Skinned Deep 2004

Discussion in 'General' started by shift, May 18, 2005.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Blood Ranch ...the plot structure and wackiness is very similar. It seemed like the unofficial sequel to Skinned Deep.

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Cover art looks like fun:
    [​IMG]

Guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for that one :)

3. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I read a review of Blood Ranch that says there is almost no blood and very little ranch. I have no clue, as I haven't seen it, but who knows.

And as for Skinned Deep... One of the first movies that earned a, "That movie was F@#KING STUPID", quote from my girlfriend. Haha. She also used that quote to describe See No Evil.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

There's some blood and dismemberment...just don't expect torrents of blood and gore here. What the movie excells on is its scenes of pure weirdness! It's not a film to take seriously, but to have fun with. And it's packed to the brim with cheese galore.

Spoilers ahead, but...

A grown muscular man in a bunny halloween face-mask, and wearing overalls...who blabbers on and on like a child, masturbating with a victim's dead hand in front of another female victim!

Another grown man in nothing but underpants, trying to explain the details of photosynthesis (or something!) to a bound victim...while he precariously keeps throwing darts into the back of his buddy/family member.

Vernon Wells faking a Suwthun' accent and involved in the most bizarre "go kick him in the balls!" Mexican standoff in ages...

5. Luna

Luna Guest

Oh my. This goes on the "to check out" list for sure. Did Captain Sensible do any music for this one? :D

6. nullman

nullman Member

So I'm guessing Skinned Deep is worth a blind buy for $7 if I loved Troll 2?

7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Blood Ranch seems to want to bring the Skinned Deep craziness, but it doesn't get in the neighborhood of that kind of crazy. To do so, it would have needed a lot more blood and gore to the proceedings. Blood Ranch is pretty low on blood, which is strange considering it is called Blood Ranch. That's just straight up false advertising. In addition, the cast and crew failed because they didn't do nearly enough drugs to pull it off. They just said no when they should have just said yes, yes, yes. Pity, because a few of the ideas could have worked if only they were fucked up enough to really sell the crazy.

Besides, no Brain Guy, no sale.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2006
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member