The Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread -- 2021!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by maskull, Sep 25, 2021.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Bring It On is one of those movies that shouldn't be good but it's hilarious. And I tend not to like cheerleaders but that movie and Death Proof are the two movies that have cheerleaders I like.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I just found this in a used DVD shop for $3 and remembered it from this thread. Went ahead and picked it up.

I think indrid was also responsible for my recent viewing of Switch Killer too, lol!

indrid13 likes this.
  3. indrid13

indrid13 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Glad to inspire you. I enjoyed both of 'em.

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

So yeah, I finally got around to watching this, and it's pretty by-the-numbers. I think I was immediately turned off when I saw how basic the "game" was. You roll dice. You move. Pick up a card. If it's your death, then game is over. Not exactly high concept. When they put such little effort into the main plot device, you know the rest of the film will be just as uninspired, and it absolutely is. I re-read your review, and was surprised you found the end confusing. I mean, basically
    by wishing to go back before acquiring the game, yes he gets all his friends back but he's doomed to repeat the events of the film over and over again in a loop.

Some nice scenes of Eliza at the end though, huh??

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ I remember watching Open Graves when it premiered on the SyFy Channel, but don't ask me to remember a thing about it.

6. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I thought the center piece of the game was cool. It reminded me of an old kids volcano board game with the center piece. I still need to look into that Open Graves game. If it was just made for the film or from something else.

I'll put the spoiler tag on the rest.
    I wanted to mention that part about Eliza at the end but I thought it might be a bit of a spoiler. And that's the part I didn't really get. Is Eliza's character now the witch from the opening? They even frame the last shot like she might be. And I thought that didn't make sense as if she is the witch, would she really want to be trapped in the loop as well killing these people over and over? It came across like a dumb genie that trapped itself instead of just the person that was making the wish. But yeah, not that good except for Eliza.