The Crazies Remake

Discussion in 'General' started by tyuun, May 19, 2004.

1. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah surprisingly looks pretty damn good. Hopefully it will be up there with the remake of Romero's Dawn of the Dead!

2. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Nah, don't worry about it. I don't think being well-informed is required to state an opinion these days.:lol:

Anyways, I was a big fan of the original from the one time I saw it on afternoon TV in the early 80's. I don't think I saw it again until the Blue Underground release and seeing it for a second time I really wasn't impressed, so I don't hold it as sacred as "Dawn" and some other Romero flicks. I am generally against the remake craze that's been going on in recent years though.

Have to admit the trailer makes the remake look pretty interesting.....

3. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I just hope that in the new film, they don't forget to sweep the yard.

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

From what I saw in the trailer, I doubt this could be PG-13, unless they edited it into an incomprehensible mess. It looks cool. Got me in the mood to watch the original too, which is always nice.

5. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Really awesome trailer, I definitely want to see this. But, wasn't a little bit too much given away in that trailer? I mean..
    so we know now the town gets nuked and there are only like, 2 that escape, the woman being one..
    I've never seen the original, so dunno if that is canon, or if that is revealed early on..but...hmm, feels like they shouldnt have shown that. Anyway, still wanna see it.

6. Mario77

Mario77 New Member

Looks like a promising remake that might capture the spirit of the original, of which I'm a big fan. Did any other fans of the original spot Lynn Lowry (from the Romero's 1973 film, Shivers, Cat People) in the trailer? I hadn't heard that she was in it so it was a surprise to me. That's awesome that they're using her in this remake even if it's a cameo, which it likely may be.

7. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I chat with Lynn Lowry occasionally through her site and she said she enjoyed shooting her little cameo.

Fangoria reviewed (and liked) an advanced cut of the film that was definitely "R'' rated .However they also noted that a PG-13 version (which they had not seen) was also being tested.Hopefully they'll go with the "R''.While I'm generally not a remake fan I still hate to see a movie strangled in it's crib by pre-release cuts made just to water it down.

8. This looks really good. One of those rare remakes that actually looks like it's trying to pay homage to the original, while also building on it's ideas. I sure hope they go with the R cut though. This is one of those films where I think the rating will make a big difference.

9. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Was that her pedaling by on the bicycle??? If so, how cool is that--if not..well maybe I'll just go watch it again---to me it looks pretty good even though YES....another remake...still, I am excited to see it, and many of those involved, including the leads, tend to be involved in some of the "edgier" projects coming out of Hollywood or Indieville, so I have faith they're not going to cheese out and try to put a happy face on anything...At least, I hope not---it would be one of only a few ways they could ensure this goes out as tribute to the original instead of trying to "hip" it up...

I'm gonna not be swayed by anything I read or see from here on out though, cause while I am fond of the original, it does have some flaws...However they play it I think it will help bring the original back into public consciousness and remind movie buffs (beyond those who are familiar w/his career) that G. Romero DID do other things beyond the Living Dead films....even though this one sort of fits in with those kinda sorta....anyway...Yes..looks great. :)

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

looks really good but i may just wait and buy it on dvd or blu-ray i kinda doubt it'll even come to my crappy theater

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

12. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

So far there are no plans to remake There's Always Vanilla. :eek:

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Just got back from an advance screening and I actually quite enjoyed the remake! Below is an excerpt from my review.

Here's my full review: http://reeltoreelradio.blogspot.com/2010/02/fear-thy-neighbour.html

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  14. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Lol. This fall, Platinum Dunes is proud to present: a reimagination of the 1973 George A. Romero classic..."Season of the Witch"! Kim Kardashian plays Joan Mitchell, a bored housewive who gets mixed up in witchcraft...and murder!

15. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

:lol: Kim Kardashian ow my hell what? That cheap plastic bimbo can't act for poop. Don't even joke you might give someone an idea.

I got a new quote for my sig thanks!

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

The remake is a surprising 72% on Rotten Tomatoes, sounds like we might actually have a winner here. And finally, a remake to a film with nary a legacy and plenty of room for improvement...

17. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

Yeah I've been hearing pretty positive things from friends who've seen it.
    I think I might have to peel myself away from the 2 year old this weekend and go check it out.

18. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I'll be seeing this tomorrow. I love Radha Mitchell and am also a fan of Olyphant, so I'd see this regardless, but the trailer actually looks damn good. Chalk me up as someone who thinks the original is decent, but highly flawed.

19. Criswell

Criswell New Member

I thought this was already remade as Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman.

20. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i liked it alot it was a very fun movie can't wait to get the blu-ray