Shadow Puppets

Discussion in 'General' started by dwatts, May 3, 2008.

1. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

[​IMG]

Damn, a new horror film by a Dircetor I don't know, on a relatively low budget, that didn't totally suck. In fact, I actually had a good time with this one. Excuse me while I pick myself up of the floor. :lol:

This is a mix between an old classic and a modern - sort of - maybe a - classic. I'm talking about The Asphyx and The Cube. How's that for a combo?

A woman wakes up in a padded cell. She can't remember her name, or how she got there. Outside her cell door she hears a beast moving along a corridor. Then....click.... her cell door opens.....

Escaping her cell she meets another guy. He's in the same boat - together they set off to find a way out....

And so it goes on, won't ruin too much for you.

Things I liked about it - it's got some good mystery, some tension, and the soundtrack was great. other than a scene or two, the actors also do a pretty good job. The set design and lighting were nice, and I never once wanted to turn it off.

The bad? The CGI is a tad naff, and the plot is a bit silly. But hey, this is a horror flick, I can forgive it that.

However, there is one big flaw, the climax. The final shots are AWFUL. It's like the writer, Director, and CGI people forgot to come in on the final day or something. Which is a real pity, becayse things were going quite well up to then. The idea for the ending I can live with, but the execution doesn't match what else is in the film. Real pity.

But hey - it had me going for 90 minutes, and some of these low budget modern horrors are quite painful. So let's applaud this one and go ahead and recommend it for people who want something new and modern, and don't mind an imperfection or two.

2. Shock Waves

Shock Waves New Member

Thanks for the write up dwatts!
    I am interested just because of the mention of those two movies. I'll be keeping my eyes open for it.

3. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

You should have fun - but don't blame me for the final scenes. :D

4. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

a good movie - would gave it another point if the lead actress gave a little fanservice, what a tease being in the tight shirt the whole flick!

5. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

:lol:

True. And there's no real gore either, so that ought to go against it I suppose. But it had enough to keep me interested.