Skinned Deep 2004

Discussion in 'General' started by shift, May 18, 2005.

1. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Looks very intersting!!

[​IMG]

flat tire in the middle of nowhere forces the Rockwell family to seek help at a nearby ramshackle diner. Unfortunately, the restaurant is run by a group of cannibal mutants.

Starring: Warwick Davis, Forrest J. Ackerman
    ============

2. dmeister

dmeister New Member

Think of a low-budget remake of House of 1000 Corpses, complete with its own Dr. Death Cyborg character. They did have enough originality to add their own plate-throwing ninja-dwarf, though.

dmeister

3. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

This movie is fucking horrible. I'm sorry I wasted the time downloading it. Stupid is all I can say. Could pass for a movie in France. Contains no nudity except an ugly male with a large head which looks like a brain but is filled with green goo and baby letter blocks, a really stupid family with an ugly, fat, stupid father, an ugly, fat, stupid, and really annoying mother, and two dumbass kids, an old woman with the acting skill of an omlette, a gang of old bikers, a plate throwing midget (already covered in the previous post), a headless and musclebound wizard of oz, about 4 sets (one of which is a room covered in newspaper...OOO SCARY!), and finally an opening with someone getting "skinned deep" burned into their ugly, fat, freckled flesh.

4. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I rented this tonight because Movie Gallery is full of idiots who can't seem to use my $3 off "Real Players Rewards" as $3 off, so I had to get a rental. The back cover has some gore on it and it looks ok, so I'll give it a watch tonight.

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I rented it earlier at Dumbbuster, who raised their rental prices on Tuesday. I'm sure I'll be sorry I rented it...but maybe, just maybe not.

6. shift

shift Hot as shit!

It a fangoria release or thats what it says on the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Katatonia

Okay, I finally watched it last night. It's not terrible but it's pretty damn bad. The story often makes absolutely no sense at all, and some of the scenes are just incredibly stupid and clich├ęd.

It's okay to watch once, but I'd just as soon watch a TCM sequel.

8. dmeister

dmeister New Member

* SPOILERS *

Which part, the part where the blocks spill out of the guy's head and crawl across the floor, the part where the alien parasite is piloting the headless carnival act, or the part where the geriatric chapter of Hell's Angels keeps showing up to get their asses kicked?

dmeister

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  9. Katatonia

All of the above! And this scene was just bizarre:

The male "Brain" character with the huge brainy head contraption running completely naked through the city streets.

10. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

This pretty much sucked. Once the brain guy came in I just about fuckin' gave up. OK gore, though.

But, the old guy fighting the midget scene was fucking great. It must be a cinematic first, a senior citizen ripping the head off a midget.

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I am just going to have to disagree with you guys on this one. If you are looking for a quality, scary, serious horror movie, this is not for you. If you are looking for a slice of crazy weird B-movie cheese (with oddly excellent gore), this is like the jackpot, assuming of course that you have already seen Troll 2. The whole time I was watching this, I don't think I was ever not smiling or laughing as it was all just so hilarious. Hell, the credits even made me laugh. I enjoyed it down to the credits. It reminded me of the kind of whacked out film Full Moon used to put out back in the day when they were awesome. In other words, it has been a long time since there has been a new film even close to this odd and fun. Too long. I am glad to have this one. I love it in approximately 472 different ways.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2005
  12. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Well if it gets that much loving from you, I'll have to pick it up!
    I'll let you know if it will make me want to love you in that many ways, or not.

13. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

P.S. What are the features like?

14. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

This sounds pretty crazy. I'll probably rent it some time if I ever happen to come across it.

15. Katatonia

It did kind of remind me of Troll 2 at times in it's atmosphere and zaniness, but I just didn't think it worked anywhere near as well as Troll 2 mastered.

16. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I haven't listened to the commentary yet. The only other feature is a 22 minute behind the scenes featurette that is very informative and not at all fluff. Also, there is a quick clip of The Damned, as Captain Sensible did some work for the soundtrack, and Warwick Davis getting his arm bitten off by a dog, because that is just the kind of movie this is. The funniest part was finding out that (very small, just barely a spoiler here)
    giant brain dude was arrested right after filming the scene where he went streaking through Times Square.
    Any film that would even cause me to write that sentence is ok by me.

Also, in reading more about the movie today, I saw that the director/writer/producer, Gabriel Bartalos, worked on the make up and special effects for a lot of great horror movies, including one of my favorites, Brain Damage. I guess this helps to explain why, in the midst of this obviously low budget movie, there is all this most excellent gore.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2005
  17. Luna

Luna Guest

Ahhhh, my main reason for wanting to rent this DVD.

Why must it be very long wait? Damn you to hell, Netflix! :cry:

18. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

I almost picked this one up to rent the other day, but made the mistake of getting Asylum of the Damned instead. Needless to say I was dissapointed and now realize that Madhouse was not too bad. No Session 9, but not bad. Now that I hear about this Damned / Capn' Sensible association with Skinned Deep, I'm simply there.

19. Luna

Luna Guest

[​IMG]
    Captain Sensible commands you to see this film!

20. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

AAhhh! Sensible Beauty...Perfection.