The Barge People (2018)

Discussion in 'General' started by satans-sadists, Jan 4, 2018.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ple-trailer-unleashes-insane-creature-mayhem/

[​IMG]

Workshed, Kim Bruun and Steel76 like this.
  2. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Looks a bit like the flukeman from the X-Files episode The Host. Count me in. :)

Myron Breck and satans-sadists like this.
  3. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I'm really glad they copyrighted that title, because wow, what a winner! Right up there with "The Bye Bye Man" as one to strike fear in the hearts of moviegoers everywhere.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Paff and zbinks like this.
  4. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

That looks pretty good, but yeah, that's a bad title. If I saw just the title without that weird fish dude image from the trailer I probably wouldn't even stop to see what it was about.

5. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Trailer sold me on this for sure.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

The directors previous movie 'escape from cannibal farm', was not great, a sort of amateur, no budget UK take on 'texas chainsaw massacre', it looks from the trailer that a few additional pounds have been spent on this one, I'm game.

7. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

It’s been a year since THE BARGE PEOPLE first struck terror in our hearts, thanks to this thread.

Someone on this site has seen the film. Who lived to tell us the tale?

(Also a good reminder that I need a new user title.)

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the barge people. The director has a new film called Death ranch blind bought it at Walmart for 9.96.

9. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Both his previous films were pretty bad, I'd watch his new one on a streaming site if I had nothing else to view. Would not be dropping coin on it blind side!

fceurich39 likes this.
  10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I got Death Ranch the other day but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

IMG_20210428_091108.jpg

Never seen The Barge People.

fceurich39 likes this.
  11. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed death ranch only 77 min the gore bloodshed was pretty good for low budget.

hots4 likes this.
  12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Eh, I'm not really sure how I felt about Death Ranch. The plot is pretty crazy and I guess you have to commend them for having the guts to make an exploitation movie like this right now. The plot is three black siblings are hiding out in an old abandoned barn on their family's property. From here, it's a little bit Race With The Devil, where one of the guys stumbles across the Klan murdering a woman out in the woods. When he intervenes, it draws attention to him and his siblings, and from here it's basically a siege movie where the siblings are in the barn fending off the murderous Klansmen. For some reason, there is a bit of dialogue that establishes that the Klan is cannibalistic and actually eats black people, but the movie never does anything with this whatsoever. I'm not even sure why that was in there?

Even though the director is British and all his other films were made in the UK, this one was shot right here in the USA for authenticity. Tennessee to be exact. Pretty much the entire movie takes place at this barn, and it's not even a very big barn, so there is only so much they can do. There's definitely gore, and the running time is short, but they could have done a lot more with this concept. The nighttime scenes early on are shot so dark that you can barely see what is happening. There isn't much in the way of twists or surprises. I didn't think it was bad for such a low-budget film, but when it was over I just kind of shrugged.

I will say there's a 20-minute or so interview with the main actress Faith Monique on the DVD, and she seems like a total joy. If I were a casting director and saw this interview, I would cast her for her enthusiasm alone. The other featurettes on the disc are basically EPK / extended trailers.