the BOX in a bag!

Discussion in 'General' started by PELOQUIN, Nov 15, 2002.

1. PELOQUIN

PELOQUIN New Member

(please dont forgot that im french)

My god are we there yet! are we all out of ideas, is this the end are we cought in groundhog day franchise? and what the hell am i talking about. friends this is where some of us just dont follow anyone nomore! yep, pinhead fans, i guess that soon we will see a tv serie of hellraiser at the space channel. wtf, inferno was ok, it bring a new entry in the cenobite serie but hellseeker was just a replay of the franchise.

now i dont want to sound like a paradoxal freak but come on its the same shit. hallucination are not scary and so on and on! the quality of the movieS are going down the toilette. im a huge fan of barker's work from is book to is movies and i can also draw the line when it comes to the hellraiser franchise but come-on are we missing the point here or what? cenobites kicks ass and we want to see more of those fleshy bloody tortured freaks. we got all crank-up with hell on hearth but some good shit were still missing!???

:glasses:
    "Hellraiser III - Unfilmed Versions
    37 INT. BASEMENT - NIGHT
    FEAVER : I'm not sure I understand.
    PINHEAD : I'm sure you don't. Good and Evil, Feaver. You may have changed camps but you still believe in a two-party system.
    Pinhead walks slowly to the vat and stares down at its contents.
    PINHEAD : Look at this soup, father. Is it Good? Evil? Does it acknowledge the hierarchies of either?
    Pinhead turns around and walks back towards Feaver, who begins almost unconsciously to back away. The shadows in the room seem stronger now and almost mobile, the blue light more intense. Faintly, we can hear metallic dragging noises, like huge chains shifting and sliding in some faraway darkness.
    Pinhead stops walking, standing still and fixing his eyes on Feaver, who continues moving backward, approaching the mass of black shadow that the far end of the basement has become. Feaver's hands are rising out slowly on either side of him, palms upward in an instinctive gesture of surrender or denial.
    PINHEAD : There is no Good.
    Suddenly, a chain flies out of the darkness behind Feaver and hooks its way cruelly into the back of his hand, the hook emerging through the palm. Feaver screams, but Pinhead keeps talking with the same smooth, implacable rhythm.
    PINHEAD : There is no Evil.
    Another chain whistles out and hooks Feaver's other hand.
    PINHEAD : There is only the flesh...
    The chains jerk tight, pulling Feaver's arms out to full-stretch and to head-height on either side of him.
    PINHEAD : ...and its transformations.
    Something else flies out at the screaming Feaver, but this time, instead of chain-links, it is made of barbed wire. It wraps itself around Feaver's forehead, biting in tight, drawing blood.
    PINHEAD : There is only pain, pleasure and their mutual transcendence.
    Feaver's anguished eyes find Pinhead as he is lifted off his feet and another barbed wire chain wraps itself around his ankles.
    FEAVER : No! Please! It isn't fair!
    Feaver is pulled taut by the chains and wires, suspended in mid-air like a free-floating crucifixion. Pinhead's cold laughter echoes through the basement.
    PINHEAD : Keep telling yourself that. It will season your suffering.
    FEAVER : But I brought you back!
    Pinhead smiles, even inclines his head in mock-acknowledgement,
    PINHEAD : You gave me Genesis, Father. Now I give you Revelation!

Third draft (of unfilmed version) - by Peter Atkins (from a story by Clive Barker) - February 1989

One of the things that has always intrigued us is the way that the Hellraiser series might have progressed had two even more powerful forces than Leviathan (namely money and politics) not intervened. When Pete Atkins was kind enough to contact us with his comments and praise about this Revelations website, we decided to see if we could prove the truth of the old adage that, if you don't ask, you don't get. Well, what they say about old adages is that, the reason they've survived to get old is that every now and again they do the job they promise...
    In this case, it has resulted in permission to publish, for the first time anywhere, an article which Pete Atkins wrote back in 1993, chronicling the painful birth of the beast that, quite appropriately, we know as Hell On Earth... All print rights are reserved pending the potential for a second volume of Shadows In Eden but, until that day dawns, ladies and gentlemen, Peter Atkins..."
    :glasses:

get the picture. now lets calm down and think...the only thing that comes to mind is money argh!!! wtf, the franchise have everything that we can ask for. so lets all hope that the next installement will be more elaborate then a f*$!% tv serie! hellseeker is good...wtf am i saying huh? its the only interesting franchise alive to this point except for the re-animator serie but thats a different piece of pie (imo)! inferno was ok like i said but lets not exagerate on the subject we all got the ideas that we are still at the beginning of everything and going around full circle.

im complaining and winning but im more interested about everyone opinions on the subjects im even beggin some of you guys to share your thoughts on the subject. i wanna know how you feel as an horror fan, cause for me hellraiser is the movie that hooked me up on the "genre" and now i feel cheated that we got so screwed with -"B" qualitie movies.

like a crack addict i will always be looking forward for the next hellraiser movie and as long as doug bradley will be in it I will watch it and buy it so that i can add it to my exagerated hellraiser video dvd collections but why should I? since i consider it a rip-off franchise? i dont know but the style of it is cool the conception is fun to watch and each and every time i see pinhead and is acolites i f*@#% drewled.

some left-overs were left behind like the dragon or those lost souls picking-up the box from where it was left to dry or those demons that plays with the box but where not cenobites. or engeniers??? (not the one in inferno). this is what most of us hellraiser fans are left on our appetite! these are the terrains that needs to be explain a bit more or only played with. im tired of unexplained horror movies. if you want to do an surreal movie but dont have any good ideas on how to make them, then call david lynch for a few tips but please dont make a movie that dosent explain shit just for the fun of making it elaborate.

loose ends are what the hellraiser movies are getting to! and this is a new trend in the genre. we had horrific gore, spooky ambience and weird "facts". but now we have elaborate story with surreal explanation that dosent say shit or are totally spoiled at the begging or during it. now for example... the ring, damn its a good film but you are left with a thousand of explanation and loose ends THAT dont have a good meaning the to plot of the story... thats only me thinking out loud and bitching. but then again this "new horror". dont ask why dont try to understand the illogical cause monster dont exist!!! yeah sure!

maybe the next hellraiser will start with hannibal lecter and an evidence on a crime scene... the box in a bag!

so lets get started, lets teared our souls aparts!

2. PELOQUIN

PELOQUIN New Member

:eek2: i forgot what ever happen to the original score???:eek2:

3. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Too bad Hellraiser 3 couldnt have been better than it was. I still thought it was a decent entry in the series, but it sure could have been a lot better.

4. MISFITZ

MISFITZ Guest

I always thought the HELLRAISER series could have been better had they not revolved so much around PIN HEAD. We the introduction of the "TORTURED SOULS" figures, people can see what they have been missing.

If anyone had read some of the "HELLRAISER" graphic novels, you'd see they had the right idea. It was filled with tons of 'hell' stories and people, EVEN kIDS, being 'damned' to hell, and a lot of them didn't even involve PIN HEAD.

I think that could have made the HELLRAISER series even more mysterious and scary. To know 'they' are out there. And even if they did do different ceneobites, they could always bring PIN HEAD back.

And i don't mean cenebites liek the ones in HELLRAISER 3, i'm talking about some TRUE scary shit.

I almost got my wish on, i think part 5 ( i forget), but sure enough, PINHEAD showed his face in the last few minutes.

I still wanna check out this latest entry to the HELLRAISER series.