Scorpion Releasing Goes Blu-Ray!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Shawn Francis, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

This ^

I think the blu came out not long after I bought the DVD from Scorpion so I wasn't in a rush to get it. They also weren't into the limited thing at the time so I figured the release would be around for a good while. But yea, if the blue was released the same time as the DVD then I would have picked it up rather quickly.

2. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

What is the deal with Grizzly? I thought Scorpion had it and was making plans to release it long ago?

3. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I know...where is it?

4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=10005633&postcount=2998

https://www.facebook.com/scorpionre..._id=410809902411800&offset=0&total_comments=1

I thought he posted a few weeks ago that he might still release the Blu-Ray eventually as a limited edition with a disclaimer about the picture quality, but I'm not finding it at the moment. It may have been deleted.

5. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Was there possibly a product code error with the "House on Sorority Row" bluray? When it was announced it was going OOP I went to various websites looking for it and I noticed Barnes & Noble had pictures of the Bluray cover but if you read the fine print it was actually the regular DVD. I just wonder if there was confusion about what version people were ordering and that's why there were so many copies returned.

6. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

He did post that - on Blu-Ray.com. Frankly, I don't see him upgrading this title to HD if there are no usable materials, not even as a "better-than-nothing" edition with a disclaimer. Walter seems like the kind of guy who would prefer to move on to other things and not dwell on projects that he feels may not yield him good financial results. This will likely just end up costing him more money than it's worth. I'd rather he spend his money and efforts on titles that were promised years ago and haven't been released, like Human Experiments.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Agreed, if Grizzly is gonna look crappy in HD, I'd probably just rather pass on it and get the DVD if it would hardly look any better on a more expensive Blu-ray edition.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Human Experiments to be released...have for a few years now! :D

8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Thank you! I went back and was able to find the back and forth.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=10413818&postcount=3509

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=10413837&postcount=3510

9. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

More MORTUARY blu's available at diabolik dvd. Only 7 though act quick!

10. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

4 now. Watched it the other night, looks great on Blu.

11. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

All gone now.

12. 7_RaggedTiger

7_RaggedTiger Member

Diabolikdvd could have sold 500 of these in just 1 hour. Shit what gives and what the hell is up with that?

13. Scorpion

Scorpion Active Member

Well Diabolik could order that much if they want, but they only order 50 at a time, so there is nothing more I can do unless they up their order numbers from me.

14. 7_RaggedTiger

7_RaggedTiger Member

No, no I mean why can't you yourself sell these at the same speed? Diabolikdvd could sell all 1000 limited blu-rays in a few hours. Yet your stuck with hundreds of boxes of movies that are not moving. That is why I said what gives and what the hell is up with that? I just find that entire scenario absolutely insane!

Anyway is your website store ever going to open up again? Or are we all pretty much at the mercy of quick buck resellers?

Thank you the reply Scorpion!

15. Scorpion

Scorpion Active Member

When I had the store open, it took so much of my time, and energy, that on top of meeting deadlines for releases as well as doing consulting and extra work for Kino that it was overwhelming and lead to me nearly missing due dates many times, as well as QC work, which never happened before. Hence why I decided to have SAE handle the new limited runs, and will probably open my store once my next three month worth of releases are all taken care of, to avoid delays and near misses. Hopefully soon, which is why I suggest PMing me if you have a particular title one wants.

16. maybrick

I think that if they had 1000 up for sale that they wouldn't sell nearly as fast. The urgency simply wouldn't exist. Plus, I doubt that Diabolikdvd has unlimited funds to work with. Do they have $10,000+ to stock a single title? I doubt it.

17. maybrick

I lucked out! Diabolik shipped Sorority Row to me yesterday morning but I didn't realize it until I checked my junk folder on my computer (totally bypassed my phone). Now I just have to explain to my wife why I'm receiving a $40 blu ray in the mail for myself on her birthday. :eek:

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Tell her it's for her. "I got you this super-rare slasher classic honey, now who loves ya?" :D
    I also have one coming (amazingly, I was late and it was sold out already but the listing still up, so I tried and won). Yesterday got an email saying I have a package coming and I've never ordered anything else, so it has to be it!
    The "it's for you baby" thing will work for me since it's probably my girl's favorite slasher from the era, but I missed her B-day by a couple months.:eek:
    I'll go with the belated birthday bullshit, but I already slipped and told her I was able to track a copy down.:(

19. maybrick

My wife likes horror movies but not slasher films generally. I think she kind of enjoyed Sorority Row though, but I have a feeling that she's going to roll her eyes because we just barely saw it. ("Why did you buy this when you can watch it for free on Hulu?") That said, I doubt she's going to be really upset with me over it. It isn't like I spend several hundred dollars on guns every month like her dad used to.

20. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

You're lucky dude...my wife can't stand any horror...can't wait for my son to get older...I watch all horror solo.:(