lived up to what I was expecting, maybe more. Has anyone seen "Wendigo?" I didn't like it but this episode reminded me of it.

I'm really looking forward to the Carpenter episode.

18. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

i swear, i thought the black dude was going to cry from nervousness once, but yeah, his poor acting made me like him for some reason

19. evilbaby

evilbaby New Member

Carpenter epsiode this Friday!

20. David Lo Pan

David Lo Pan Guest

Yep! The one I've been waiting for! John MOTHERFUCKING Carpenter!
    Don't let us down, old man.
    I skipped the Landis episode to catch it after Carpenter's. But unfortunately I did miss Dante's.