Severin - Upcoming Blu-Ray releases

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

It was edited a LOT on Night Flight. I was very disappointed when it aired, as I'd seen it theatrically in 3-D a year or two before. I'm kinda surprised you didn't see it that way too, as you often mention seeing a lot of those great 80s theatrical releases.

Agreed. It's certainly more subtle, and the DIY, film-as-you-go nature is readily apparent, but when it's all put together it's just a wonderful film. I hope some of you who were disappointed by the first viewing give it another go sometime in the future. I mean, both movies are absurdist masterpieces, just perfect pastiches of 70s European horror. Eventually, you come to appreciate nearly every single line of dialogue in it. Not just the over-the-top lines about blood of whores, Russia for dopes, and unfortunate positions. I find myself laughing hysterically at subtle inanity like "What good is tea if I don't have the right vegetables to go with it?"

I haven't given the Severin Blu a full viewing since I watched the movie already back in spring on LD, but maybe I'll give it a spin during this Halloween season.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I didn't get to see FLESH/FRANK. theatrically until the mid 2000's when it played in San Francisco at the Castro theater. It was impossible to get access to that film aside from a beat up VHS rental at Werehouse Records in the 80's. As a matter of fact, that was the ONLY place all that era I saw that film for rent. I think it was "Video Gems" clamshell case.