The Atticus Institute 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Awful title. Awful tagline. Lame cover art. But wait..
    [​IMG]

..I watched this last night based on a glowing review from a co-worker. I went in with fairly guarded expectations since the cover art looks so stock and I haven't ever heard of this before (including a search here on Horrordvds.com). I have to say, it not bad! Reminded me of Lake Mungo as it's that same mockumentary style. I think this one is actually better than Lake Mungo. The interviewees seem more natural and the story is fascinating without drawing things out too long. It also exceeded The Quiet Ones in capturing the look of the 70's. Really exceptionally well done on that front. If you go in not expecting much this one may surprise you.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Hummmmm. Not only did the cover and tagline look wack, the trailer did too.
    They need to stop with the "producer of" credits on front. No one cares who produced it, just how it turned out. Does anyone collect producers? Not all at once ya'll!
    I know some will avoid producers (Michael Bay, Lloyd Kaufman), but does anyone buy for them? Plus it mentions 2 of the worst recent "horror" flicks I've suffered through. I might've blind bought this if not for mentioning those on front, seriously. I was in BB with a $10 reward cert and had this in hand, but put it back cuz of that (and the rest of the cover looking like generic shit).
    Might give it a try now.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

This is on Showtime Beyond tonight at 10PM.

I set up the DVR to record it.