The Devil Rejects DVD details are in

Discussion in 'General' started by Evil Dead Guy, Aug 22, 2005.

1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Thanks for the heads up. I guess that I was confused with all the pictures of the last supper cover and assumed that was a slipcover. That's what I get for assuming.

Now, to the one amazing film...

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I just finished watching the Unrated cut. I work at a vid store, so we get to take home the Tuesday stuff on the Friday before release. There's not a whole lot difference between the theatrical and the unrated, the major thing being the extension of the motel scene, and a couple of quick short add-ins. But who cares, I love this movie. I haven't checked out the doc yet, gonna do that tomorrow. I did however watch all Disc 1's features (except for the commentaries of course and the Moris Green Show) and it is quite jam packed. The blooper reel and the deleted scenes are awesome. And I liked the inclusion of the Buck Owens' video. Can't wait to buy this on Tuesday, so I can own it. Haha. And as far as I know, there is no slip cover.

3. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I am glad we just get the violence rounded out a bit instead of a whole new movie with startling out of place scenes. Just give me the version you couldn't get pass the ratings board and that's all. Do not mess with the tempo. As as far as I am concerned (and I am sure you too), this movie didn't need fixing.

I watched the extras on disc one last night, as well as the Rob Zombie commentary this morning because I love this movie. That commentary was good stuff; he is very well spoken and loves to talk Rejects. Also, the Doctor Satan deleted scene was good stuff. If all movies had just one deleted scene that good, we would be in business.

I have one more commentary and the documentary yet to go. I love DVDs that can keep you busy for days. Thank you Lion's Gate.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2005
  4. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

You Devil's Rejects fans are gonna be in for a cool treat this Tuesday here at HorrorDVDs. That's all I be sayin'. :)

5. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

6. SaviniFan

:D :D :D

7. hojimoji

hojimoji Member

I'm still baffled that they didn't release this before Halloween, or even the day after. Waiting that extra week is just torture. I should have pre-ordered.

However, I'm there Tuesday with bells on. Dammit.

8. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I just picked this up at Wal-Mart, so some of you may want to look there if you don't wish to wait until Tuesday. On what was an otherwise shitty day, this was a much needed surprise of the very pleasant variety.

9. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

this movie is so good on so many levels.

10. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

Okay, upon the 4th (or 5th) viewing, I have grown to really, really love the ending. It is very fitting.

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Every last time I watch it, and that is a lot of times, I find myself not only liking the ending more, but differently, if that makes sense. Just being in a different mood or a different part of the movie catching you more than usual makes a difference. In addition, I have watched just that sequence about 20 times. Hmmm. My name is onebyone, and I am a Devil's Rejects addict.

12. SaviniFan

You are not alone onebyone. Not only is it one of the best endings in horror, but in cinema as well. I will not be attending any 10 step programs to kick my Devil's Rejects addiction as I enjoy the high too much. :)

13. I just picked this up at Circuit City today for $13.99! I was pleasantly surprised to see a DTS ES track on the disc! I plan to see it FULL BLAST on my system probably on Thursday night (the kids are staying with the in-laws).

14. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

The ending is really quite effective given the context of the first film.
    If you remember, it ended in the convertable as well. Also I found the second film as a whole to be quite effective as I remembered the first one. I actually hated the first one because there was no payoff, no retribution for these sadistic characters. They had their way, and got away with it. Knowing that made the secondd film's ending all the more poetic, and suddenly I found myself even liking them for some strange reason. Maybe because it made them mortal?

15. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

They didn't have any copies at Wal-Mart today, which is ok because I'm going to wait to buy it anyway, but if I had wanted it today I'd be extremely annoyed right now. :)

16. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

I don't know about you, Mok, but I found I liked them more because they were so much more developed.

In House, they were caricatures. House was so surreal that you didn't care about them one way or another. I still liked the movie quite a bit.

Rejects, on the other hand, is very real and very raw. Like you said, the characters are more mortal.

They are less of a caricature and more real.

I liked both, but Devil's Rejects, for me, is one of the best movies to come out in the past 3 or 4 years. This includes every genre.

17. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

*holds candle*

Hi onebyone.

I think a big part of the reason I love this film is I looked forward to it ever since I heard it was in production and it lived up to, and exceeded, every one of my expectations.

I can't wait for Zombie's fourth movie.

18. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Did I miss a movie?

19. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

He's filming a cartoon now.

I'm not really interested in it.

I'll watch it because I'm a fan, but it doesn't grab me.

20. betterdan

betterdan Guest

So what's the deal?