The Jamie Lee Curtis seven

Discussion in 'General' started by snowbeast323, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Honestly...I totally get what you're saying. Prom Night was probably the movie that got me INTO slasher films. I rented this, The Fog and Halloween in the same weekend. Loved them all. Prom Night actually does have a pretty good concept to it.

~Matt

2. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Love 'em all...but if I have to choose an order:

1. Halloween
    2. The Fog
    3. Terror Train
    4. Halloween II
    5. Halloween H20
    6. Prom Night
    7. Halloween: Resurrection

Special props also to Road Games...very underrated and well played.

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Curtis has done fine work in the genre and though some may disagree I think she has shown a certain fondness for horror,rather than trying to duck having been a ''scream queen" as she was labeled.She's always quick to point out that her early horror films,''exploitation" movies ,NEVER had her do gratuitous nudity,but her first so called ''class" film (TRADING PLACES) had her go topless (I'm not knocking it,but it is ironic that it was the big pics that traded on her sex appeal).

HALLOWEEN is iconic and her work in it is great.She pulls off the teen insecurity very well.Classic screamer too.
    I love THE FOG,I still think it's one of Carpenter's most atmospheric films.Curtis's relationship with the older Tom Atkins is nicely played too.I think that film is still underappreciated.

She brings a nice sense of depth to the finale of PROM NIGHT.Most slashers don't get more than a jolt out of the unmasking scenes.This one is actually kind of painful,largely thanks to her reactions.

ROAD GAMES is a great little Hitchcockian exercise,with Curtis again playing well opposite an older man (Stacey Keach).Not a gory film but quietly suspenseful.Great sleeper.

Her other horror outings were good to mixed but I never saw her turn in a bad performance in any of them.If she ever gets sick of eating yogurt for a living I'd love to see her return to the genre.She has a great spark.

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Halloween

5. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

The Good:

Halloween
    Halloween II
    Terror Train
    The Fog
    Blue Steel
    Halloween: H20

The Bad:

Prom Night
    Virus

And The Ugly:

Halloween: Resurrection
    Perfect :D

6. JBPumpkin

JBPumpkin New Member

Just wanted to show a little more love for one of her more underappreciated efforts... Mother's Boys! Not really a horror movie per se.... but reasonably tense and creepy, and it features one of her strongest performances.