The Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread -- 2021!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by maskull, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Jaso goes to Hell is fucking awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Great Halloween choice, my man. Almost wished I pulled that one out last night.

f0t0z00m, Kim Bruun and indrid13 like this.
  2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

28th - October Madness No.43

[​IMG]
    La revanche des mortes-vivants (The Revenge of the Living Dead Girls) (1986) - Rating: 3/5

Echoes of Jean Rollin, this zombie flick has lots of skin, some fun gore, and that very French rural feel. This is the second film I watched this October that features death by high heel (the other film being Slash Dance)! Bonus points for the quite revealing and uncensored, boarding on hardcore, sword in the vagina kill scene. And what a twist ending!

28th - October Madness No.44

[​IMG]
    Scary Movie (1991) - Rating: 3/5

John Hawkes plays a very timid and easily scared virginal nice guy who meets up with a friend at the local Austin haunted house on a blind date, and gets the fright of his life when he's trapped in the scary amusement attracting with an escaped mental patient in the area. A bit to slow burn and slow moving at times, but chock full of some amazing Halloween imagery, Scary Movie would make a fantastic double-bill with something like HauntedWeen! Bonus Halloween short (that was on the Blu-ray): MR. PUMPKIN - this 11-minute ode-to-Halloween from the Scary Movie director is a hilariously funny viewing, featuring TCM's Robert Burns in a cameo role, and will probably become an annual Halloween spin!

29th - October Madness No.45

[​IMG]
    Legacy of Dracula: Vampire Doll (1970) - Rating: 3/5

Japan's answer to Hammer's Dracula begins with this first entry in the Bloodthirsty trilogy from director Michio Yamamoto. The victim of a car accident is kept alive via hypnotism and has to consume blood to stay alive. Japan's take on the gothic horror staples is quite good, and features some fun gore in the final act.

29th - October Madness No.46

[​IMG]
    Lake of Dracula (1971) - Rating: 3/5

The second entry in the Bloodthirsty trilogy, but a slight step down from Vampire Doll, Lake of Dracula still features lots of moody Japanese gothic imagery and another bloody finale. Gotta love that end shot of the hand deflating, a recurring image in this series that will once again make an appearance in the next entry.

29th - October Madness No.47

[​IMG]
    Evil of Dracula (1974) - Rating: 3/5

The final entry in the Bloodthirsty trilogy, Evil of Dracula is by far the most entertaining of the trilogy with a faster pace and a more interesting, busy plot. This time we're at an all-girls school where the new teacher must protect the students from the vampiric school principal. Features a great arterial spray from the neck and, once again, those deflating hands!

29th - October Madness No.48

[​IMG]
    Dracula (The Dirty Old Man) (1969) - Rating: 2/5

Wise-cracking badly post-dubbed early drive-in sexploitation trash, Dracula (The Dirty Old Man) features lots of flesh, a libidinous werewolf-Igor, females chained to crosses, boob biting, and lots of repetition. It's cheap! It's cheese! It's a Something Weird Video classic! I have the soundtrack on vinyl as the lounge music is AMAZING!

29th - October Madness No.49

[​IMG]
    Werewolves on Wheels (1971) - Rating: 2.5/5

Werewolves on Wheels
    is a hybrid biker exploitation horror picture. Take Satan's Sadists but add Satanic monks and our anti-heroes who crash their party and are turned into werewolves and you get this! While the horror elements are a little sparse, there's still lots of psycho cycle fun to be had!

29th - October Madness No.50

[​IMG]
    Trick or Treat (1986) - Rating: 3.5/5 (Rewatch)

Local theatre screened this theatrically as part of a double-feature with my next film on the list. Super fun heavy metal horror with some amazing practical effects by Kevin Yeagher (who also shows up on-screen as the lead guitarist in the high school Halloween dance band), Trick or Treat might not have the best character development or plot or baddie with a great backstory, but it delivers the hard rockin' horror! I think I even enjoyed this more on this second viewing, and it was a blast to see on the big screen!

29th - October Madness No.51

[​IMG]
    Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982) - Rating: 3/5 (Rewatch)

The second big hit on a double-bill for Halloween weekend at the local indie theatre, Halloween III: Season of the Witch is a bonafide cult classic. Tom Atkins is great as the shlubby cheating ex-husband/father who can't be bothered to look after his kids when he's roped in to solving a murder mystery with a patient rushed into the hospital he works at. While it's not a masterpiece or anything as it is pretty scant (and ridiculous) on story, it's held together by John Carpenter's great score and Dean Cundey's gorgeous cinematography and those fun central every-man / every-woman performances from the leads. Side note: Love me those Trick or Treat Studios old-school style Halloween decorations, which I found at a Spirit of Halloween earlier this month and proudly displayed all month long on my living room walls!

30th - October Madness No.52

[​IMG]
    Franky and His Pals (1990) - Rating: 3/5

Directed by the producer of Barn of the Naked Dead, this schlocky, cheesy, and cheap SOV flick is a howl! When Franky, Drac, Humpy, Wolfie, Dummy Mummy and Apothis are released from their cave prison after Franky's eaten some beans and blasts their way out, they descend on the town of French Gulch and crash the local's bar's Halloween party in search of buried gold promised on a treasure map they found in the cave. If you were to condense a late '80s / early '90s Halloween costume /frat party into a movie, Franky and His Pals is it!

30th - October Madness No.53

[​IMG]
    Demonia (1990) - Rating: 2.5/5

Fulci tackles the nunsploitation genre in this late-era film that went direct to video, even in Italy. While not the most exciting, the film is a bit bland and flat but features some great - yet cheap - gore gags, including a gratuitous eye-gouging via cat and a father being quartered in half in gruesome detail when his son trips on the rope that's the release mechanism to his fatal booby trap.

31st - October Madness No.54

[​IMG]
    Ghosts, Gobins & Ghouls (various spooky cartoons from various years) - Rating: 3/5

This 3-hour long DVD cartoon compilation features classic Halloween episodes of Casper and Friends, Fritz the Cat, Filmation's GhostBusters, The Groovy Goolies, and Mr. Magoo. The Mr. Magoo Frankenstein cartoons, which I'd never seen before, were definitely the highlight!

31st - October Madness No.55

[​IMG]
    Basic How-To Halloween Makeups (1997) - Rating: 3/5

Makeup artists from J.R. Bookwalter's Tempe Video stable teach you have to do 20 unique Halloween makeups in only 55 brief minutes! Learn how to do the Pumpkin Man, a Zombie, the Phantom, and more! A fun non-movie Halloween watch!

31st - October Madness No.56

[​IMG]
    Ernest Scared Stupid (1991) - Rating: 5/5 (Rewatch)

It ain't Halloween for me until I've watched Ernest Scared Stupid, which is my go-to annual Halloween viewing. A goofy, spooky, gooey family-friendly Halloween masterpiece and Ernest classic!

31st - October Madness No.57

[​IMG]
    Season of the Witch (aka Hungry Wives aka Jack's Wife) (1972) - Rating: 4/5 (Rewatch)

Romero's commentary of domestic monotony is a haunting and awakening portrait of the horrors of patriarchy, domesticity, and self-doubt and self-release. A powerful film with powerhouse performances, and a raw realness that grounds all it's supernatural elements perfectly. Makes a great gendered companion piece to his later work, and best film, Martin.

31st - October Madness No.58

[​IMG]
    It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966) - Rating: 3.5/5

Believe it or not, this was a first-time watch for me! Charles M. Schulz beloved Peanuts TV classic is a gorgeously animated Halloween treat that lives up to it's reputation - although I must admit I could do without the Snoopy baron bit. Still, this will also become a staple in the annual Halloween rotation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, that's it for 2021's Halloween / October Madness! I crammed in 58 movies, 53 of which were first-time watches and made a good dent in my unwatched movie piles.

[​IMG]

Signing off until next year, wishing you a very spooky Happy Belated Halloween (seeing as I'm posting this on Nov. 1st) from RALF (ALF's evil cousin)!

ImmortalSlasher, baggio, Mok and 13 others like this.
  3. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

It got late last night so I didn't post last night but we went Trick or Treating then watched:

The Trouble with Ms. Switch (1980)
    My son wanted something "chill" (his words) so we watched this quaint, often unintentionally funny animated adaptation of the 1971 book on youtube. The voice actors are great, the animation... passable but it really does remind me of being a kid and we all had a nice family laugh. Perfect way to wrap up October.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    f0t0z00m, CPT HOOK, Kim Bruun and 7 others like this.
  4. Rocker10

Rocker10 Well-Known Member

Well, some great write-ups as usual. It was a fun run again this year. I got more first time watches in than any year prior. Also, managed 149 this year which topped last years 148.

Going to dig into a lot of features and extras in the next few weeks. I usually burn through movies and save that stuff until after every year.

Thanks to everyone for all of your reviews and write-ups. I get ideas and the interaction makes this fun every Halloween. We'll do it again next year!

~Rocker10

5. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

For real.......this site and this thread especially genuinely increases my October and Halloween enjoyment. I appreciate the fuck out of everyone who contributes.

Almost time for Silent Night Deadly Night..........LOL

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I agree, while my own viewing was a little lacking, it was, as it's always been great to read all the stuff posted on this thread, reading about people passions for certain movies and finding about stuff I've not heard of before its always a thrill.

The only downside is traffic and posts grind to a halt in November which takes some getting used to when you've been checking and reading stuff 2 to 3 times a day!

It's been a blast, thank you all, take care and see you all for this again next year.

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

OCTOBER 29TH:

NIGHTBOOKS.png

82. Nightbooks (2021) (NetFlix) - New kid friendly horror movie. Was expecting an anthology or more of an adventure, but the entire thing pretty much takes place in a supernatural apartment. Made it feel like a COVID production, keeping the set contained and restricted. Movie's about 15 minutes too long, but not bad. The kid has lots of horror posters on his walls and the soundtrack blasts "Cry Little Sister" at one point.

KNOW.png

83. I Know What You Did Last Summer Episode 6 "Least You Had A Spare" (Amazon Prime) - In this episode, a main character dies... and it takes the entire episode for them to die. Seriously, they get fatally wounded by the slasher right as the episode begins, and the entire episode is basically spent on them dying. Since I've watched this far, I'm only sticking around to see who the killer is and if anything gets kinky. Show is trash though.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

84. Night Of The Demons (1988) (Blu-ray) - To be specific and snobby, this is the 4K remastered steelbook release. Probably my favorite Halloween movie. I'd go as far as to say one of my all-time favorite movies, period. I can practically recite it from watching the VHS over and over as a kid. I can't think of another movie that screams the season more than this one does. Love it love it love it.

85. Eli Roth's History Of Horror Season 3 Episode 5 "Holiday Horror" (AMC / DVR) - This was my favorite episode by far. I'm still not sold on Krampus or the self-importance of Halloween 2018, but WOW was the one-two-punch of Mother's Day and April Fool's Day the most perfect segment ever. At one point, Roth ignorantly says the ending of April Fool's Day ruins the movie and Tarantino totally takes him to school. I don't think Tarantino has ever been more correct and I loved it! It's right there in the title.

OCTOBER 30TH:

86. Just Beyond Episodes 7 & 8 "Standing Up For Yourself" & "The Treehouse" (Disney+) - Wrapping up the first season of this R.L. Stine anthology series. These last two episodes were a little derivative of each other. The first follows the town's meathead bully who picks on the wrong kid and is turned small. The finale is a kid who winds up in an alternate timeline where his dead dad is alive. They saved the sappy and sentimental one for last. As whole, the series is fine, it's just a bit lightweight and tame compared to the '90s kid horror anthologies.

[​IMG]

87. Night Of The Demons 2 (1994) (Blu-ray) - As much as I love the first film, I think I love this sequel just as much. Another one where I wore out the VHS tape as a kid. It basically delivers everything the first movie did, only the teens are slightly more contemporary via a '90s slant. I adore Jennifer Rhodes in general, but I think the standout here is Zoe Trilling as mean girl Shirley. As far as horror sequels go, this is easily one of the best out there.

HOLLOW.png

88. The Hollow (2004) (DVD) - I don't know what it is about this silly little headless horseman teen slasher movie, but it has become a minor Halloween favorite over the years. So tame that it premiered on ABC Family, this one makes up for it with a great cast of fun characters and perfect seasonal atmosphere. My favorite part is when cheerleader Erica (having fled the horseman after her boyfriend was decapitated whilst going down on her) is decapitated in front of an entire hayride full of onlookers, to which a wonderfully dour Eileen Brennan quips "very distasteful". Every October it leaves me charmed for 80 minutes, and I love it.

OCTOBER 31ST:

[​IMG]

89. Michael Jackson's Thriller (1983) (YouTube) - You know, I've never been a huge Michael Jackson fan or cared for the song Thriller. However, a couple years ago I caught a beautifully restored 3D version of Thriller in IMAX before The House With A Clock In Its Walls and I loved it. Of course I had seen the video before as a kid and thought it was fun, but that screening made it really click. I believe that was 2018, and for whatever reason I've watched it on every Halloween since. I just wish they would put the lovely restored version I saw up on Vevo / YouTube, because the one they've got up looks like crap. Better yet, put it on blu-ray! I'd buy.

NOTD3.png

90. Night Of The Demons 3 (1997) (VHS) - Honestly, this sequel is pretty bad. Yet, like many a bad horror sequel before it, I'd always be compelled to plug it in after watching the first two and over many years and multiple viewings I have conditioned myself into loving it. Not quite the same without the original Hull House, but fortunately Amelia Kinkade is there to keep Angela around. Cheesy '90s fun if you lower the bar considerably and just roll with it.

SWITCH.png

91. Switch Killer (aka Transamerican Killer) (2005) (DVD) - This was not at all what I had planned to watch on Halloween. However, I got started really late and it was going on 2:30AM, so I needed something short before bed. Instead of wasting more time trying to decide between five or six Halloween movies, I said fuck it and grabbed this off my desk (I had ordered the DVD immediately after I saw indrid's post about it and it had been sitting there since it arrived). This movie is super offensive and I'm shocked the MPAA let it by with an R-rating. That said, I really got a kick out of it. I especially liked how they faked Casablanca (filming their own no-budget version to play on the TV). In between the cheesy melodrama and constant stripper routines, the killer has such an intense look that the slasher sequences are really quite frightening! If you're a fan of strippers, slashings, chainsaws, and all-around bad taste, this is the movie for you.

As a bonus, I watched Vinegar Syndrome's blu-ray of The Laughing Dead on November 1st, which happened to take place on Dia De Los Muertos. Happy accident.

Anyway, that's it for the year.

Final Tally:
    1. Girls School Screamers (1985)
    2. No One Gets Out Alive (2021)
    3. Welcome To The Blumhouse: Black As Night (2021)
    4. Coming Home In The Dark (2021)
    5. Tales From The Darkside: The Movie (1990)
    6. Welcome To The Blumhouse: Bingo Hell (2021)
    7. Blades (1989)
    8. Lost After Dark (2015)
    9. The Ghosting (1992)
    10. Midnight (1982)
    11. A Day Of Judgment (1981)
    12. Death On Demand (2008)
    13. Creepshow: Season 2 Episodes 4 & 5 "Pipe Screams / Within The Walls Of Madness" & "Night Of The Living Late Show"
    14. Escape Room: Tournament Of Champions (2021)
    15. Auntie Lee's Meat Pies (1992)
    16. Eli Roth's History Of Horror Season 3 Episode 1 "Sequels That Don't Suck"
    17. There's Someone Inside Your House (2021)
    18. V/H/S/94 (2021)
    19. American Horror Story: Double Feature Part 2: Death Valley Episode 8 "Inside"
    20. House Of Death (aka Death Screams) (1982)
    21. Welcome To The Blumhouse: The Manor (2021)
    22. House Of Wax (2005)
    23. Welcome To The Blumhouse: Madres (2021)
    24. Slugs (1988)
    25. Eli Roth's History Of Horror Season 3 Episode 2 "Infections"
    26. Midnight Mass Episodes 1 - 4 "Book I: Genesis" "Book II: Psalms" "Book III: Proverbs" "Book IV: Lamentations"
    27. Killer Camp Season 2 Episode 1 "A Smashing Sequel"
    28. Hallow's End (2003)
    29. The Walking Dead Season 11 Episodes 7 & 8 "Promises Broken" & "For Blood"
    30. Devil's Night (aka Left For Dead) (2007)
    31. Have A Nice Weekend (1975)
    32. Sorority Kill (1974)
    33. Chucky Episode 1 "Death By Misadventure"
    34. Day Of The Dead Episode 1 "The Thing In The Hole"
    35. The Caretaker (2008)
    36. The Disappointments Room (2016)
    37. Midnight Mass Episodes 5 - 7 "Book V: Gospels" "Book VI: Act Of The Apostles" "Book VII: Revelation"
    38. Evil Breed: The Legend Of Samhain (2003)
    39. American Horror Story: Double Feature Part 2: Death Valley Episode 9 "Blue Moon"
    40. I Know What You Did Last Summer Episodes 1 & 2 "It's Thursday" & "It's Not Just For Dog Shit"
    41. Halloween Kills (2021)
    42. You Season 3 Episodes 1 - 5 "And They Lived Happily Ever After" "So I Married An Axe Murderer" "Missing White Woman Syndrome" "Hands Across Madre Linda" "Into The Woods"
    43. Alone In The Dark (1982)
    44. I Know What You Did Last Summer Episodes 3 & 4 "A Gorilla Head Will Not Do" & "Hot Shrimp Salad"
    45. Slumber Party Massacre (2021)
    46. Killer Camp Season 2 Episode 2 "Don't Lose Your Head"
    47. Deadly Friend (1986)
    48. You Season 3 Episodes 6 - 10 "W.O.M.B." "We're All Mad Here" "Swing And A Miss" "Red Flag" "What Is Love?"
    49. Superstition (1982)
    50. Old (2021)
    51. Chucky Episode 2 "Give Me Something Good To Eat"
    52. Happy Hell Night (1992)
    53. The Night House (2020)
    54. Night Teeth (2021)
    55. Eli Roth's History Of Horror Season 3 Episode 3 "Psychics"
    56. Tower Of Terror (1997)
    57. American Horror Story: Double Feature Part 2: Death Valley Episode 10 "The Future Perfect"
    58. I Know What You Did Last Summer Episode 5 "Mukbang"
    59. Just Beyond Episodes 1 - 4 "Leave Them Kids Alone" "Parents Are From Mars, Kids Are From Venus" "Which Witch" "My Monster"
    60. Day Of The Dead Episode 2 "Chum"
    61. Night Of The Living Dead (1968)
    62. Party Crasher: My Bloody Birthday (2000)
    63. The Simpsons "Treehouse Of Horror XXXII"
    64. Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers (1988)
    65. The Mothman Prophecies (2002)
    66. Halloween 5: The Revenge Of Michael Myers (1989)
    67. Prey (2021)
    68. Under Wraps (2021)
    69. Trick (2019)
    70. Eli Roth's History Of Horror Season 3 Episode 4 "Apocalyptic Horror"
    71. Chucky Episode 3 "I Like To Be Hugged"
    72. Dark Night Of The Scarecrow (1981)
    73. And You Thought Your Parents Were Weird! (1991)
    74. The Addams Family 2 (2021)
    75. Clownhouse (1989)
    76. Nobody Sleeps In The Woods Tonight 2 (2021)
    77. Just Beyond Episodes 5 & 6 "Unfiltered" & "We've Got Spirits, Yes We Do"
    78. Muppets Haunted Mansion (2021)
    79. Trick Or Treats (1982)
    80. Paranormal Activity: Next Of Kin (2021)
    81. Double, Double, Toil And Trouble (1993)
    82. Nightbooks (2021)
    83. I Know What You Did Last Summer Episode 6 "Least You Had A Spare"
    84. Night Of The Demons (1988)
    85. Eli Roth's History Of Horror Season 3 Episode 5 "Holiday Horror"
    86. Just Beyond Episodes 7 & 8 "Standing Up For Yourself" & "The Treehouse"
    87. Night Of The Demons 2 (1994)
    88. The Hollow (2004)
    89. Michael Jackson's Thriller (1983)
    90. Night Of The Demons 3 (1997)
    91. Switch Killer (aka Transamerican Killer) (2005)

8. f0t0z00m

f0t0z00m Active Member

19. The Little Vampire (2000)

My wife discovered this one and its very cute. She likes the family friendly lighter comedies. We enjoyed this one a lot. Interesting Vampire story where the vamps are actually the good guys. Loved the vast open scenery of Scotland and the castles. Perfect setting for Vampires flying around. Good cast and the vamps had cool costumes.

20. Spaced Invaders (1990)

Fun comedy where dimwitted martians pick up a small town radio broadcast of war of the wars and think they are joining an invasion of earth. Takes place on Halloween night and the little Martians are mistaken for trick or treaters. Watched this on Halloween night and we enjoyed it.

indrid13, hots4, fattyjoe37 and 3 others like this.
  9. f0t0z00m

f0t0z00m Active Member

Another Fan of Jason Goes to Hell here. Watched it for the first time in 2019. Will definitely rewatch again at some point.

indrid13, hots4 and Kim Bruun like this.
  10. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

You're an inspiration! I only managed 21 films and 8 half hour episodes.

This thread is one of the best things about October. It's right up there with jack-o-lanterns, decorations, and trick or treating for me. The season wouldn't be the same without it.

CPT HOOK, Rocker10, Natas and 2 others like this.
  11. f0t0z00m

f0t0z00m Active Member

Yeah this thread has become for me an annual tradition I look forward to every year.

Rocker10, Natas, indrid13 and 3 others like this.
  12. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Another fan for Jason hell here, I can understand why people don't like it. But for me I like they did something different, he's an undead killer that gives a lot of scope in my book, and the gore! This is what I'd always wanted in a slasher and this delivered! When he split that girl in two I giggled like a fucking baby. It will always feature highly for me for that scene alone, but it's not a one trick pony, there's plenty more to enjoy!

13. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

If you liked the film, I don't believe you will be disappointed by the show.

f0t0z00m and indrid13 like this.
  14. indrid13

indrid13 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Movie # 56:
    Munster, Go Home! (1966)

When I was a kid I really loved the show. Having watched it recently, it didn't hold up for me sadly. The movie is fun and I prefer it over the show.

[​IMG]

Movie # 57:
    Night of the Demons 2 (1994)
    Scarecrow Video Psychotronic Challenge Guideline:
    30. MARTINI SHOT: Blow off some Challenge steam with a hardy party scene.

Part 2 is a lot of fun, I like it more then the first film.

[​IMG]

Movie # 58:
    Mandy the Doll (2018)

The Boy crossed with Annabelle and Don't Breathe. It's really dumb but kind of a hoot.

[​IMG]

Movie # 59:
    Superstition (1982)

This is such a fun cheesy '80's supernatural slasher film.

Mok, Colin, f0t0z00m and 4 others like this.
  15. indrid13

indrid13 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Movie # 60:
    The Bleeding (2009)
    Scarecrow Video Psychotronic Challenge Guideline:
    31. THAT’S A RAP: Watch one with a rapper-turned-actor in it, even if Samuel L. Jackson does not approve.

Poor man's Vin Diesel, Michael Matthias stars in this incredibly dumb mash up of Blade, The Fast and The Furious and Triple X.

[​IMG]

Movie # 61:
    Happy Hell Night (1992)

I've got a soft spot for this one. I've always found the killer a little creepy.

[​IMG]

Movie # 62:
    Forest of the Damned (2005)

A slumming Tom Savini and some naked monster women. This was a mostly boring people lost in the woods flick.

And that was October. I look forward to this thread every year. Seeing what everybody is watching and reading their reviews is always a blast. Did another Scarecrow challenge. For the most part, I kept my film choices more on the Psychotronic side. Hope everybody had a great Halloween.

16. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I kind of missing posting my movie watching here. I always forget how fun October is on the site.

17. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Both Venom and Hatchet are odd movies. I want to read the Hatchet comics. I'm behind and the comics were released a few years ago. But I'm not a big fan of the Hatchet series. I just like at least the first one for the reasons you don't. The humor. Stuff in the beginning like "Reverend Zombie says" and the stuff on the boat. But Hatchet is mean spirited and I tend not to like that sort of thing. I barely remember the sequels. I actually forgot there was a fourth Hatchet until I checked wiki.

Venom isn't a great movie either. I like the small town thing. But it's one of those horror movies you watch at night. Think it should have potential but doesn't reach great levels. I think I reviewed it here or on the Horror.com forum a while back.

The best thing about both movies are the actresses. They really got the casting right on Venom and the first Hatchet.

Post a review when you watch Open Graves. Sadly it's not a movie I'll ever watch again. I just saved a few pictures of Eliza from the movie.

indrid13 and fattyjoe37 like this.
  18. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Will do. Can't be any worse than The Alphabet Killer, although Eliza is very briefly naked in that one which automatically makes it 3 out of 5 stars no matter what else happens in the movie.

ImmortalSlasher and indrid13 like this.
  19. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I have Alphabet Killer on my list and still haven't seen it. 3/5 is high though if the movie is bad. I wouldn't give any movie a 3/5 just for a good nude scene.

20. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Oof. I don't wanna get your hopes up too much for the brief nudity; it's really not that good of a scene, blink-and-you-miss-it. You get hotter Eliza in Bring it On, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and The New Guy. But I still say the presence of a topless Eliza Dushku, even for a split second, still earns a move that 3/5 rating.