tales of the crypt

Discussion in 'General' started by adric, Jun 18, 2004.

1. adric

adric New Member

i know some of you are or have friends in teh film industry and stuff and i wanted to know if you have heard anything on a tales of the crypt box set or something along those lines...

2. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Tales From The Crypt you mean? :evil:

4. adric

adric New Member

yea tales from the crypt. at least you knew what i meant. and thanx for the link for the region 2s

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yep I knew, just messin' with ya! :evil:

6. puddytay

puddytay Guest

I did lots of research on this either 1 or 2 years ago. I went though several people including the artist, and John Kassir the voice of the crypt keeper. They both told me that neither had been contacted with any regards to a dvd release. John said he would be interested in doing some commentaries for the episodes. So I presume if hbo was smart they would get him to do some if they were going to do a set. The artist, I forgot his name told me that he thinks the rights to this series are in limbo. He said when he was working on the show many different people owned percentages of the show. Including bob zemeksis, crypt comics or something like that, and hbo.

My personal opinion is that the contact for this show must have only made its way up to laser disc. So for anything after that the contract has to be renewed. Meaning hbo would probably have to pay both zemeksis and the tales from the crypt fondation to put out anything else. Its possible hbo just doesn't want to pay that kinda of money for a full set. You have to remember this show wasn't just any show. They used a ton of celebrities. Some might have asked for royalties to re runs and such. This is more money hbo just might not want to dish out. There were 39 episodes on a set of 13 vhs tales issued out, and 3 more tapes with 2 more unique episode. I allways found it weird they didn't released them all. Because they had several more episodes with big stars they didn't issue out.

Don't buy these region 2,3,4 crap. These are bootlegs trust me! The quality is just good vhs or worse. If you look on and ebay you can find a complete set it around 8.5 quality, you prob can find it for under 100 dollars on 22 discs. A freind and I made them around 2 summers ago. I traded it to like 2 people and now thousands apon thousands of people have it. That kinda makes me mad. I would still like to redue seasons 6,7 on my set because they arent as good as the rest but unfortunately people stopped watching the show, so no one taped it.
    They moved the show to england for all of season 7. Many people hated that but there are several episodes that I enjoy from that season.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2004