The Conjuring 2 06/10/2016

Discussion in 'General' started by buck135, Mar 28, 2016.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Looks decent.

Steel76 and satans-sadists like this.
  2. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I'm down for that. I thought the first was great and love that these are true cases (even if they are not accurate).

buck135 likes this.
  3. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Will be there day one. Looks outstanding.

4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

It would be nice if this series becomes a trilogy and saves the best for last...Amityville. I don't see either happening however.

5. sade

sade Active Member

The funny thing is I can't even remember what the first one was about. I tend to mix up the Conjuring/Sinister/Insidious flicks.

6. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

The Conjuring is where Annabelle was spun off from. It's about the family in the seventies with five daughters who are haunted by a spirit. An exorcism needs to be performed at the end. Insidious features the old witch looking woman (man) and Darth Maul. Sinister was the film with the old tape reels in the attic.

I think Sinister had the best opportunity to be great, but the antagonist is terribly weak. Had Sinister featured the villain from Insidious (not Darth Maul), it would have really been something. Old family videos are inherently creepy, as are old photos (The Others springs to mind).

7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I will definitely catch this one in the theatre. Looks fun.

8. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Looking like a great follow up. I'll be there opening night!

9. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

I'm still looking forward to this one even though I am sick to death with the Blumhouse line of horror films. All of their films are looking exactly the same at this point (I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between "Sininster 2," The Darkness," or "Lights Out" ). But James Wan has a pretty good track record and I think this will be one of the better main stream horror films of this year.

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

100% agree with this. The Blumhouse cookie-cutter ghost movie has more than worn out its welcome. They've officially dropped below zombie films and are hurtling towards found-footage for me. After recently watching trailers for The Darkness, The Other Side Of The Door, Before I Wake, Lights Out, etc, I couldn't even muster up the effort to watch the trailer for Conjuring 2. If ghost movies went away for the next decade, I wouldn't miss them. The slasher movie is overdue for a resurgence.

Thank goodness I have Green Room to look forward to. Also nice to see horror going strong on the VOD front with the upcoming Hush, Holidays, The Invitation, The Girl In The Photographs, etc all dropping in the next two weeks. It's just a bummer that any of these would get me into a movie theater opening night, but that isn't an option. I couldn't care less about more PG-13 ghost crap.

11. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I love this stuff. I find it fascinating so I'm in.

Here is the true story behind the film:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  12. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

No my friend. I will agree with that sentiment when they have Jane Austin, beaver and stripper ghosts. My favorite horror films are Night and Dawn. It will take me awhile to watch them with the regularity that I used to. The zombie genre has gone where no genre has gone before. Since the Walking Dead will continue seemingly forever due its popularity, the zombie genre will never go away long enough for anyone to miss it.

EDIT: I may have to retract my post. I just saw a commercial for a show called Ghost Asylum which will air on...wait for it...The Weather Channel. Ugh.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Mok likes this.
  13. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Understandable but Jason Blum has nothing to do with Conjuring 2 (or the first film for the matter) I get what you're saying though

14. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

This movie looks great I can't wait till it comes out. The Warrens were full of shit but it makes for great storytelling. :)

~Matt

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  16. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Taking my niece to see it. Looking forward!

othervoice1 likes this.
  17. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yep I got some days off work coming up so going to check this out on a matinee one day. I saw the first one on opening night on a whim before seeing any reviews and loved it.

18. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I hardly think that The Warrens were full of shit, unless you are referring to how Hollywood spices up these films for the viewer to make a situation appear much more dramatic than what one may actually experienced in real life. The Warrens were world renowned for their efforts at helping people with cases that were truly documented as hauntings or cases of demonic possession. You may not believe in the existence of evil but I don't think it's fair to say they were full of shit unless you were there.

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Don't seem to have that in this case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfield_Poltergeist#Criticism

Just reading the fact that one of the girls was caught red handed multiple times and then reading Ed Warren saying he saw her levitating sure sounds like someone full of shit to me.

20. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

According to Guy Playfair, The Warren's appeared for only a day or so in Enfield and all Ed was interested in was making a quick buck. Obviously it's one man's opinion, but I think it's pretty apparent Ed and Lorraine were full of shit - regardless whether or not they were aware of all of it. Watch My Amityville Horror, Lorraine pulls out a piece of the cross "jesus" was crucified on; it's hilarious. Both the Perron family and those involved in Enfield (aside from the surrounding movie promotion they've both done), have very conflicting stories - the other investigators too! There were investigators on the Perron case before the Warren's!

Hey, even if I don't buy into the Warren's stories, I loved the first Conjuring, and the follow up looks to be just as good! The relationship between them in the movies is great, I can't get enough of them. Probably more to do with Farmiga and Wilson but I'm a big fan of these movies, and I'll be there opening night to see their new adventure.