Soulseek Movies

Discussion in 'General' started by adric, Jun 24, 2004.

1. adric

adric New Member

i was looking on soulseek to find some good movies to dl and couldnt find any. i was wondering if any of you had any good ol' horror movies to dl. if you do message me my user name is adric.(i prolly have something someone would want)

2. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

i'm pretty sure soulseek is a music P2P application..

3. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

4. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

:lol:

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I haven't found too much on there, it is mostly music. That said I did get Bunuel and Dali's UN CHIEN ANDALOU, which was a nice find. Other than that I've used bittorrent for most of my downloads.

6. adric

adric New Member

yea its hard to find movies on soulseek but ive gotten a few good ones from there. just need to ask the right people

7. adric

adric New Member

is bittorrent good for movies? were can i dl it from?

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

You can download a good client here. Bittorrent isn't like Soul Seek or Kazaa, it isn't a program. You need to find different sites with trackers to grab torrents from. Two good sites are Suprnova (no I didn't spell that wrong) which has all kinds of stuff and Crazy Mazey's which has more horror but is currently down.

9. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Is the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 on any of these? I've never downloaded a film before, but don't see the need to buy it expensive off of ebay for a bootleg.

10. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

dunno, ive found some interesting stuff so you may well find it boo.

I spend a wad of cash every month on dvds so i figure if theres a movie i'm not sure of I am within my rights to download it to check it out.. dvds are sold at an inflated price due to piracy.. so i figure part of the price i pay for a dvd goes towards piracy. so i download my fair share off the internet to compensate.

If they work out some way to completely erradicate piracy.. and lower their prices.. i'd be happy with that

11. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Haha actually I snagged the Producer's Cut off of the Crazy Mazey site not too long ago. It isn't up anymore though, as the tracker crashed (like I mentioned above). There is a forum where you can request a reseeding of it, and I'm sure someone will be willing to help you out (myself included, once somebody gets the ball rolling).

12. Jeffrey Dahmer

Jeffrey Dahmer New Member

DC++ is always the best source for any possible movies... There is many many servers dedicated to horror there and you can find almost everything that fancy you... Except, Crazey Matey have been showing alot of activity in releasing really rare movies barely anyone heard about (like, lately, I've downloaded from there "They Don't Cut The Grass Anymore"). Anyway, I really never heard of this and it was totally ridiculous. Some people I know here are fans of this type of over-the-top nonsense, I'll say this is your place to find this kind of really rare movies.

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I had DC++ for a little while but could never get any searches after I connected to a hub. I may download it again, but I'm not too sure. How fast did the downloads get?

14. Jeffrey Dahmer

Depend, it work on user to user only... No multisourcing... I get good speed anyway, you discover who you can download from and who's having too long queue list. Anyway, when I download a movie, I'm not expecting to watch it 2 hours later, even if it sometimes happen it take only this. But still, the 100k + speed download are rare.

It depend what you want either way, DC++ give you access to everything you can think of. Others just offer you fast download for latest releases mostly. I prefer downloading old movies and buying the new releases in respect for those who have made it.

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Understandable. I may give it a shot at some point. Thanks for the tip. Do you have any specific hubs that you frequently use for me to look out for?

16. Jeffrey Dahmer

Well, there is many, but let's be specific. For horror movies :`

kisahubben.homeip.net
    heaven1.sytes.net:6969 (bigger but not as good as the first here)
    horror.hopto.org (again, not as good as the two previous)

Those three are your best stop for horror movies.

Don't forget, if you are behind a firewall or a router, you got to put yourself in passive mode. Elseway, it won't work.

Add to this one or two gigantic hubs with about everything in them such as

pdox-1.tropico.se (my favorite, but require giant share, now at 90 gigs minimum... It shows with a total of 550 Terabytes shared in the hub)
    pdox-4.tropico.se
    zumpa.no-ip.com
    czpro.no-ip.com
    bbbxp.mine.nu:23