Severed (ZOMBIES) New Film.

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitfire, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Okay, Saw some pictures of this new Zombie movie and read a review on it, it seems like it's going to be pretty good.

Severed: Forest of the dead (2006)

Environmental activists are upset with a major log company for destroying the forest and apparently, so is the forest. Soon, a horrible
    infection starts to spread caused by the sap from a tree, causing people to turn into flesh eating zombies. A few survivors have to try to
    find a way out of this nightmare but will they succeed or are they next on the menu?

Read the Review below, and it got a great review. Defintely one to look out for if your a Zombie movie fan. Has anyone else heard about it, seen it?

http://www.slasherpool.com/?ABCDEFGH

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  2. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Auh... when is it coming out?

3. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

I've seen it, it was O.K. I probably won't be watching it again though, the FX ranges from impressive to lame, as does the acting and story.

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I saw this the other day and thought it was decent, but nothing special. It had a good bit of gore.

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Is it out on DVD? Or was it a TV Premiere?

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Severed : Forest of the Dead - Release date is 8/01/06

Retail around $11-13.99.

This film will be released in 2 months.

Anyone going to pick it up?

Any in-depth feedback, longer reviews from those who've seen it?

Environmental activists are upset with a major log company for destroying the forest and apparently, so is the forest. Soon, a horrible infection starts to spread caused by the sap from a tree, causing people to turn into flesh eating zombies. A few survivors have to try to find a way out of this nightmare but will they succeed or are they next on the menu?

Short Review Synopsis
    "Severed is a fast-paced zombie flick with a
    great cast, great directing, a great story and
    brilliant photography. This is what all zombie
    movies should be like. The story is pretty
    basic with a group of people who have to fight
    zombies in the forest but what makes this
    different from most zombie flicks is that even
    if the story is ludicrous, it still comes out
    as believable, just because everything feels
    so real about it. These characters aren't your
    stereotypical zombie killers, they actually
    express emotions every time they have to kill
    a zombie to stay alive." - S.House Review

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  7. Beware Of The Misleading Title

Severed had a midnight screening at my city’s international film festival last year. I read the synopsis and thought, “Yes! Zombies + lumber tools = gory greatness.” So I gathered a few of my film geek/filmmaker friends and we went hoping to see a great Canadian horror movie. The verdict: This movie sucked total balls! I guess in British Columbia (where this movie was made) you cannot show limps being severed in a movie without getting a X rating. This meant that all potential zombie killing greatness was reduced to medium close ups of the human's face getting covered in blood. This shot is usually cool if used only once or twice but this movie did it at least ten times. Later in the movie they set up a “Day of The Dead” type scene where our main female heroine has to deal with a camp of sex depraved lumber workers/zombie executioners. This should have been cool but since I didn’t give a shit about our heroine the scene lacked any tension. This movie set up so many potentially cool situations but fell flat in its uncreative execution and lame characters. This was seriously the most boring zombie movie I have ever seen.

8. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  9. Dwhots

Dwhots New Member

I saw this one a while ago, not too bad, not too great. One of those been there done that kind of movies. I felt it never went anywhere. It tried to copy other films to much.

On a side note it was filmed on Vancouver Island where I live and I was hiking up island one day and happened to see where some of it was filmed (the main logging warehouse/storage area). I thought that was pretty cool.