Sigourney Weaver vs. Jamie Lee Curtis

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by hotbodynick, Sep 24, 2010.

?

Jamie Lee Curtis vs. Sigourney Weaver

Poll closed Oct 8, 2010.
  1. Jamie Lee Curtis

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Sigourney Weaver

26 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. hotbodynick

hotbodynick New Member

In the interest of saving everybody ten bucks and 90 minutes of their time, instead of sitting through You Again, who kicks more ass?

(I'm personally torn -- having Sigourney and Jamie Lee in a movie together only to find out it's potentially a PG crapfest??! I may end up shelling out just to see it anyway.)

2. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I love Jamie Lee and she definitely wins if the contest is to see who can create the most effective distraction set to a John Hiatt tune. On the other hand Ripley is more baddass than an entire squad of Colonial Marines. She took on an Alien Queen...and won.

3. hotbodynick

hotbodynick New Member

What?! Do I have rotten crotch? Nobody on here is going to justify their answer? Weak sauce.

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Sigourney Weaver would knock the fuck out of Jamie Lee Curtis. Nuff said.

5. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Both are talented but I've always liked Jamie Lee more.Weaver reminds me of my sister in law,so that's a negative.In terms of toughness,well,Weaver usually plays the tough chick but Jamie Lee always looked sporty.Still,if it came to blows between the two of them that laxative yogurt she scarfs down might come back to haunt her.

6. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

really close call - I finally went with Jamie Lee for her roles in Trading Places (shallow, but there was only a thin line separating them...)

7. Undeadcow

Undeadcow New Member

I always found Jamie Lee Curtis to be annoying; she was cool in Halloween I/II but generally I think she plays too over the top and that grates me.

Sigourney Weaver - there's something about her eyes like she's condescending (but in a kick ass way) or pointing out something ironic with each look; her presence is definitely more immediate than Jamie Lee.

8. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

I think they're both great but because the question is "who kicks more ass" I went with Sigourney, no contest. Jamie seems to play more characters who find themselves in messed up situations which they get out of either through their smarts, someone else's help, or just dumb luck. Now Sigourney? She'll strap on her combat boots and then kick the shit out of whomever or whatever is standing in her way whether it's an alien queen on the rampage, a big-haired Melanie Griffith, or a little, cowering Ben Kingsley.

9. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Both are great but the best body wins. Remember her nude scene in Trading Places? Or the strip-tease in True Lies?

NOTHING
    can
    beat
    that
    body.

10. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Wrong. She died. Cloning sucks ass. :lol:

11. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

I voted for Sigourney...
    If we were to consider their early 80s "heyday"s alone, I might have been tempted to vote for Jamie Lee... but Sigourney has aged much better and I much prefer her recent roles to recent Jamie Lee performances.

12. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Sigourney kicks more ass, and since that's the question it's my answer.
    Jaime is hotter, so if the question had ben "who would you rather fuck", it would've been her. Awesome body, penis or not.

13. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Um... not as a direct result of the battle with the Alien Queen.
    That's like saying that Rocky Marciano never won a bout because he died in 1969.;)

14. rhett

rhett Administrator

Like both these tall broads quite a bit, but ever since I was a kid it's always been Jamie Lee growing up. I credit PERFECT and her epic aerobics scene for forever confirming my love for the female figure. With all the slasher films to her credit, PERFECT, TRUE LIES, A FISH CALLED WANDA, ROAD GAMES, MOTHER'S BOY'S, hell, even FOREVER YOUNG and MY GIRL...there are just way more movies I enjoy with JLC. She's still got tight skin and a beautiful body, I'm wondering why she insists on wearing short, grey hair when she could still very much be a Hollywood looker.

15. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I went with Sigourney. Her role in Ghostbusters was every bit as epic as Jamie's in Halloween, and unlike Jamie Lee in Mother's Boys, Sigourney is as amazing a villain (Snow White: A Tale of Terror, Working Girl) as she is a hero (the Alien films, Gorillas in the Mist). She's been a famous victim, hero, and villain in her career. Sometimes, more than one in the same movie (Ghostbusters again- her Zuul face is still one of the creepiest things I've seen in film history http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaVZdC1BbOE#t=1m43s ). Therefore, I say she has better range and has been blessed with fewer bad roles. And though she's done too many Alien movies, she never appeared in Halloween: Resurrection. That was such a bad move, it almost makes me cancel out Jamie's awesomeness in the end of Halloween: H20 (good damn ending!).

16. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I went with Sigourney, I've loved her in everything I've seen her in so far, but her work as Ellen Ripley has always been an alltime favorite.

17. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

He can't see without his glasses!

18. hotbodynick

hotbodynick New Member

While I voted for Sigourney, I'm second guessing that vote, thinking about how we're all 99% certain that Jamie Lee has constant and regular bowel movements throughout the day. That could either be great because she wouldn't be weighed down while doing battle; but it could be to her disadvantage if she has to stop to drop a deuce every hour or so. Michael Myers would totally off her on the commode -- all he'd need do is wait.

Speaking of Jamie Lee and fecal matters - going off topic here - my wife and I used to have a cat named Jamie Lee Curtis. He used to take a dump and pee on everything we owned. Baby's crib (his favorite litter box), diaper bag, entertainment center. So I ended up giving him away to this bitch at work that I didn't like so she could give him to her kids. Last I ever heard about Jamie Lee he pissed on all of their Christmas presents under the tree. I'm guessing they poisoned his Friskies after that episode.

19. rhett

rhett Administrator

d00d watch out 4 the beez.

20. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Sigourney wins for actually making that b-ball shot in Resurrection.