Shadow In The Cloud (2020)

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Apr 13, 2021.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just released on blu-ray.

I didn't have a lot of expectations for this one, and based on the cover I didn't even realize it was a horror movie.

Chloe Grace Moretz stars as a female pilot in WW2 assigned to an all-male crew, who have some very strong and misogynistic opinions about her being there. During the flight, she realizes there is a gremlin on board the plane, and when none of the men will believe her she is forced to take matters into her own hands.

To be honest, the movie is a bit of a mess, but I have to respect it for taking big swings. The whole concept of taking the wartime gremlin folklore and giving it a feminist "believe women" spin is quite clever and lot of fun.

The first half of the movie is a contained dialogue driven thriller, mostly Moretz on her own dealing with the crew via radio. At a certain point, the movie ditches this and becomes a completely bonkers hyperactive Crank style action movie filled with non-stop explosions and gunfire. All this packed into 83 minutes. Love it or hate it, it's not boring.

I'm sure people will inherently be put-off by the toxic men narrative, but I think it works for this story and the movie wouldn't be as effective without it.

The movie is now available on blu-ray. You can pick it up from Wal-Mart or Amazon for only $14.96.

Anyone else see this yet?

Steel76 likes this.
  2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. That second half is bat shit crazy.

I'm glad I didn't watch the trailer, before I saw the movie. Lot's of spoilers in there.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  3. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I saw part of the trailer a while back. My usual watch a bit of it to see what's going on if it's an unknown movie. I love that old Nightmare at 20,000 Feet Twilight Zone episode so I put this on my rapid watch list.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It's funny that you say that because while I'm not overly familiar with those, they did pop into my mind watching that trailer.

5. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I really like the creature. :) Other than that, this wasn't very good. Some pretty outlandish action. It's that kind of feminist propaganda where in the past, all men were toxic assholes 100% of the time.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah I liked the look of them in the trailer but I don't think I'll watch this. Their depiction of men 100% puts me off.