The Human Centipede (2009)

Discussion in 'General' started by hellraiser40, Sep 20, 2009.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

If any show up here tonight, they get the whole bowl of candy, the bag behind in the kitchen, the extra just in case bag, my personal bag of good candies and probably all the cash in my wallet. Then a sign will go up saying sorry to all the other kids, but you have no hope and the best costume ever has cleared me out of candy, try again next year.:lol:

I'll keep my phone set to camera just in case!

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Not a bad flick at all. Keeps you entertained and intrigued throughout. The shock value wasn't really strong though as you kinda know everything that will and does happen - no real surprises. Nonetheless, the fact that someone made a movie out of this concept is great. The Dr. really makes the movie though - I like his deleted scene too :D

3. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Hmm, I thought I had chimed in on this one awhile ago, I guess not. I feel the same way about it as most people seem too; interesting hook, and well executed enough, but way too tasteful for it's own good. This could essentially just be put off as a Thriller, aside from the concept there really isn't anything that backs up this movies' notoriety, or claims of being absolutely nasty etc etc. Really, you could edit out like, 2 or 3 scenes, and it could pass for pg-13. When I watched this I was expecting gag-inducing, absolutely nasty little cult flick that the hype claimed, but it turned out to be a pretty tame experience overall. Though props for the crazy hook, I just wish it had gone all-out as a video-nasty.

4. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

:evil: that's just great :banana:

5. inkmachine

inkmachine Member

is it just me? I was completely underwhelmed by this flick....After all the hype, I thought it was simply another ho-hum movie. I will say though, I believe the actor who played the doctor in the movie was great and if he finds the right 'character', he could easily be another horror movie icon of some sort. I think he has it in him. very creepy dude.

6. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I watched this for a second time 7 months after the NYC premiere back in April. My initial rating was 6.5 out of 10. now i would bump it up a notch.
    I believe, despite it's faults, The Human Centipede is a benchmark in cult/horror and love it or hate it, you have to give it credit for originality at the very least. I've already seen on this forum The Victim is being called the next Human Centipede, and I'm sure there will be more films to follow with the same description. On a second viewing i was completely entertained. My rating is now a 7.5 out of 10.

7. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate New Member

Finally got around to checking this out on netflix. Fucking great film. Totally hilarious.

8. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good and I agree that it was very tame.

9. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

Just saw this last night and was blown away by how ridiculous the whole thing was. I went in not knowing anything. I figured it was about people or parts of people being surgically attached based on the cover art but I stayed away from this thread and any reviews of the film. The girls' performances in the early scenes were just embarrassingly bad. It wasn't just their performances, but the dialogue was terrible as well. And once the good doctor explained his master plan, I found myself utterly in awe at the inanity of the whole thing. There is just SO much that doesn't make any sense at all. Yes, there were some scenes where I felt bad for the characters in the chain but overall, the entire concept of this movie was just asinine.

Every time they showed the girls' faces, I thought the same thing but I wouldn't say that was the biggest flaw. I'd save that for the fact that this movie took itself so seriously.

10. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

Just watched the human sexipede.

11. bigdaddyhorse

This one grew a lot on me with a second viewing, maybe because the first one was almost unwatchable download and second BD. It's no masterwork, but it is entertaining and the Doctor is fucking creepy. There's still only a handfull of people in the fucking world I'd wish being the centerpeice of a human centipede on. To give ya some frame of refernce, I wish death on about 25-30 each day. (Just kidding, but it made a great line, closer to 75-100)

12. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

I finally had a chance to watch this and thought it was pretty good. It was tamer than its reputation but it's still pretty sick. The graphic depravity is implied for the most part and your mind fills in the rest. Dieter Laser as the mad scientist is absolutely creepy and is one of the best Horror villains in recent movie history.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

ha! this was amusing. the "feed her!" scene was memorable. i loved how incredibly seriously it seemed to take itself. i thought the ending fit the tone of the movie perfectly:
    - complete and utter hopelessness. i mean, how else could a movie like this really end? she gets dentures and a little plastic surgery, and then goes on to live a happy life? i don't really see that happening.

14. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

I can't think of *anyone* I'd want to be the *center* piece of a human centipede with.

15. bigdaddyhorse

I'm reading this as you misunderstand...
    I don't want to be part of it, not even the more desirable front piece. I'm just saying, there's at least 5 people I can think of right off that being the center would be justice for. They probably aren't reading this, but if you are, fucking die fuckers!

16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

:lol: it just seems hilarious to refer to any position in the human centipede as the "desirable" piece.

17. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Human Centipede is playing in HD for free if you have Comcast On-Demand. I wasn't interested enough to pay to see it. But I plan to check it out now.

18. bigdaddyhorse

Well, if you have to be in human centipede, it's clearly the place to be!
    You get to eat real food, not shit (literally). You can see as your mouth isn't sewn to an asshole, and you can cuss out the sick fuck who did this to you. Plus you have the chance to bite things, biting can be a decent weapon.

So, best to avoid being part of one at all, but if you just have to be for whatever reason, the head is the money spot!:lol::lol::lol: