Skinned Alive Coming to BD 9/15

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by f.ramses, Aug 18, 2020.

1. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Just found out that a pre-order for Skinned Alive went up today: https://makeflix.com/collections/skinned-alive

It's a little expensive ($35) and I probably should have revisited it first but I remember it being fun so I ordered one and will look forward to revisiting it in HD. There's an option to get the soundtrack CD bundled in for $5 extra and if you pre-order you get a BD-R with a 16:9 version as well + there's a free shipping option.

[​IMG]

Katatonia and russweiss like this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

So the Blu-ray + DVD for this one are pressed discs, and then for a limited time you get a bonus MOD BD-R with the film in 16x9 widescreen?

I saw it years ago, and it was pretty entertaining... but I'm not sure it's worth $35. It looks like shipping is free at least.

3. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Yeah, I'm so used to seeing and saying "pressed" that I had to look up what exactly "replicated" meant before I ordered but this seems to be the case, the BD and the DVD are pressed and then the bonus disc is BD-R. No idea about the CD though.
    Pretty much all I remember about this one was putting it on expecting it to be crappy but being very surprised by how entertained I was, I barely remember any actual details from the movie or how I saw it but I'm guessing it was on VHS.

4. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Looks like these shipped a little early as mine showed up yesterday. The package was practically destroyed but fortunately there was only minor damage to the slipcover so I guess I got lucky. This was a pretty enjoyable revisit for me and I thought it looked pretty good. Here are some caps:

4:3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16:9
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Christy, Katatonia and russweiss like this.
  5. Christy

Christy Active Member

Wait is this a bdr or pressed discs??⁰

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

The discs in the set are pressed (BD and DVD with 4:3 version) but people who pre-ordered got an extra disc that was a BD-R (16:9 version).