The Devil's Reject's Reaction

Discussion in 'General' started by evildeadfan123, Jul 23, 2005.

?

How do you rate The Devil's Rejects

Poll closed Aug 27, 2005.
  1. I thought the movie rocked.

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Devil's Rejects is the best horror film so far this year.

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Liked all the cameos from actors from the '70s.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Music and atmosphere of the movie reminded me of the 70's, and movies from the '70s.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I just saw The Devil's Rejects at 2:00 this afternoon. Just wanted to know what everyone else thought of the movie. I thought it was a worthy sequel to House Of A Thousand Corpses. Also, there were several cameos from actors from the '70s. Ken Foree, Michael Berryman, P.J. Soles, Mary Wonorov; and Geoffrey Lewis were all in it. It was extremely brutal and gory.

2. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Your poll doesn't really offer a whole lot of variety in views. Basically, every one of the options is my viewpoint, except I wasn't a very big fan of William Forsythe's character. I guess I did like him, but his dialogue about vengeance got annoying real quick along with
    the scene where he was practicing what he would say to Captain Spaulding.
    Pretty much everything else was great except for the film critic. I felt that was pretty much completely pointless. I can't vote in this poll however, because there really aren't any options.

In fact, I'm inclined to start a poll on "worst horrordvds poll ever", but I'm sure this one takes the cake.

3. ReNeGaDe

ReNeGaDe Guest

I am mixed with this movie. It was definetly a disspopintment for me. It reminided me of Kill bill V1 & 2, HOTC was brutal and TDR was really slow, lame, and not esxcessively violent for the most part. I was dissapointed. hOwver, the movie was very different, and unlike any horror movie i seen be4 and i definetly need to check it out again. and plus that film critic scene, was so incredibly retarted to put that in there.

this movie was such a let down for the most part. it was advertised as the most shocking brutal picture ever. this movie ripped off last house on the left. The Devils Rejects is the biggest letdown since The Village

4. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

kill bill vol 1 & 2 (especially 1) was awesome- so maybe this movie wasnt so bad - ill probably just wait for the dvd though since i wasnt too impressed with the first one

5. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

Pretty good flick. Not everything I was hyped for but 100 times better than anything Hollywood has cranked out in the last 5 years. I'll be eager to see the extras on the DVD release. The cameos were very fun for the horror fan.

6. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Answer 5: "After surviving 20 minutes of the worst antimovie of the last decade, 'House of 1000 Corpses', I would rather drill my teeth with a paper clip than watch the sequel".

7. VenicuS

VenicuS Guest

I dug the hell out of "The Devil's Rejects" myself. No, it wasn't by any measure a great movie, but Zombie did a really good job of evoking that dirty, 70's-ish "make you want to take a shower afterwards" type of feel. It's definitely not the same type of film as House of 1,000 Corpses, in that it doesn't have the slick rock video-type edits, and bizarro comic-book color schemes, but as a brutal, uncompromising homage to the killer on the run films of old, it's a great ride. Plus, it was great seeing some familiar faces on the big screen again, such as Ken Foree, P.J. Soles, Steve Railsback, and Michael Berryman.

8. mr9mm

mr9mm Guest

LOVED it !!!!!!! one of the best movies i have seen in a very long time.

9. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Without going too much into detail, this film was fucking awesome. Brutal as hell. Awesome performances. I loved all the cameos. And the soundtrack was killer. I cant believe he got an R rating.

10. skmastaz

skmastaz New Member

As I was walking out of the theatre I told my pal "Aside from any sountrack composed by Goblin, that movie had the best one EVVVVEEERRR". It seems most people on theboard agree with me. I liked this movie a lot, I also thought HO1KC sucked. A lot.

11. MansonRPG

MansonRPG Guest

It's one of the most sadistic movies I've seen in awhile, and that's a good thing. I'm tired of watered-down horror movies. The Devil's Rejects are evil for the sake of evil, which is a welcome change from the cause/effect lineage of horror backgrounds (ie. my son drowned in a lake so I'm going to kill camp counselors, or I was burned to death by the families of kids I molested so I'm going to kill their children in their dreams, etc.) They might be radically over-exaggerated and at times cartoonish, but The Devil's Rejects do act like serial killers.

The only thing I noticed was that the story unfolded very similarly to
    From Dusk 'Til Dawn
    in terms of plotting and locations. Not that this is a bad thing, but the story arcs flow down parallel tracks.

12. betterdan

betterdan Guest

All of the above, well maybe not so much on answer 4 but the movie did rock, it is the best horror movie out this year so far and I liked all the cameos. It felt a little like the old great 70s horror movies but still didn't quite hit the mark like the originals did. Anyways I voted this movie rocks.

13. onebyone

onebyone Guest

What he said. This movie was fucking awesome. I loved every little thing about it.

14. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I recommend also getting the soundtrack, but don't get the Clean Version. Get the version that says Parental Advisory. Comes with trailers and a 20 minute making of featurette on the DVD portion of the 2 sided disc. I bought the soundtrack about 3 hours ago.

15. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I too bought that today, and it kicks ass.

16. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Too bad for you.

17. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

Rob Zombie is my new hero. I don't even know what to say about it, except i loved everything about it, especially the music. Its not my favorite, but in the context of the movie, every song fit perfectly and added so much. I liked House of 1000 Corpses a lot, but this was on a whole different level. and a big thumbs up for the
    Bonnie and Clyde ending

18. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

I fuckin dug the hell out of this movie. This is now in my top 5 favorite movies. Anyone who hasn't seen it can't judge it just because it is a sequel to House of 1000 Corpses. The best horror movie I've seen all year.

19. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

I'm gonna go see it sunday, loved the 1st one.

20. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I saw this yesterday and this movie rocked! From the joking and one-liners to the severe beatings to the Bonnie And Clyde ending, it was all good. It was nice to see so many familar people from horror's past in there as well as some tv greats. Captain Spaulding solidified his roll as one bad but hilarious motherfucker. His scenes were over the top funny and has become a favorite character of mine in the horror genre. The dream sequence at the movies beginning was too funny. Wydell was amazing in his role as the fallen cop's brother in search for the remaining family members who killed his brother. Ken Foree and Michael Berryman's scene with the chicken fucker had me rolling as well. This movie will most likely be this years best horror movie IMO though I've yet to see Romero's Land and a few others.