The Lost Boys 3

Discussion in 'General' started by moogong, Oct 31, 2009.

1. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I got it too, I liked it a lot, just not as much as Tribe. As much flack as he got, I thought Angus did a good job as a non-obnoxious modern vampire. These ones are just shit, except one.

The Twilight digs are funny and the audio track is fucking bonafide badass.

2. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

The Thirst was great! the tribe sucked, so i had low hopes for this one but it turned out pretty good. for a straight to video sequel, the effects were great and corey feldmen was a trip. i'd totally be down for another sequel, as the ending leaves it open for one, or even the tv show they've been talking about lately. the one little issue i had with this third entry was that it was a little too dry. it had its moments, mostly towards the end, but otherwise there wasn't much to write home about in the gore department. but still, great very entertaining sequel.

3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I hated part 2 and had no hopes at all for this one, but DAMN was it entertaining :)

The stunts and FX was the quality of a theatrical production, and Corey was MUCH better in this one. Loved his grunts and grumpy attitude :D

It´s not perfect, but as far as a "leave your brain at the door" action/horror/comedys go, this one deserved to be shown on the big screen. Warner actually put some money into this one :)

And I also liked the look of the movie, no annoying shaky-cam as in most movies today.

3,5 stars out of 5 for this one :)

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

alot better than the tribe which i lnew it would be judging from the trailer

5. Johnny Macabre

Johnny Macabre New Member

Watched it last night and I hated it!

Apparently having Corey Feldman and the song Cry Little Sister in a movie is enough to call it Lost Boys!

The Thirst is nothing more than a poor DTV vampire flick with a couple of lame Lost Boys references (supported by flashbacks to the original to be sure that everyone got them!).

Feldman is terrible in it. Embarrasingly terrible.

I've read that the producers of the second movie were sorry for the poor reception of The Tribe (that movie wasn't that bad) so this chapter is their excuse to the fans.

Thanks! No more excuse, please. Just leave Lost Boys alone!

6. springjack

springjack New Member

Ok... watched it this Sunday and I?m not sure if I liked...

So, The Lost Boys is a timeless classic. Every second of the film has the word classic written all over it. When Lost Boys: The Tribe was released I knew for sure they could not top the original. As a Lost Boys sequel, The Tribe is not a good movie but if you see it as a stand alone entry then it?s a fun movie. While The Thirst is more Lost Boys than The Tribe was, it simply doesn?t click.

The Thist has some good moments but as a whole is a very week movie.
    Corey?s persona was a little forced here. Candidate for worst actor... YES.
    And the scene where he gets pierced in the chest, gets treated and for the rest of the movie he fights like he was not wounded... Somebody tell Feldman he?s not Machete!

Simply put... The Tribe and The Thirst are in the same league. Both of them will have their fans, both of them have good and bad moments. For me, the bad guys in The Tribe were more cool than the bad guys in The Thirst.

And the ending... my god!
    Now we?ll have teen werewolfs instead of teen vamps!!!???
    Just close the store! NO MORE LOST BOYS! PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!

In a maximum 10...

The Lost Boys 10
    The Lost Boys: The Tribe 6.5
    The Lost Boys: The Thirst 7.0
    ________
    PLYMOUTH BELMONT SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011