Shock Corridor considered a horror film?

Discussion in 'General' started by vampyr789, Oct 4, 2013.

1. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

I've never seen Shock Corridor, though I have it on my "To Buy" list. My favorite TV show is American Horror Story, and apparently it's second season, Asylum, is (according to the creator) heavily influenced by this film.

From what I've read it's supposed to be a psychological drama/thriller, but have any of y'all seen it? Is it a horror film or just a really intense drama?

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Haha, I just watched this movie, for the very same reason. It's very good, but certainly no horror film. More of a study of a person going insane by his surroundings. Compelling cinema, just not really horror.

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Twisted psychological film,a descent into madness.The director,Samuel Fuller ,was a much admired cult director.He helmed THE BIG RED ONE.

4. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

Just saw this for the first time a few weeks ago. Damn good movie, but no, it is far from a horror film. It's more of a psychological study of what drives a man to the brink of sanity. It's far from perfect and a little cheesy at certain points, but well worth a watch.