THE DARK - '79 new release (!)

Discussion in 'General' started by wago70, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

2. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Shit :cry:

Hoping for a miraculous find in someones Garage or Basement somewhere!!

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Is there any difference whatsoever between the Shriek Show Box Sets and standalone releases? I know there's the one where Warlock Moon is fixed in the boxset, but is there really anything else? I ask because people are selling standalones of The Dark Brand New for like $60 and up, but you could just buy the Mutant Monsters boxset for under $15 Brand New. Am I missing something?

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

No, they're exactly the same. Hell High is another one they corrected for the boxset.

However, for some of their triple features, they later reissued them with all three movies crammed into one DVD case, while the older triple features have each movie in their individual DVD case housed in a cardboard sleeve. My Zombie Pack with Zombi 3 - 5 is in a single DVD case, while all my other ones (Zombie Pack 2, Where They Were, Psycho Killer, Mutant Monsters, Jungle Horrors, High School Horrors, Evil Animals, EuroTrash, Demons, Invader Zim) include all three DVD cases.

I imagine if you order from marketplace sellers, it is a crapshoot as to which you'll get. I know for sure they did Zombie Pack 1 & 2, Evil Animals, and Jungle Girls in the single DVD case.

You can see a picture of the Evil Animals reissue on e-Bay.

5. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Whew, glad I grabbed the three-case versions when I did. I have a whole bunch of those Media Blasters three packs in my collection, almost all of which I got back when DeepDiscount actually had real sales going on.

6. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

That's because a new element was discovered and used. Ditto for DAY OF THE ANIMALS.

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup, the first Mutant Monsters Triple Feature I ordered came in that single case with 3 dvd's crammed in it. I returned it and was able to have another reseller on Amazon clarify they had the three individual cases in the cardboard sleeve for the same low price, brand new - got it today, woohoo!