Skinned Deep 2004

Discussion in 'General' started by shift, May 18, 2005.

1. Luna

Luna Guest

Indeed! :banana:

Er, carry on with movie talk...

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I was going to remake a point that he didn't do the whole soundtrack and that they just show him a bit in the documentary, but I don't think it matters. If Captain Sensible is involved at all, you guys are too. Period. I know how that level of fan devotion works.

In other news, this picture of Big Brain Dude makes me smile inside. He's so fabulous. I feel the need to watch some of the movie again...right now.

3. Luna

Luna Guest

All I need is that one little clip and I'm so there. :lol:

Big Brain Dude cracks me up. I can't wait to see this! :banana:

4. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Yeah I just got this, skimmed through it, although I may not have "SKIMMED DEEP" enough, but Warwick Davis looks hilarious, and that scene where he's taunting the old guy, so he takes off his shirt to fight him, HAHA. This one looks craptacular!

5. Luna

Luna Guest

Guess who got Skinned Deep today.......

:banana:

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Thank goodness! I was beginning to think Netflix had you on some special level of Very Long Wait never before known to man. The big brain dude love shouldn't be contained like that.

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Just done watching and I enjoyed it!
    When I first saw the family driving in their van I was expecting them to sing Row Row Row Your Boat any minute :lol: Not sure if the makers of this film inhaled any drugs while filming but damn, this was trippy. Surreal cheese at it's finest. Haven't seen anything like this since A Night To Dismember :D

8. Luna

Luna Guest

WOW, so I finally saw this one last night. I don't even know where to begin, except to say that this movie is in that very special category reserved for movies like Troll 2. Brain Guy (that's Brian!) killed me. From his very first line to his last --
    brain blocks spilling out of his head and spelling out LOVE... and soon, HATE
    -- he truly made the movie. Not to say the other people weren't fun too, because ohh, they were. Warwick Davis and his plates, the old lady, the old man at the end! There's just so much to laugh about here. I think my brain broke when the
    streaking
    happened, while I was trying to pay attention to Brain's Theme by Captain Sensible... how could I possibly concentrate?? And the story behind it... even better! Poor Brain Guy! :lol:

Great recommendation! Thanks again, onebyone! :lol:

Oh, and... hey. :lol:

9. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

You know, when the family's ride got a flat tire at the beginning of the film, they could have just put the spare on and drove off. End of film. Cue the closing credits.........yeah, the ones with just the girl screaming on a continuous loop with no musical accompaniment for what seems like half an hour. :eek2:

Then again, I'm probably under the false impression that this was scripted without the aid of copious amounts of alcohol. So, I should cut it some slack.

There were moments to cherish. Senior citizens, often left out in this youth-served society of ours, getting some major screentime. Including the highlight of "Shakes" warding off plate-fu attacks
    and beheading puddytay's idol with his bare hands.
    That scene alone was worth Netflix paying its staff members to find, package, and mail this gem to me.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  10. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Uh-oh. Someone is NOT happy with Agent Z's review.

[​IMG]

Run for your life man!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2005
  11. Luna

Luna Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

12. shift

shift Hot as shit!

shit.. Still have not gotten around to rich this sucker. So what you guys rate it out of 5 stars, and 5 stars meaning @ best.??

13. Luna

Luna Guest

On the cheese scale, I give it 5 stars. :lol:

If you liked Troll 2, you should like this one as well... on that level.

14. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

[​IMG]

I liked it! I liked it! Call him off, PLEASE! :lol:

*stashing some dinner plates into his backpack...just in case*

15. kyouki

kyouki Guest

Wow! This movie was something else. I can almost guarantee that if you like the special sort of movie Troll 2 is, you will enjoy this one. There are so many classic moments in this film. The gore was extremely (surpisingly) well done and there were so many actual laugh-out-loud moments.

I'm going to watch it again next weekend, and I can't wait to listen to the commentary track!

16. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

My favourite thing about this movie is the horrible dubbing and dialogue. Just classic stuff!! Especially every word that came out of Granny's mouth. :lol:

17. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

i must say this was of a rare quality, when I watched it I felt the sense it would have made a great drive-in flick, it has the atmosphere and the cheesyness. Good job.

18. kyouki

kyouki Guest

I'm pretty disappointed. :( The movie was great and I was expecting the commentary track to be something special. Unfortunately, it was perhaps the driest track I've ever listened to. There's so much to explain in the movie (so many "Why did you do this" questions to ask) yet the director/writer doesn't say anything about most of the scenes except for the very obvious. The worst part is they call the director of photography halfway into the movie and have to explain what is happening in the movie to him so he can comment. The commentary track from then on is pretty much:

Director: "Oh, this is where he's running through that tunnel."
    DOP: "Is that before the part where Surgeon General jumps on the table?"
    Director: "No, we passed that part already."
    DOP: "Oh, that part was cool."

I mean, there's so much crazy stuff going on in this movie, this should have been the best commentary track ever. :(

19. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

I finally got around to renting this, but have yet to view it. I'm really looking forward to this. Bring on the cheese!

20. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I just saw this flick last week and I felt it was pure genius. Haven't stopped thinking of it. Love the highway scene! and Brian (aka Brain) was hilarious. Warwick Davis is as fucking weird as ever. The whole thing is a big icky, beautiful pile of filthy gooey fun and one of the best freakshows in years. This is worthy of midnight cult status as a kind of cross between John Waters and Tobe Hooper. It's their freakin' lovechild. :glasses: