Stuart Gordon's new horror film called Stuck now on dvd 10-14-08

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Oct 14, 2008.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

well more of a thriller than horror but was pretty good and has good special effects i picked it up at walmart check it out!!!

hopefully house of reanimator sees the light of day cause gordon still hasn't lost his touch with this film

2. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

I rented this movie and can't wait to see it. Loved Gordon's last two movies. (King of the Ants & Edmond) He has a better track record than Yuzna. I'm game for another Re-Animator, but the premise seems a little silly.

3. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I picked up the Blu-Ray earlier. The event this film is based on happened a few years ago right up the road in Fort Worth, and was all over the news for quite awhile. Agreed on King of the Ants and Edmond. With those two, he's gotten into a fresh, more serious period of his career, and this film appears to continue down that path.

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Saw this over the summer in the theater on a double bill with MOTHER OF TEARS.It's not exactly true to the actual events of the story it's based on but it is a fairly disturbing picture,solidly done.

5. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Looking forward to this. Thanks for the reminder, fceurich. Will add to my netflix and bump to the top.

6. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I liked it. Not sure if it is as good as the other two recent Gordon films (definitely not as good as Edmond), but still worthy. Stephen Rea and Mena Suvari own their scenes. This is solid black humor and never forced or campy. I just find it a bit slight to sustain a feature. I expect it will sit well with me, though.

Sidebar: This was shot near where I live in Canada. I know three of the performers and a lot of the crewmembers. It was cool to see these people working with Gordon, but most of them hadn't a fucking clue who he was or what films he had made, which irritates me.

7. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

It just got a good write-up in the new Rue Morgue. This is definitely one I'll be checking out.

8. pacinofan

pacinofan Member

We must live in the same city. My avatar is a picture of me and Gordon taken when he was in town shooting Stuck. Oddly enough, the movie was filmed here, but I can;t find it for sale anywhrere!

9. indiephantom

That's cool. I'm from NB and lived in Fredericton when this was shot, but I'm in Ottawa now. I was surprised to see so many familiar faces in front of and behind the camera. Was there a public screening in SJ?

10. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Saw this one a few weeks ago. While enjoyable and entertaining, I'm not sure how well it would stand up on repeat viewings, its an interesting story but it also moves quite slowly. Definitely very good the first time around though, recommended.

11. Clayton

Clayton New Member

I really enjoyed this but I agree it most likely wouldn't stand up to multiple viewings. I love the strays from the actual story it changes the tone and really makes it something else entirely.

12. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Just finished watching it, my girlfriend and I both REALLY enjoyed it. The humour worked well, the tension was great and it kept going exactly where I hoped it would. Very brutal, but in a good way. It's one of the most enjoyable flicks I've seen in awhile.

13. pacinofan

pacinofan Member

Unfortunately not. Still, of the few films that have been filmed in New Brunswick, this was the one I was most (at all) excited about. I plan on taking a trip to the US this weekend and picking up the Blockbuster exclusive 2-disc edition though

14. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Just finished watching this a second time with the Gordon commentary. Loved this movie! I was rooting for poor Rea. Didn't know Amicus was involved with the production. I'll be getting the 2-disc set soon.

15. pacinofan

pacinofan Member

Does the regular non-BB DVD have special features?

16. indiephantom

The copy I rented had no extras. :(

17. pacinofan

pacinofan Member

Was it from Blockbuster? In Canada?

18. indiephantom

Yeah, it was.

19. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Fun little movie, and good to see Mena's Suvaris again. Excellent use of taking a real-life situation and making it more cinematic (the real ending to this story would not make for good entertainment)

Still, can someone explain to me how Stuart Gordon's films go mostly straight-to-DVD when a lot of talentless hacks get their crummy remakes into wide release?

20. jefff

jefff Guest

This was a fantastic movie. Anyone who hasn't seen it should go out and rent or buy it NOW! Support Stuart, one of the best modern filmmakers working in our genre. He always does interesting and unique projects, and this one is no exception.