Terrifier (Blu-Ray + DVD) - Clown Slasher

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by CPT HOOK, Mar 20, 2018.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A blu-ray + DVD combo release is available the same day as VOD (March 27th). Both discs are region free and pressed (I asked the company).

This is based on the anthology segment from All Hallows' Eve.

The disc release is currently on sale for $14.99 (down from regular price $19.99).

Purchase here: https://epic-pictures.com/merchandise/terrifier-dvd--blu-ray-2-disc-pack

2. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Nice! I really enjoy All Hallows Eve. Looking forward to this, looks great!

3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

That clowns insane "smile", is just hilarious :D
    Hope it delivers the goods.

4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I saw this in the theatre last week during it's very limited run and can only recommend it if you're watching it on Halloween with a group of people. As a movie story-wise/production quality-wise it's pretty fucking terrible and stretched so thin it seems like a short film stretched to feature length (and I know it's already itself based on/a continuation of a previous short film as is [of the same name] and the Art the Clown character also appears in the director's previous feature All Hallow's Eve). It's also highly predictable and cliched (the plot is every basic slasher/horror film you've ever seen), amateurish, and piss-poorly acted by all but the guy who plays Art the Clown - who to the film's credit is quite creepy and a character I would watch in another (better) movie. The only other positive is the practical gore effects which are top notch. But that ain't much when adding up the sum of its parts. So I wouldn't recommend this for a blind buy, but if it's something that appeals to you catch it on streaming first if available.

Steel76 likes this.
  5. CPT HOOK

Crap. Already ordered. :(

6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

The trailer looks decent - I hold out hope I'll enjoy it with low expectations

7. CPT HOOK

They gave it a good review in the HorrorHound magazine I got in the mail today, but they always give everything a good review.

8. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

So many of these movies (that ends up being crap) get high praise on lots of horror review sites. Just look at the quotes in the trailer.
    Either they get paid, or they don't want to give the movies a bad review, and risk not getting any more free review copies

I'll watch it, but keeping my expectations VERY low. Been burned way too many times lately.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I'll stick my 2 pennies in, I watched it last night and really enjoyed it.

If your after a deep plot or social commentary then stay away, otherwise this is perfect.

I thought the acting was perfectly serviceable, certainly not awful.

I did not think it was predictable, you can normally tell who will live and who will die and I got it wrong here.

Mayor pluses for ne:

The clown was fantastic, creepy, menacing and no words spoken.

The gore, physical effects, well done and fucking brutal.

I will certainly be up for purchasing a blu.

I'd recommend people here supporting it, I don't think you would be disappointed.

10. CPT HOOK

11. CPT HOOK

MorallySound's review sort of rock-bottomed by expectations, which is a good thing because it ended up being surprisingly decent. I mean, it's incredibly basic and exactly what the trailer looks like, but I enjoyed it for the most part. I do think it's a little too front-loaded, as the first half is really effective but it kind of runs out of steam for the second half. They used a really bland ugly location, and it takes place almost entirely there, so it's not the most visually interesting movie either. But it certainly delivers on the gore, and the first half is a rather tense and fun little cat-and-mouse movie. The second half is pretty much a rehash of everything we had just seen, but the movie was way too short and briskly paced for me to get bored with it. I had fun and I'm happy with my purchase. Worth checking out for the slasher movie fans out there.

If nothing else, it's LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than All Hallows' Eve.

fceurich39 likes this.
  12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Since I love most clown horror movies I guess I gotta get this. I did enjoy the All Hallows Eve Segment with Art the Clown but that was it. Also got the Killer Klowns from outer space new Arrow USA release coming in the mail soon.

13. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Received the BD last weekend. Great little slasher. I really enjoy All Hallows Eve (aside from the Aliens segment), and had high hopes for this one. It was a great 80s throwback. And it was nice to get my BD from Epic in a box as opposed to the usual jiffy envelope.

fceurich39 likes this.