The Matrix: Resurrections

Discussion in 'General' started by russweiss, Sep 17, 2021.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The Matrix is one of my favorite films and I'm glad to see several returning cast members from the earlier movies.

Katatonia likes this.
  2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

John Wick has entered the Matrix :D

The story looks pretty interesting, and I hope it's more like the first one, than the sequels.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

From the looks of the trailer, it is going to be almost a shot for shot remake. I am very not interested.

4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I'll pass on the trailer. The first Matrix was good. I talked about them around here somewhere. It's only one of the Matrix brothers now sisters working on this one.

I wasn't too fond of final movie. Remember though The Matrix might be never ending as mentioned by The Architect in the second movie. The machines destroyed and repopulated Zion multiple times. And the humans could be clones. I did find it funny that someone on another forum posted that the machines could have just used cows. Or really any other animal for that matter.

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I'll give it a rent. The first one was an absolute classic--the other two were awful imitations, to me. If you guys start raving about the new one, I'll change my mind, but I seriously doubt it.

6. ImmortalSlasher

Even the first movie has its flaws. It was just when they tried to up the first one when things started to break down. I did like the twist in the second one. Also the chase is still one of the best in movies.

A good Matrix double feature would be the original movie and The Animatrix. Some really good episodes are in there. I believe it touches on some horror elements as well. I remember a favorite was that kind of haunted house episode where nature didn't work right.

You want to see bad though try that first Matrix videogame. Shocking quality and absolutely terrible.

7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Huh, I'll have to give it a shot. I'm not a huge cartoon fan but this doesn't sound half bad. Thanks.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The trailer looks intriguing, but it does seem like a cash grab. But no Laurence Fishburne at all?

The first movie was quite good and still holds up pretty well... but I never particularly cared much for the sequels at all.

killit likes this.
  9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Last time I watched the Matrix sequels I really enjoyed them and gained a new found appreciation for them. There's a lot to love and chew on.

Very much excited for this new entry which seems to be in very good hands. I saw a trailer breakdown which touched on a lot of cool moments that are easily missed in the trailer. Seems this should be a faithful continuation.

10. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I liked all of the Matrix movies. It’s hard to improve on the original but I dug the sequels nonetheless. This however just seems like the Matrix version of Back to the Future II and III: the same movie as the first only slightly reworked.

11. ImmortalSlasher

You know The Matrix was influenced by anime / cartoons right?

Here is The Animatrix online if you don't want to find it another way.

https://www.wcoforever.net/anime/animatrix

If anyone here hasn't seen The Second Renaissance Part I & II segments of The Animatrix check that out as that's the story of how the whole Matrix conflict started. There is a shocking part in one of those episodes which I don't want to spoil.

Also, I only saw Megazone 23 recently. Another anime that was made in 1985. They said they weren't influenced by this one according to wiki but if you check Megazone 23 Part 2 around 13 minutes, you'll see an attack scene that is straight from The Matrix.

https://www.wcoforever.net/megazone-23-episode-2-english-subbed

It's pretty horrific.

Here are all three Megazone 23 parts for anyone that is interested. I don't want to spoil anymore but watch Part 1 and it will be a big revelation. Remember this was 1985.

https://www.wcoforever.net/anime/megazone-23-english-subbed

Remember what The Architect said about The Matrix though. I haven't seen the end of Matrix 3 in a while. But I believe it was only a truce. And they will see how long that lasts.

I didn't play the online game either which I think was supposed to be an official story.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Myron Breck and russweiss like this.